Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Falcon

If……sorry, when project self destruction is complete….

Good. Stay speechless then.

Of course I've watched our team. It's horrible to see our team have such a decline.

Did you see our team in January?

I'm not ashamed to show support for a manager who I believe will come good. Sorry for having a bit of faith. Actually, no. I'm not sorry. I'm sorry that I'm part of a fanbase with imbecilic morons amongst me.

Agree.

Pearson is the manager of our football team. Whether you like him or hate him, you still need to support the team. What makes you think that a change of manager will turn us around?

We all know Pearson likes time to build a squad. Give him time. Unfortunately there's too many Leicester fans out there that expect instant success. That won't happen.

Agree.

Pearson is the manager of our football team. Whether you like him or hate him, you still need to support the team. What makes you think that a change of manager will turn us around?

We all know Pearson likes time to build a squad. Give him time. Unfortunately there's too many Leicester fans out there that expect instant success. That won't happen.

Unfortunately I think this is the case with almost every club (and owner) these days. Everything has to be instant, no-one has any patience anymore! Not everybody can achieve success at the same time, but with stability it will come an awful lot sooner than chopping and changing.

No-one wants to put up with the form, obviously.

I know we're nowhere near Blackburn, for now. But who's to say if we sack Pearson, we might turn in to them? Going back to my previous point - I don't want to keep sacking managers like they have done when things begin to go wrong (even though they sacked Kean when 2nd in the league - personal differences with owners seemed to be the cause for that, though). Pearson appears to have a good relationship with our owners which puts us in good stead for the future.

The current players will be older next season :whistling:. But, seriously, the players will have it drilled in to them that they need to learn their lessons regardless of what happens for the rest of the season.

People also need to look beyond form and also look at the financial aspect of Pearson being here:

1 - he's brought the wage bill down a lot.

2 - sack him and we have to pay him compensation

3 - if we want a new manager already at a club, we have to buy him out of his contract and pay compensation to his current club

4 - he might not think current players are good enough and want to sell and buy - new players take time to gel (see my point about starting all over again)

5 - he'll want to buy new players regardless. They won't be free.

So not only do i think it's a wiser option to keep him, it's also the cheaper option and saves a lot of costs for the club, which I suspect is what the owners are looking at, too. Can the club really afford to sack another manager? Further down on the list is the negative publicity it will bring to the club - sacking another manager.

You can either be positive, or you can either be negative, I have been positive in the past, but right now I can't help but think negative of the manager and team.

That Kean fiasco was the fans, regardless if they were 2nd or not, the fans wanted him gone, so the owners eventually listened and sacked him. Henning Berg came in, a bit like Stale Solbakken he failed to get to grips with English management even though he played in England, then Appleton was a poor appointment.

Our current players will be older yes, but you still need a mixture of young and experience, it might take some players 3-4 more years to mature, some players might get better next season, some players might stay the same, and continue to be inconsistent.

The problem with Sven, was that he was a big name, and with a big name people expected him to spend lots and lots and achieve, something which he failed to do, even if Pearson wasn't appointed, a new manager would of probably cut the wage bill down anyway. I don't know his contract or anything, but someone said if we sack him at the end of the season we won't have to pay anything, whether that is true or not god knows. Pearson has done incredibly well, but right now many fans are starting to see flaws, recently he has lost it tactically, if you think otherwise then I think your pretty deluded, as you must know and can see from performances, Wood and Nugent are useless out wide, 4-3-3 never works, and the likes of Drinkwater, Knockaert and Marshall are terribly off form. Regardless if he stays or not, we will need to ship out quite a few players, Danns and Beckford will be coming back, we would need to get rid of them quickly, the likes of Whitbread, Wellens, Gally, Vardy and Futacs are a waste of space. Pearson or his predecessor really needs to rectify certain areas, and buy experienced players, the midfield has shown lots this season, that they aren't capable against some sides, and inexperience has shone through at times, more experience defensively wouldn't go a miss as well.

Because it takes time!

