Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Random Burglar

Tiatto...

Correct choice for club captain?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Correct choice for club captain?

• Yes
    • No

No.

At the time he was made captain, yes, but since then he's started playing like a headless chicken at times, and he gets more cards than Clintons could cope with!!

Tiatto - A bit too volatile for my liking - but then again so was Walshie at times

And if I remember rightly Walshy had the captaincy taken off him following a sending off (Don't remember the details but would guess that it may have involved Steve Bull??)

Guest CL Blue Army

Definetly not.

I'm unusure whether he should be in the side next year as I don't rate him as Roy Keane fierce midfield or a Cristiano Ronaldo skillful player . Hes strange

I would rather have Williams, Hughes with Maybury on the left and whoever on the right and I can't see Tiatto playing in defence.

But i guess he will play as he has been put as club captain :mad:

Dissapointed in that to be fair.

Im not sure of Tiattos leadership qualities.

He does put plenty of effort in Would prefer Maybury or Rab to be honest

144965[/snapback]

You need someone in the thick of the action, who can dictate play.

I don't think Dublin will be a regular next season, but he would be the choice for me. Tiatto is too rash to be a captain and doesn't always set the best standard. I love his workrate, however, he often goes too far.

If not Dublin, then maybe someone like Maybury or Douglas.

Douglas would be a good choice, or maybe Maybury. I think if Kisnorbo's going to play regularly, depending on his personality, he might be worth considering as hes in the right area of the pitch (as holding midfielder). :)

Guest CL Blue Army

Personally, i think we should have a centre half as one like Walsh, Elliot ... etc.

I feel that captaincy is good for those poisitions as long as they have influence!

With the current defence I believe that Gerrband will not be captain as too young to have muich influence. However, Nils will be a good captain as he has experience.

At least our centre halfs can communicate as they are both Sweedish! :D

Going off the point about centre halfs, I think that Williams, someone in the middle of play would make a good captain but he could be too young.

Depends whether we're looking for a Walshie type Captain who was very verbal and likeds to kick ass or an Elliott type, who I personally thought was inconspicuous on the pitch but was a good ambassador for the club.

Personally I prefer the Walshie type -

Now Tiatto might seem to fit that with his gung ho approach but he doesn't come across as very verbal or with a football brain.

I wouldn't have a goalkeeper as captain.

Certainly not Williams, he would benefit from a captain playing along side him.

Despite his popularity on here I just don't trust Dublin, because the guy only started to perform for us when he found out no one else wanted him, I'm not impressed by his arm waving as I believe he uses that to hide his own mistakes.

In fact I don't think at this time we have someone who stands out as a natural candidate, maybe Maybury or Nessa but only time will tell, Weso could easily be one in five years. With so many new young players let's hope there's a natural in there somewhere.

So on reflection I'll stick with CL's choice of Tiatto until someone better shows up.

Archived