Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Our squad and the Premiership

Can some people stop bleating on about which of our players wouldn't survive in the Premiership.

Wes Morgan's name has cropped up in the Kasper thread because 'he wouldn't be good enough for the Prem'.

:angry:

Two points... How the Fook does anyone really know? Many players from many clubs have stepped up to the plate when they needed to and have improved when they got promoted.

A great example was most of MON's signings... The likes of Izzett, Lennon et al all proved that they could cut it in the big time.

Second point is, if we do go up, who knows what the squad will look like anyway? A few quality signings could massively bring on the existing players and raise the level of the team per se.

C'mon people, don't be bothered at what would happen if.......

Concentrate on the here and now and if we do get to 'the promised land' let the summer pan out in whatever way it does.

:thumbup:

Can some people stop bleating on about which of our players wouldn't survive in the Premiership.

Wes Morgan's name has cropped up in the Kasper thread because 'he wouldn't be good enough for the Prem'.

:angry:

Two points... How the Fook does anyone really know? Many players from many clubs have stepped up to the plate when they needed to and have improved when they got promoted.

A great example was most of MON's signings... The likes of Izzett, Lennon et al all proved that they could cut it in the big time.

Second point is, if we do go up, who knows what the squad will look like anyway? A few quality signings could massively bring on the existing players and raise the level of the team per se.

C'mon people, don't be bothered at what would happen if.......

Concentrate on the here and now and if we do get to 'the promised land' let the summer pan out in whatever way it does.

:thumbup:

Nicely put...

No squad is usually good enough to compete in the Premier League (apart from Newcastle and West Ham, who didn't lose key players) but the squad gets improved upon promotion, which may benefit players around them.

Got to admit, I'm not one for 'Kasper is a Prem goalkeeper in a Championship side' (I don't believe that), but nobody knows how a player will do at a higher, or maybe lower, level.

Compared to Watford, Palace and Brighton we have the best squad by far to stand any chance in the Prem, added to that the ambition and investment our owners will want to make to our squad we should be the least concerned

QPR's promoted players cut it better than the 'all stars team' they've signed since

It's about the team, how they work for each other & how it functions together.

It's about how you beat teams in the mini-league near the bottom in an effort to finish 17th or above

If we get past Watford, which will be hard & go on to Wembley and win, which will also be hard then I'm sure the Thais will work with the manager to add to the squad in key areas, but FFS, it's irrelevant.

Some people really are swimming in a sea of delusion & bullshit. It's beyond embarrassing.

He's got the right core of players at the club at the minute. We need 2/3 more players to get us that bit further.

Sorry Bert, we've both just laughed at that to be honest.

lol

We think we'd be slaughtered!

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/87644-who-would-pearson-sign-201314/

:whistle:

To put things in perspective, Gareth Mcauley is currently a first choice Premiership centre back in a top 10 team (just been voted Player's & Fan's player of the season at WBA). No-one would have suspected that from his time here.

It's hard to guess how the like's of Morgan, De Laet and co will fare. I wouldn't say that Norwich have anything other than Championship quality players, and they've stayed up 2 years running.

To put things in perspective, Gareth Mcauley is currently a first choice Premiership centre back in a top 10 team (just been voted Player's & Fan's player of the season at WBA). No-one would have suspected that from his time here.

It's hard to guess how the like's of Morgan, De Laet and co will fare. I wouldn't say that Norwich have anything other than Championship quality players, and they've stayed up 2 years running.

Aye, I often find myself thinking, "that CAN'T be the same Gareth McAuley!"

Quick one from me, I think our players may suited better to PL football. It is a very different league to this one, without getting into the granular reasons of why I think this, simply put the premiere league has in recent years become more and more similar to the Barcelona ideal, ball on the deck, triangles etc etc very few teams play the long ball physical game etc. the championship still has a mix of styles, the PL may suit our style better. Additions are obviously needed...

Archived