Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Is The Season Over?

Are we really playing ok?

Well no, we deserved to beat Brighton away from home that's not ok, that's actually very good so I would have to agree with you there. :)

Birmingham at home was "ok" I admit. Tight game, perhaps shaded it and should've won. So in summary we're playing a little below the level we need to and have to make slight improvements.

Well no, we deserved to beat Brighton away from home that's not ok, that's actually very good so I would have to agree with you there. :)

Birmingham at home was "ok" I admit. Tight game, perhaps shaded it and should've won. So in summary we're playing a little below the level we need to and have to make slight improvements.

I hope you're right Harry.

:thumbup:

Personally, I think slight improvements is a little under-egging the pudding though.

We need somehow to get back to how we were playing a few months ago. If you compare some of the form of our better players then (eg. Knocky, Nugent, Drinky) with their form now, I think the two are miles apart. So actually, some pretty radical improvements are needed. Not only to MAKE the play offs, but to make them with a realistic shout of progressing.

Can we make that turnaround? Well we can do. Will we? That's more doubtful IMO.

What I do think is that we need to get our flair players back on some sort of form. Knocky, for example, warming the bench whilst Kane comes on as a left winger is not acceptable.

Bit of a myth about us not doing well at Forest. Annoys me how people disregard the 3-2 win there when it was 3-1 on the night.

And barring the game that shall not be mentioned. We drew 2-2 last time and only didn't win because of the worst refereeing decision in the history of football. We lost 3-2 because of a weele howler, we drew 2-2 because of Ian walkers inability to catch and we drew 1-1 when Connolly scored last minute when we deserved all 3.

We hardly ever play badly there and rarely get nothing.

Two points off the POs, playing ok, how one can suggest that the season is over really is beyond me. It is not.

how people can say we are playing well despite being bottom of the form table is beyond me. opinions and facts are two different things.

I will still believe that in spite of clueless Nige at the helm, the players desire will get us into the play offs - we could have done with some of that DiCanio ooomph on Friday though - we don't look fit to me and when you start conceding late on fitness is usually the issue - the players should fight for the club (will it happen?)

how people can say we are playing well despite being bottom of the form table is beyond me. opinions and facts are two different things.

We haven't got the results we've deserved, I can tell you that much.

In any case we've played well and ok in the last two games which gives me some hope. We deserved to win at Brighton and might also have deserved to against Birmingham - explain that one to me? I'm less bothered about what we did six games ago. Simply isn't as relevant.

Bit of a myth about us not doing well at Forest. Annoys me how people disregard the 3-2 win there when it was 3-1 on the night.

And barring the game that shall not be mentioned. We drew 2-2 last time and only didn't win because of the worst refereeing decision in the history of football. We lost 3-2 because of a weele howler, we drew 2-2 because of Ian walkers inability to catch and we drew 1-1 when Connolly scored last minute when we deserved all 3.

you mean the myth that we haven't won a league game there since 1972?? my god man, do you make this stuff up for fun??

Bolton on Tuesday will definitely be our biggest 'must win' game of the season. When you look back at the recent 'must win' games we've had during our turbulent run, we've lost the majority of them but somehow we're still mathematically in the play-off mix. There's no need to dwell on the points we dropped against Cardiff, Brighton and Birmingham any longer now. This will be our last chance. IT'S DO OR DIE TIME!

We haven't got the results we've deserved, I can tell you that much.

In any case we've played well and ok in the last two games which gives me some hope. We deserved to win at Brighton and might also have deserved to against Birmingham - explain that one to me? I'm less bothered about what we did six games ago. Simply isn't as relevant.

again. opinions and facts are not the same thing. i deserve a pay raise but i am not going to get one. you don't get promoted by what harry - lcfc thinks do you?? and having ashort attention span (no longer than 6 games) is useful in some respects, but i'll bet if we'd won a lot more of those older games you'ld bring it up as an argmunt point. you're just ignoring them because they don't back up your opinion.

The 3-2/3-1 in the cup game was still 6 years ago! We have capitulated in all games since then at their place

Bolton on Tuesday will definitely be our biggest 'must win' game of the season. When you look back at the recent 'must win' games we've had during our turbulent run, we've lost the majority of them but somehow we're still mathematically in the play-off mix. There's no need to dwell on the points we dropped against Cardiff, Brighton and Birmingham any longer now. This will be our last chance. IT'S DO OR DIE TIME!

The last two games, Brighton & Birmingham, were must win games, but this is the biggest of them all. It is do or die time, getting a result against Bolton will put us back into contention with playoffs but a defeat will end our season.

again. opinions and facts are not the same thing. i deserve a pay raise but i am not going to get one. you don't get promoted by what harry - lcfc thinks do you?? and having ashort attention span (no longer than 6 games) is useful in some respects, but i'll bet if we'd won a lot more of those older games you'ld bring it up as an argmunt point. you're just ignoring them because they don't back up your opinion.

That's probably correct. But if I did that in this hypothetical scenario then my argument would be a lot weaker. I prefer this situation.

I retain the belief that we are playing ok atm and that a win on Tuesday is well within the realms of possibility. After that, things could change for the better but I don't know - we'll have to wait and see.

just stop whining and do something about it,do you realise how pathetic you come across?

I'm pathetic because I don't want to be cheated out of a ticket for the biggest game of the season? It means a lot to me, sorry if it upsets you when I complain about it.

you mean the myth that we haven't won a league game there since 1972?? my god man, do you make this stuff up for fun??

The comment I read said "we never pick anything up there" suggesting we always lose. Which isn't true.

And we rarely deserve not to win.

They can't get a referee giving them a penalty for a ludicrous handball or sending a keeper off for throwing the ball back or adding 7 minutes stoppage time on again can they?

I will still believe that in spite of clueless Nige at the helm, the players desire will get us into the play offs - we could have done with some of that DiCanio ooomph on Friday though - we don't look fit to me and when you start conceding late on fitness is usually the issue - the players should fight for the club (will it happen?)

We may well make the play offs, but winning promotion. No way. :thumbdown:. I wish we could.

Archived