Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Falcon

If……sorry, when project self destruction is complete….

Leicester City fans have been largely split over the course of Nigel Pearson’s second reign at the King Power Stadium. If the Foxes were to complete their promotion self destruction project come May 4th, the divide will be far less obvious, if at all existent.

I’ve been on the support divide of Pearson throughout the season. I think he’s a very calm personality who puts faith in good young footballers. Tactically he has demonstrated his flaws but I’ve always felt he deserved a full season at it here again.

I hoped and genuinely thought he’d pull it off this year too. I, just like Pearson, didn’t see the 2013 U-Turn coming and I can’t see it ending now either.

If form is followed, Leicester won’t finish in the top six and Pearson, after guiding the club to top spot in October and lodging his young squad in the top six for the majority of the season, will no doubt find himself out of a job come the summer.

So where next for the club?

For me it’s rather simple, but it won’t be a popular one amongst fans.

Neil Warnock is both out of a job and proven in the Championship. His outburst toward the club when they fell into administration in 2002 made him a target of abuse on future trips to Leicester, but this should not dictate our next move.

To be successful you need to be smart and this appointment would ooze that.

Warnock knows the league inside out. He knows what players are needed to succeed in the Championship and if given the chance, with the financial backing Leicester have, he’ll do it again, no question.

His appointment would be turbulent around the terraces. His success however, would find forgiveness.

Don't think Neil Warnock would be a popular choice Falcon. I agree that he does seemingly well with clubs at this level but he's surely passed it? Look what he did at Leeds? Absolute jack.

If Pearson does go, first choice would be Poyet. Failing that why not Powell? McCarthy?

Guess we'll see...

Warnock?

The guy who says he doesn't want to take on another managerial role?

Nah, you're alright. And yes, you can say that in the guise of the McDonald's advert.

This is just another shit thread put in a more polite way, speculating about who could and should have come in instead of Pearson.

I'm staggered at how many fans think a new manager instantly brings success. Let's sack Pearson and start the rebuilding all over again, shall we? Pearson is a long-term process and he's still in the middle of building the squad. GIVE HIM TIME.

Fed up of repeating myself to so many morons, some more so than others, who think sacking a manager when things go wrong is the answer. IT'S NOT.

Ride the lows with the highs but most importantly, DO IT TOGETHER.

Warnock knows the league inside out. He knows what players are needed to succeed in the Championship and if given the chance, with the financial backing Leicester have, he’ll do it again, no question.

Why didn't he do it at Leeds then?

Warnock?

Nah, you're alright. And yes, you can say that in the guise of the McDonald's advert.

This is just another shit thread put in a more polite way, speculating about who could and should have come in instead of Pearson.

I'm staggered at how many fans think a new manager instantly brings success. Let's sack Pearson and start the rebuilding all over again, shall we? Pearson is a long-term process and he's still in the middle of building the squad. GIVE HIM TIME.

Fed up of repeating myself to so many morons, some more so than others, who think sacking a manager when things go wrong is the answer. IT'S NOT.

But Pearson is on a downward spiral, this is one of the worst runs of form I have ever seen, by any manager since I started going to Leicester games.

How is that a rebuilding process, the club is going backwards again not forwards.

Guest BlueBrett

Why? He got Reading up last year, knows the league, knows what tactics are .. it would have been a win win

He's super boring. Going from NP to Mcdermott would be like spending the whole day tidying up and then passing the night by counting valueless beans.

But Pearson is on a downward spiral, this is one of the worst runs of form I have ever seen, by any manager since I started going to Leicester games.

How is that a rebuilding process, the club is going backwards again not forwards.

Because it takes time!

Obviously there'll be some setbacks. And obviously no-one expected it to be on this scale. What people also have to remember is that we have a very young squad (2nd youngest in division; 3rd in Football League?). That's a very big burden on them to achieve promotion at the first time of asking. And having a young squad also emphasises the rebuilding process - building for the future which Pearson is good at doing.

Hopefully Pearson stays after the season even if we don't get play-offs. It gives him more time to build on the current squad which he is assembling.

I'm just really not a fan at all of sacking a manager and having to start all over again. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work ever again. Where did sacking loads of managers get us? League One. I don't want to go there again. Look at Blackburn. They've dropped and dropped after sacking managers when things went downhill and they've continued spiralling because they have no stability.

We all want stability because we've seen that a lack of it can almost destroy the club. I'm a fan of Leicester City as much as the next person and I, for one, don't want to go through all that mayhem again.

Warnock?

Are you not ashamed of your constant licking of Pearson's arse, are you blind? have you really watched how crap our team is-i'm speechless!

