Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Rushden match thread

nice display by the youth. they couldnt have had any motivation, i mean its rushden for christ sake

145350[/snapback]

I disagree as they are trying to impress. Sheehan, Wesolowski and Stearman are on the road to making the transition to first team football and a few others need to show some ambition and talent to make that transition as well.

As far as playing Rushden are concerned, it is a good test for them. They are probably 2 or three years on average younger than Rushden (average age of Rushden was 19) and a lot of the Rushden players have first team experience albeit at a lower league level. It could be better like a goal or two, ;):thumbup: , but they would have to be pleased with that. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

Black Hopeful On Gilbert

Kenny Black has revealed some positive news regarding the injury sustained by Peter Gilbert in City's 2-0 defeat at the hands of Rushden & Diamonds on Wednesday evening.

The Welsh under 21 international was helped off the pitch just before the hour mark after an innocuous looking incident on the edge of the Leicester penalty area.

But Foxes coach Black is hopeful that the left-back will soon be back on the training ground with his new team-mates.

Speaking after the game, he said: "Peter was clearing the ball and as he has turned he has felt his thigh. He was a little bit tight but he seems okay now and he is going to go in for treatment in the morning. The early indication is that he has got a pulled thigh muscle. Taking him off was just a precaution.

"He needs games at the moment - that will allow us to instil into him how we want him to play.

"The last couple of weeks have been difficult for him because the transfer has been off and on. He will now be looking forward to putting that behind him and battling for a place in the first team."

Leicester fielded a young side for the friendly clash, and their senior opponents proved just too strong for them on the night.

He added: "We felt that after Monday night's game against Inter Milan it would be asking too much out of the first team lads to play again just 48 hours later.

"But the fixture gave us the chance to have a look at a lot of the fringe players.

"We actually played some of our best football when we went 2-0 down.

"We are obviously disappointed to concede the two goals, but we will try and not let it dent our confidence too much."

Leicester will now regroup ahead of Saturday's game against Oxford - the club's final pre-season friendly of the summer.

Black said: "That game gives us the last real opportunity to look at things before the big kick off.

"We have done a lot of work on the training ground and we have to make sure that we peak a week on Saturday - not at Oxford."

I am concerned about how many injuries we've picked up this pre-season.

Kisnorbo

Hughes

Connolly

Douglas

Wesolowski

Gilbert

Gilbert's injury looks like he'll be out for a week or so. Definately a chance for Sheehan to stake a claim, what with Tiatto suspended for the first two games.

I imagine if all being well our team against Sheff United will be

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Johanssen

Sheehan

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Hughes

Connolly

de Vries

I think i agree with that except for the midfield, i would play wilox on the left put hughes in the middle with williams and drop gudjonsson

145452[/snapback]

So would I, but i'm not sure Levein likes to play Hughes and Williams together in the centre as they are both attacking midfielders.

nice display by the youth. they couldnt have had any motivation, i mean its rushden for christ sake

145350[/snapback]

It was probably that attitude that lead to the defeat!

145441[/snapback]

I'd have been motivated for it, i'd have been hammering the bastards :angry:

I was there.

Its hard to explain, the balls was about 2 foot off the ground and their player was about to control it, one of our players came in and won the ball, but when he kicked it the ball made the players ankle twist round.

At least thats what it looked like to me, i hope he has a speedy recovery though.

Archived