Obviously there'll be some setbacks. And obviously no-one expected it to be on this scale. What people also have to remember is that we have a very young squad (2nd youngest in division; 3rd in Football League?). That's a very big burden on them to achieve promotion at the first time of asking. And having a young squad also emphasises the rebuilding process - building for the future which Pearson is good at doing.

Hopefully Pearson stays after the season even if we don't get play-offs. It gives him more time to build on the current squad which he is assembling.

I'm just really not a fan at all of sacking a manager and having to start all over again. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work ever again. Where did sacking loads of managers get us? League One. I don't want to go there again. Look at Blackburn. They've dropped and dropped after sacking managers when things went downhill and they've continued spiralling because they have no stability.

We all want stability because we've seen that a lack of it can almost destroy the club. I'm a fan of Leicester City as much as the next person and I, for one, don't want to go through all that mayhem again.

Stan, Stan, Stan!!

This whole thing about stability at a club is a myth.

I think it used to have some relevance when players had some loyalty to their 'hometown clubs' and the fans.

But football has moved on...

Like it or not, it's a results driven business.. End of.

Do you honestly think the City players care as much as we do about LCFC? Sure, they want success, mainly, and ill be frank, because they want to earn more money playing in a Premiership team. One of my mates works as a youth coach at a reasonably big club and he often says that there are footballers he knows that don't even like football! They play because they are good at it and it earns them far more than they'd ever get doing another job.

Now... Just look at the teams above us and around us who are in the promotion chase this season:

Cardiff... Fair enough, Malkey has been with them a couple of seasons.

Hull... Bruce took over in the summer

Watford.... Zola took over in the summer

Palace... Ollie took over a third into the season I think?

Forest.. Davies took over a couple of months ago.

Bolton... The manager took over this season.

There we have proof that the teams who look like they are going to be promoted this season have had no more 'stability' than Leicester City have. In some cases, less.

You're living in the past mate and I don't say that disrespectfully. There's only really Sir Alex who I can think has been in the same job now for years and who has done so well.

Sure, Wenger has had what? Twelve years? But has won NOTHING for the last ten?

Football is now a results business. Get the bloke in, see what he can do, if hes not right, make a change. Thats the mentality. Im not saying this is right, but it's how it is.

The question isn't whether Pearson needs another season, it's whether he's the RIGHT MAN for another season? Ill leave you to decide that.

Of course it takes time. Ask Everton fans.

Look where Moyes has took them from. He built them up. I remember when we were in the Prem last, they finished just above us and could have got relegated. Wasn't it the following year they finish 4th?

Warnock?

The guy who says he doesn't want to take on another managerial role?

Nah, you're alright. And yes, you can say that in the guise of the McDonald's advert.

This is just another shit thread put in a more polite way, speculating about who could and should have come in instead of Pearson.

I'm staggered at how many fans think a new manager instantly brings success. Let's sack Pearson and start the rebuilding all over again, shall we? Pearson is a long-term process and he's still in the middle of building the squad. GIVE HIM TIME.

Fed up of repeating myself to so many morons, some more so than others, who think sacking a manager when things go wrong is the answer. IT'S NOT.

Ride the lows with the highs but most importantly, DO IT TOGETHER.

So should we have stuck with Pleat for another year or 2 then ? a new manager won't necessarily rip the squad to bits and rebuild it.

Just make a couple of additions ship a few out and get the best out of what he's got not every manager wants 20 new players and none of the old ones like is often suggested .

So not only do i think it's a wiser option to keep him, it's also the cheaper option and saves a lot of costs for the club, which I suspect is what the owners are looking at, too. Can the club really afford to sack another manager? Further down on the list is the negative publicity it will bring to the club - sacking another manager.

Is it really?

Some may claim that the current form has cost us 50m by not getting promoted and then another 60m in parachute payments should we have got relegated.

I have no idea where this huge loyalty for Pearson has come from amongst our fanbase. Many suggest he is given another season when he has done nothing to warrant it ,how come he should need nearly 3 seasons to get us up while lots of other managers can do it in 12 months with smaller budgets ? Oh yes that's because they are obviously better at there job than him.

Not necessarily, if Di Matteo wasn't out of our league...

