Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Is The Season Over?

I go to the games with 5 other STHs. On Friday night, two of them didn't bother, and one who always takes up any spares going couldn't be bothered to have it either. All that despite it being a huge game. Now for me we still have an excellent chance of reaching the playoffs and I think we will do. Obviously Bolton on Tuesday is must win, I'm in fact travelling back from work in Reading for it rather than lodging out. In the meantime out of the other five who are all local, only one is intending on going. Is this the general attitude amongst other STH at the moment? Realistically- not mathematically, is the season done with? Apologies for the lack of paragraphs my 'enter' button isn't working on here!

Yes, four games to go, all against opposition who's entire season will be determined by how each one does against us, as well as how wwe determin our own with what we do. There are no "nothing" ties anymore against teams with only mid table oscurity to play for - Millwall, Charlton, Brum et al - none of which we won I hasten to add!

One hopes Pearson can rally the troops now and get them to raise their game against everyone in the top six. We couldn't have a worse run in that remains, although the irony is that we have played better against the better teams this season yet we have been found wanting against teams in mid table or lower! We must be a betting man's nightmare!

In 1996 under O'Neill we had to win our remaining four games to squeak into 5th place I think - and this season looks to be panning out the same. The trouble is we're still bang out of form, unlike then. There was the Sheffield United debacle at the end of that March but then we only lost to WBA after that and won most. Now though we have still not won in 10! The last time we got into the play offs under Pearson in 2010, I think we were in a rich vein of form and did it with some ease in the end.

No means over for leicester, if we win the next game and results go our way we could be straight back into the playoffs, have some faith...it's so tight in the battle for playoffs! The win has got to come sooner or later and pure getting closer and closer. Sooner or later the goals will come. I went to the game Friday night and we played some good stuff, had at least 6 clear cut chances which on another day might've been put away. We just need a bit of luck and hopefully next game it'll come. Have to say I was impressed with the midfield 2nd half, kept the ball really well at times. Keane was also immense at CB, hard to believe he's only 19, him and wes make a brilliant partnership!

Yeh I'd say so. Certainly the last two games. Should've been 4-0 up Friday night

If we should've why weren't we?

I'm afraid there are too many if's, but's and maybe's and too many shoulda, woulda, coulda's in people statements for my liking.

Need to be more ruthless and Bolton really is a must win.

If we win on Tuesday then I don't feel theres anything to fear from palace and by the time we play Watford they'll have nothing to play for as hull will be up by then.

It's still on but chances must be put away on Tuesday as I don't feel that Bolton will let us create as many.

Bolton are not the force they are at home when on the road, Palace's form has fallen badly but Watford and Forest look a bridge too far.

Bolton (H) W

Palace (A) D

Watford (H) D

Forest (A) L

Bolton are not the force they are at home when on the road, Palace's form has fallen badly but Watford and Forest look a bridge too far.

Bolton (H) W

Palace (A) D

Watford (H) D

Forest (A) L

I'm being lazy now, can you tell me assuming we lose against Forest and Watford but win the other two, where we will end up? (roughly)

Our game against Forest could decide which one of us gets into the playoffs. How good it will be to best THAT team and then go on to win the playoff final at Wembley. It's been a while since we played at Wembley. Of course we might not get anywhere, but this could end up being a great season.

Archived