Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Bad Timing?

Personally I felt the call for fans to stay behind after the game as the players wanted to show their "appreciation for the season" was very bad timing. We had just been beaten (again) and are on the worse run any club in the Championship has been on this season. 2 wins in 16 games and falling from 2nd in January to 8th in April is not something that deserves to be applauded. I know it was our last home game of the season but really what cretin at the club thought it would still be a good PR stunt? You could tell the players couldn't be arsed at the final whistle and some even looked embarrassed to be doing it after a loss that pretty much ends our season (barring a slip up from other sides).

Does anyone else think it was a shit idea or is it just me?

I think the club felt obligated to do a 'parade'. They left it up to the fans whether to stay or not (the overwhelming majority choosing 'not) and I think that was the right thing to do. It's one of those situations where damned if you do, damned if you don't applies.

I left on the final whistle and only saw a handful of fans stay in their seats so fair play to them.

I think you're missing the point on this. The reason for the players doing the lap of appreciation was for them to applaud the fans for their support. The fans that did stay, myself included, obviously applauded them out of a mutual sense, and I personally did because I felt the players did deserve it even though we have had the bad period, but the players were supposed to be showing their appreciation to the supporters.

I was also impressed with the fact that Top and his dad joined for the lap, thought that was a really nice touch.

I think you're missing the point on this. The reason for the players doing the lap of appreciation was for them to applaud the fans for their support. The fans that did stay, myself included, obviously applauded them out of a mutual sense, and I personally did because I felt the players did deserve it even though we have had the bad period, but the players were supposed to be showing their appreciation to the supporters.

I was also impressed with the fact that Top and his dad joined for the lap, thought that was a really nice touch.

I think you're missing the point on this. The reason for the players doing the lap of appreciation was for the players to applaud the fans for their support, rather than the other way around. The fans that did stay, myself included, obviously applauded them out of a mutual sense, and I personally did because I felt the players did deserve it even though we have had the bad period, but the players were supposed to be showing their appreciation to the supporters.

I was also impressed with the fact that Top and his dad joined on the lap, thought that was a really nice touch.

No I get the point that they are applauding us but...

1) Sorry to break it to you but they don't really give a shit about the fans

2) It was bad timing as majority of the fans were annoyed hence the abuse they copped from certain areas of the crowd

3) They were clearly told to do it, it wasn't their choice

No I get the point that they are applauding us but...

1) Sorry to break it to you but they don't really give a shit about the fans

2) It was bad timing as majority of the fans were annoyed hence the abuse they copped from certain areas of the crowd

3) They were clearly told to do it, it wasn't their choice

1) They care about the fans no more or no less than the players at any other club so don't give me that one

2) bad timing? ...It's the last home match of the season and it's done every year (including worse seasons than this) It's traditional now and wasn't just a PR stunt dreamed up by some"cretin" as you say in your 1st post

3) They possibly were told to do it but many if not all players applaud the fans at the end at the end of every match without a gun to their head and this is just a similar jesture to thank you for your support, if you don't want to see it or be applauded then leave the ground (as I did)

1) They care about the fans no more or no less than the players at any other club so don't give me that one

2) bad timing? ...It's the last home match of the season and it's done every year (including worse seasons than this) It's traditional now and wasn't just a PR stunt dreamed up by some"cretin" as you say in your 1st post

3) They possibly were told to do it but many if not all players applaud the fans at the end at the end of every match without a gun to their head and this is just a similar jesture to thank you for your support, if you don't want to see it or be applauded then leave the ground (as I did)

Agree with everything here

Worse for timing is this LCFC awards evening. Should have been delayed until the season had actually ended for us. Shocking in my opinion.

They better not be ****ing boozing is all I'm gonna say. They can do that when the season is finished seeing as the game on Saturday is potentially massive.

Archived