He's super boring. Going from NP to Mcdermott would be like spending the whole day tidying up and then passing the night by counting valueless beans.

Fair enough but surely he can't be as boring as Pearson .. is that even possible?

Are you not ashamed of your constant licking of Pearson's arse, are you blind? have you really watched how crap our team is-i'm speechless!

Good. Stay speechless then.

Of course I've watched our team. It's horrible to see our team have such a decline.

Did you see our team in January?

I'm not ashamed to show support for a manager who I believe will come good. Sorry for having a bit of faith. Actually, no. I'm not sorry. I'm sorry that I'm part of a fanbase with imbecilic morons amongst me.

Good. Stay speechless then.

Of course I've watched our team. It's horrible to see our team have such a decline.

Did you see our team in January?

I'm not ashamed to show support for a manager who I believe will come good. Sorry for having a bit of faith. Actually, no. I'm not sorry. I'm sorry that I'm part of a fanbase with imbecilic morons amongst me.

Pearson out! :D

Because it takes time!

Obviously there'll be some setbacks. And obviously no-one expected it to be on this scale. What people also have to remember is that we have a very young squad (2nd youngest in division; 3rd in Football League?). That's a very big burden on them to achieve promotion at the first time of asking. And having a young squad also emphasises the rebuilding process - building for the future which Pearson is good at doing.

Hopefully Pearson stays after the season even if we don't get play-offs. It gives him more time to build on the current squad which he is assembling.

I'm just really not a fan at all of sacking a manager and having to start all over again. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work ever again. Where did sacking loads of managers get us? League One. I don't want to go there again. Look at Blackburn. They've dropped and dropped after sacking managers when things went downhill and they've continued spiralling because they have no stability.

We all want stability because we've seen that a lack of it can almost destroy the club. I'm a fan of Leicester City as much as the next person and I, for one, don't want to go through all that mayhem again.

I said we needed more experience months ago and nobody listened, and now it seems to be taking it's toll.

If we were still inconsistent but winning games, I would still be happy, but from the start of February we have only won 1 game, that is shocking shocking form, how can fans want to put up with that kind of form, yes we have had worse managers, but this current form is worse than the Megson, Holloway, Sousa days.

We are nowhere near Blackburn, we have better owners than them, and I doubt Top and Co would dream of doing a Blackburn.

But we have to take a good hard look at this current form, the way the team is playing, and what Pearson is doing with the players. At this moment in time he and the players are on a downward spiral, can he rectify the problem if he stays, is the main question.

If this young squad, isn't clicking now who says this kind of thing won't happen again next season, if Pearson stays?

I said we needed more experience months ago and nobody listened, and now it seems to be taking it's toll.

If we were still inconsistent but winning games, I would still be happy, but from the start of February we have only won 1 game, that is shocking shocking form, how can fans want to put up with that kind of form, yes we have had worse managers, but this current form is worse than the Megson, Holloway, Sousa days.

We are nowhere near Blackburn, we have better owners than them, and I doubt Top and Co would dream of doing a Blackburn.

But we have to take a good hard look at this current form, the way the team is playing, and what Pearson is doing with the players. At this moment in time he and the players are on a downward spiral, can he rectify the problem if he stays, is the main question.

If this young squad, isn't clicking now who says this kind of thing won't happen again next season, if Pearson stays?

No-one wants to put up with the form, obviously.

I know we're nowhere near Blackburn, for now. But who's to say if we sack Pearson, we might turn in to them? Going back to my previous point - I don't want to keep sacking managers like they have done when things begin to go wrong (even though they sacked Kean when 2nd in the league - personal differences with owners seemed to be the cause for that, though). Pearson appears to have a good relationship with our owners which puts us in good stead for the future.

The current players will be older next season :whistling:. But, seriously, the players will have it drilled in to them that they need to learn their lessons regardless of what happens for the rest of the season.

People also need to look beyond form and also look at the financial aspect of Pearson being here:

1 - he's brought the wage bill down a lot.

2 - sack him and we have to pay him compensation

3 - if we want a new manager already at a club, we have to buy him out of his contract and pay compensation to his current club

4 - he might not think current players are good enough and want to sell and buy - new players take time to gel (see my point about starting all over again)

5 - he'll want to buy new players regardless. They won't be free.

So not only do i think it's a wiser option to keep him, it's also the cheaper option and saves a lot of costs for the club, which I suspect is what the owners are looking at, too. Can the club really afford to sack another manager? Further down on the list is the negative publicity it will bring to the club - sacking another manager.

Archived