Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_6410

Do managers have enough time?

I don't know what objectives Pearson was set by the owners when he returned but it's a safe bet he was tasked with at least reaching the playoffs this season, if he messes up (which he may well do now) he's failed to do what he's being paid for and should be shown the door just like any other manager would be in any other job!

One of the truest things I've ever read on this forum. Spot on

Cheers. It's true though isn't it, the hypocrisy really is amazing.

I can take the criticism of Pearson a lot more in this form but the ones who were slamming him when we were up there with the top 2/3, just amazing.

Perhaps they could see that there were problems with the side and the tactics even at that stage but rather than giving them kudos for that it is used as a stick to beat them with.

Most fans I know have never been great admirers of Pearsons style of play and seemed to think that we were in that lofty position and playing great football despite Pearson not because of him.

Looking at the season as a whole I think they have been shown to be correct.

Perhaps they could see that there were problems with the side and the tactics even at that stage but rather than giving them kudos for that it is used as a stick to beat them with.

Most fans I know have never been great admirers of Pearsons style of play and seemed to think that we were in that lofty position and playing great football despite Pearson not because of him.

Looking at the season as a whole I think they have been shown to be correct.

So we're now outside the playoffs because of Pearson and not despite him? You can't have it both ways.

So we're now outside the playoffs because of Pearson and not despite him? You can't have it both ways.

I can as every other bugger seems to be happy to give the kudos to Pearson for getting us ther in the first place but then refuse to blame Pearson for our current form.

We got to the top 2 because we had 2 runs of 5 victories, both those runs were against roughly the same sides weren't they?

Pearson did have us playing some god football for a time but his natural preference for defensive play was always likely to come back to the fore.

He screwed the play-off semis by playing a defensive side in the first leg. he just can't help himself.

Its a tough one....

I would never EVER not want us to get promoted to the Prem, But i cant help thinking if we dont this year then Pearson will have a good nucleas of young players with potential who with a years experience and a pre-season to get rid of deadwood and add more skill to the team could be formidable..

Lets not forget this is Marshalls, drinkwarter's, James', Knockearts' and RDL's and Keane's first season as first teamers. They havnt had to deal with the pressure of a full season before. Sure anyone can come in and play a blinder for 5-6 games and sit back on the bench when the regular returns... But the tiredness, the pressure from the fans.. how to cope with a bad run.. It all comes with experience...

And what about the ones who are not young and playing well? Oner or two of them are deadwood for sure but i Dont expect the likes of Kasper, Morgan and Nuge to be able to carry a team on their own...

So yes.. Managers should be given more time... Especially ones that have added good young players .. and lets be honest, we have seen how well they can perform.

Sven, it was very noticeable did nothing but destroy our team after Nigel's first stint... With ( almost) every signing i see Nigel as improving the team.

Having said that with the absolute millions the Thais have pumped into the club via team and infrastructure , if i was them i would feel disheartened that their ultimate goal of prem football isnt being achieved. So far THEY ( as owners ) have done everything right... And you try telling them after the millions they have spent they are being unrealistic...

If Nigel stays, i cant wait to see how he could improve on the team during the close-season, whatever division we are in.

Do they really?

They don't, most have praised him when we were doing well and criticised when struggling, like in recent weeks.

The problem is, we've got some who see him as the greatest manager around, and the other end is he's not got a clue about anything.

I see him as someone who has done well for previously, we could do a lot worse but could also improve upon, maybe in the summer (would rather that than a change early season). Not convinced that he can turn it around (hope I'm wrong) but similarly I don't see him as a clown, just a manager who is around his level.

I can as every other bugger seems to be happy to give the kudos to Pearson for getting us ther in the first place but then refuse to blame Pearson for our current form.

We got to the top 2 because we had 2 runs of 5 victories, both those runs were against roughly the same sides weren't they?

Pearson did have us playing some god football for a time but his natural preference for defensive play was always likely to come back to the fore.

He screwed the play-off semis by playing a defensive side in the first leg. he just can't help himself.

That's garbage. It's a counter arguement to "we've dropped from 2nd to 7th" and a pretty good one at that.

