Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

The Dyer, Wood and Schlupp combo.

Anyone else think we look a far more dangerous side when these two play together?

It's refreshing to see another player with pace aswell as dyer.

I think it opened a lot of space for dyer tonight, as the Center back never wanted to help out butterfield due to schlupp getting in behind with pace.

Schlupp also helped Wood out a lot, he had the pace and awareness to drag players away from wood, allowing time to bring the ball down and play.

Wood is such a strong lad though, dawson and knight are 2 top defenders at this level, but he outmuscled them all night. Proved so many people wrong about his first touch, it was excellent, especially the flicks in the second half. We just need to use him properly, hit his chest and feet, not 5 yards over his head.

To be honest I think any combination of Schlupp, Wood, Dyer, Nugent, Marshall, Knocky, Waghorn are good enough if they are all on form, sadly that hasn't been very often in the last 10 weeks.

All credit to Schlupp though for taking his chance and proving himself.

Anyone else think we look a far more dangerous side when these two play together?

It's refreshing to see another player with pace aswell as dyer.

I think it opened a lot of space for dyer tonight, as the Center back never wanted to help out butterfield due to schlupp getting in behind with pace.

Schlupp also helped Wood out a lot, he had the pace and awareness to drag players away from wood, allowing time to bring the ball down and play.

Wood is such a strong lad though, dawson and knight are 2 top defenders at this level, but he outmuscled them all night. Proved so many people wrong about his first touch, it was excellent, especially the flicks in the second half. We just need to use him properly, hit his chest and feet, not 5 yards over his head.

i've made this point in previous posts and i totally agree. Having pace up front gives a different dimension, and it opens up more space for us in the midfield due to the oppo playing a bit deeper, allowing for the pacey threat in behind. Times when we've played nugent and wood up top, we dont have any frightening pace.

Much better tonight. Despite some shortcomings, Schlupp has made a big difference for us.

WYS

I admire your optimism but Dyer is a 1 in 10 player, pace is all well and good but he has no end product most games. He did well tonight but remember he was up against a central midfielder playing out of position at right back.

Danny Butterfield is a natural right-back pal, you are thinking of Jacob Butterfield.

The difference was that Dyer actually utilised his pace, very well.

But could that have been due to the fact that we actually had a striker with a bit of pace?

I'm not saying Nugent is slow, but as a center back myself (I'm not very good to be fair) i would much rather be chasing and marking nugent than schlupp.

In all honesty i do think it was a combination of the effect of Schlupp's pace, and poor tactics by Freedman. I am really surprised that he played Eagles down the same side as dyer, as most managers usually double up on Lloyd due to his pace. He may have a poor end product, but if you keep letting him go past you again and again you are asking for trouble.

Dont get excited. He will change it for sat. My guess is dyer will be dropped for drinkwater as an extra body in midfield.

I would also think nuge maybe back for knocky who did **** all tonight.

what are anyone's thoughts on playing Moore instead of Knocky?

Zaha and Bolasie are the main threat of the Palace side. Stop them and we have a great chance.

With the Schlupp and wood combo i do fancy us to score a goal or two at palace, has a great variety of pace and power, and both can finish.

what are anyone's thoughts on playing Moore instead of Knocky?

Zaha and Bolasie are the main threat of the Palace side. Stop them and we have a great chance.

With the Schlupp and wood combo i do fancy us to score a goal or two at palace, has a great variety of pace and power, and both can finish.

Same team for me. Think we should go there and have a right go, Playing an extra defender will only encourage them onto us. We need this win more than them and attacking with pace is the best way to do it. They have shipped goals over the last few games, and we should be trying to exploit that.

Archived