Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Michael Keane

Again, last night I was thoroughly impressed with his performance. For a centre back his passing is phenomenal. He (along with Wes) dealt with a 6'7/6'8 monster pretty well in the air. What impresses me the most about him is his seemingly cool head for such a young/inexperienced defender in what is a very competitive and intense league. Now, clearly we won't have him next season unless we go up. I say this because I think Fergie seems to tend to loan his players to the championship to get some experience initially and then does the same again but in the Premier League. That, or I even think the lad could improve enough next year to challenge for a Utd spot. Anyway the main point is we are going to need another centre back next season and I don't think we could find a better one than we have at the moment, thoughts?

He is the perfect fit for Leicester....

However no one in their right mind would leave united for us unless he was told he wont make it into their first team and by all acounts he will. But not for a coupole of years at least....

Fergie does have a major decision on his hands... right now i think only lowly prem teams would go for him and it could damage him to be involved in a prem dogfight...

Again, last night I was thoroughly impressed with his performance. For a centre back his passing is phenomenal. He (along with Wes) dealt with a 6'7/6'8 monster pretty well in the air. What impresses me the most about him is his seemingly cool head for such a young/inexperienced defender in what is a very competitive and intense league. Now, clearly we won't have him next season unless we go up. I say this because I think Fergie seems to tend to loan his players to the championship to get some experience initially and then does the same again but in the Premier League. That, or I even think the lad could improve enough next year to challenge for a Utd spot. Anyway the main point is we are going to need another centre back next season and I don't think we could find a better one than we have at the moment, thoughts?

Agreed. I think he's a very promising player indeed although I'd say his passing is good, not phenomenal - having said that, his passing ability is a hundred times better than most Champ defenders . In an ideal world we could get him for £2 -3 million or so with United getting a first refusal / buy back clause. As you say, most likely scenario is that he'll be loaned to Wigan or a Prem club of similar standing. Fergie rarely sends players out on loan to the same club twice - we'll just have to hope that he makes an exception next season.

Agreed. I think he's a very promising player indeed although I'd say his passing is good, not phenomenal - having said that, his passing ability is a hundred times better than most Champ defenders . In an ideal world we could get him for £2 -3 million or so with United getting a first refusal / buy back clause. As you say, most likely scenario is that he'll be loaned to Wigan or a Prem club of similar standing. Fergie rarely sends players out on loan to the same club twice - we'll just have to hope that he makes an exception next season.

Yeah, when I meant phenomenal it's obviously not. But it is phenomenal relative to championship defenders and I have been very impressed with the range of his passing, which has helped us create things. I also thinks he gets better with every game and has the scope for massive improvement. Highly doubtful he'll be 1st team at Utd next year, and hope we can somehow get him back. Although, I get the feeling a Wigan or someone like that will get him

i posted this in another thread, i would offer fergie if he is still interested, schlupp + 4 or 5 mill for him.

Was going to start a thread similar to this singing his praises but will put it here instead. We have had some very good young loanees over the years, spearing. Cleverly. Naughton etc but i think keane is the best by far. Going to have a few quid on him to play for england soon.

i posted this in another thread, i would offer fergie if he is still interested, schlupp + 4 or 5 mill for him.

Was going to start a thread similar to this singing his praises but will put it here instead. We have had some very good young loanees over the years, spearing. Cleverly. Naughton etc but i think keane is the best by far. Going to have a few quid on him to play for england soon.

Oh certainly a future england CB, should he avoid any damaging injuries

His defending is very good, but i was very disappointed with that header he missed last night. It was probably the best chance we actually had because unlike Jeffs, Nuges and Kings, his leap already had the keeper beaten. He should have scored there. Having said that he reads the game well and is very composed, with the odd goal in him.

I like Keane and he was generally pretty good last night. He did let Zigic wander off a couple of times at corners though and had Zigic directed the ball better that could have cost us two goals.

I do like Keane, think he is a good player and I believe he will become a solid Premier League defender, maybe even at Manchester United. Can't see Sir Alex getting rid of him, 'apparently' he does rate him anyway. Wonder if his brother is any good up top?

I do like Keane, think he is a good player and I believe he will become a solid Premier League defender, maybe even at Manchester United. Can't see Sir Alex getting rid of him, 'apparently' he does rate him anyway. Wonder if his brother is any good up top?

Well I played against him at u15 and he scored 4 goals against us... :ph34r:lol

We'll need 2 new defenders, Wes will go back to Forest

I thought about that but i am unsure of the uproar that would cause with the forest faithful.... leaving a club because they are not ambitious enough is one thing but to leave them for one of your rivals? that would be a bitter pill to swallow... and to then come back a year later with your tail between your legs because you wanted prem football might be too much for them....

I thought about that but i am unsure of the uproar that would cause with the forest faithful.... leaving a club because they are not ambitious enough is one thing but to leave them for one of your rivals? that would be a bitter pill to swallow... and to then come back a year later with your tail between your legs because you wanted prem football might be too much for them....

I know but their fans still love him, better team than us, better manager, probably more money..

I'm surprised that everyone seems to think he's that good.

He's good, make no mistake.

But the centre-back pairing of Morgan and Keane have conceded more goals I think (maybe considerably more) than did Morgan and St. Ledger.

Personally, again I'd have gone for a tougher, more experienced centre-back to play alongside Morgan.

Keane will probably be a star, but he's still very young and learning.

I don't give a shite if I get slated for thinking this. It's my view.

I'd have gone for experience personally, especially at centre-back.

Was impressed last night. Calm and collected yet when necessary aggressive in the tackle or the air. Well positioned throughout and not exactly slow either. Somehow always seems to get right close to the end of a set piece, too.

Anyone who thinks we could use Schlupp as any kind of bargaining tool is deluded to fùck. Only one of these kids has any chance at having a top level career, and his name isn't Jeffery.

Archived