Need to look a little more carefully at De Matteo's 'success'. I would question whether he has 'managed' a team to success in its broadest sense...and its the broad sense that we need....I would suggest he did a great job of facilitating success but it was as much due to those before him as himself

But Pearson is on a downward spiral, this is one of the worst runs of form I have ever seen, by any manager since I started going to Leicester games.

How is that a rebuilding process, the club is going backwards again not forwards.

I have read so many pearson is a crap manager type posts on various sites, I think in recent games weve had some bad luck

that you cant blame directly on him,working my way backwards, you just wonder what was going through nugents head v brum,drinkwater giving away the ball against brighton straight down the other end and they score, morgan getting sent of against millwall we could still have won that with ten men, Just those games would have give us another 7 points and we would be sitting happily in a play off position,if we sack pearson we have too start all over again,

Good. Stay speechless then.

Of course I've watched our team. It's horrible to see our team have such a decline.

Did you see our team in January?

I'm not ashamed to show support for a manager who I believe will come good. Sorry for having a bit of faith. Actually, no. I'm not sorry. I'm sorry that I'm part of a fanbase with imbecilic morons amongst me.

What you should be ashamed of you ignorant **** is like all the other Pearson bummers, you decide to poor scorn on anybody elses opinion!

Stan, Stan, Stan!!

This whole thing about stability at a club is a myth.

I think it used to have some relevance when players had some loyalty to their 'hometown clubs' and the fans.

But football has moved on...

Like it or not, it's a results driven business.. End of.

Do you honestly think the City players care as much as we do about LCFC? Sure, they want success, mainly, and ill be frank, because they want to earn more money playing in a Premiership team. One of my mates works as a youth coach at a reasonably big club and he often says that there are footballers he knows that don't even like football! They play because they are good at it and it earns them far more than they'd ever get doing another job.

Now... Just look at the teams above us and around us who are in the promotion chase this season:

Cardiff... Fair enough, Malkey has been with them a couple of seasons.

Hull... Bruce took over in the summer

Watford.... Zola took over in the summer

Palace... Ollie took over a third into the season I think?

Forest.. Davies took over a couple of months ago.

Bolton... The manager took over this season.

There we have proof that the teams who look like they are going to be promoted this season have had no more 'stability' than Leicester City have. In some cases, less.

You're living in the past mate and I don't say that disrespectfully. There's only really Sir Alex who I can think has been in the same job now for years and who has done so well.

Sure, Wenger has had what? Twelve years? But has won NOTHING for the last ten?

Football is now a results business. Get the bloke in, see what he can do, if hes not right, make a change. Thats the mentality. Im not saying this is right, but it's how it is.

The question isn't whether Pearson needs another season, it's whether he's the RIGHT MAN for another season? Ill leave you to decide that.

Exactly, if its not working its not working, don't get caught up in whether if we give him time it will work out. I don't see this as a relevant argument at all when we have looked on aghast at all pearson's cock ups over the season. Can he really change over time. I think not. Look at Bruce he only took the job at start of the season and how well are hull doing as Col says.

I have read so many pearson is a crap manager type posts on various sites, I think in recent games weve had some bad luck

that you cant blame directly on him,working my way backwards, you just wonder what was going through nugents head v brum,drinkwater giving away the ball against brighton straight down the other end and they score, morgan getting sent of against millwall we could still have won that with ten men, Just those games would have give us another 7 points and we would be sitting happily in a play off position,if we sack pearson we have too start all over again,

Really? Lets blame bad luck ... he is the manager for God's sake WAKE UP!!

Why is this place always quieter after a win? Really happy for Pearson after this. Potentially could still be the form team going into the Play-offs. Watford & Palace are in terrible form. Leicester 2 - Brighton 0 in the Play-off Final!!!!!!!!

Really? Lets blame bad luck ... he is the manager for God's sake WAKE UP!!

Thanks for waking me up, and yes i know hes the manager, im pointing out we

have had bad luck in the games i mentioned that altered the course of the games

i mentioned imo, and after tonites game those 7 points would have us in a very strong

position, i dont think a manager can do anything about players making these errors

once the game has started.

Archived