Pearson deserves Kudos for being 7th after 40 games and within touching distance of the play offs, no more no less, IMO not a position you should be sacking a manager in.

Thankfully the Thais are going to give him at least a couple more games to get us back on track by the looks of it. I can't see how panic sacking without an appointment is going to help our play off push.

I think the Thais have given him more time because they couldn't get who they want.

Personally I think the players would perform better without the current manager so I'd still get rid now.

If w had risen to 7th after 40 games I could see the argument for not sacking, I don't think that when we were second anyone could predict what an appalling run we would go on whatever they thought of Pearson. I think everyone believed that the playoffs were a given with a top 2 finish being highly likely.

They don't, most have praised him when we were doing well and criticised when struggling, like in recent weeks.

The problem is, we've got some who see him as the greatest manager around, and the other end is he's not got a clue about anything.

I see him as someone who has done well for previously, we could do a lot worse but could also improve upon, maybe in the summer (would rather that than a change early season). Not convinced that he can turn it around (hope I'm wrong) but similarly I don't see him as a clown, just a manager who is around his level.

Indeed.

I think the Thais have given him more time because they couldn't get who they want.

Personally I think the players would perform better without the current manager so I'd still get rid now.

If w had risen to 7th after 40 games I could see the argument for not sacking, I don't think that when we were second anyone could predict what an appalling run we would go on whatever they thought of Pearson. I think everyone believed that the playoffs were a given with a top 2 finish being highly likely.

If we were in a position where we had to "rise" to 7th yourself and others would no doubt of seen off Pearson before he got the opportunity so it's irrelevant.

Nothing to gain from sacking him at this stage than more unrest. I think certain people just want to do it to be spiteful towards him due to the fact that they want someone to pay for us letting a good position slip not for the good of the club.

There is only so much a manager can do with 7 games left and no opportunity to bring in his own players to suit his own way of doing things....

I half suspect that some of the managers might have been approached but gave them the message " come back at the end of the season so i know what division you are in"

There is only so much a manager can do with 7 games left and no opportunity to bring in his own players to suit his own way of doing things....

I half suspect that some of the managers might have been approached but gave them the message " come back at the end of the season so i know what division you are in"

Which is a shame, if they had 6 games to assess the squad they'd have a much better idea of what was required next season and could start bringing in new players when the summer window opens rather than late July when they have finally seen the squad in training.

Which is a shame, if they had 6 games to assess the squad they'd have a much better idea of what was required next season and could start bringing in new players when the summer window opens rather than late July when they have finally seen the squad in training.

or they could fail to get us promotion in those six games. and besides we are faced with YET AGAIN another close season where we have a revolving door of players getting releaseed, bought, agents getting crazy money to bring their players here as the new manager and their new backroom team that we have to secure after paying compensation to the club they came from ( after having to pay off Nigel and his team) so that the new manager can install his new style and way of doing things.

( just what we ned with financial fair play rules ( and punishments!) looming!

We'll then be faced with the current squad being disgruntled as they are pushed to one side so that this new manager has his favorites ( again).

Yup. Just what we need. Nigel has had just 18 months, if i am not mistaken.... I just dont understand the desire to displace him. I'm bitterly dissapointed at the recent run of results as much as anyone else... I just dont see how changing the manager now will do any good... not with six games left...

For me the biggest problem of sacking Pearson now, or even at the end of the season, is the upheaval it would cause. Too much of the squad is now Pearson's squad, how many managers when building their squad, especially one expected to get promoted, would have a shortlist of players like Drinkwater, James, Morgan, etc? If it was Sven in the same position, with the squad Sven built, I would probably have him replaced. I just think given the project, Nigel was the wrong man for the job, but now it's started, and the way he's gone about doing it, there's no point sacking him before we see how he gets on next season.

I think a lot of fans have completely disregarded the work NP has done behind the scenes at the club during this run. We might be dog awful at the minute but the graft he's put in to making the club cease leaking cash whilst keeping us competitive for the majority with such a young squad is nothing short of a miracle.

I'd keep him, get another manager in and it's jeopardising the progress we're making as a club as well as a squad.

Archived