Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnugent

Praise knockaert

I don't want this to become a slating Knockaert topic cos I rate him a lot and as I say I bear no grudge to him whatsoever, so me saying he's cocky isn't my backlash for the penalty miss.

He does seem like he's only out for himself. Plays to put himself in the shop window of a bigger club perhaps. I genuinely don't believe he is that well liked in the team- my belief only, not hearsay. I've not watched back that penalty thing despite me Sky+ the game. It hurts too much, but from what I think I remember once the ref had given the penalty there was little doubt in his mind as to who was going to take it. Maybe a bit of playing the hero after the Forests goal, setting up Nugent's in the first leg, winning the penalty and then scoring it?! It would have been a fairytale ending to his debut season in English football.

Fair enough mate...

I just simply don't agree.

Knocky to me looks like he wants to do really well for City. He seems to adore the fans and loves it when we chant his name. If he has his sights on a bigger club well, so what? It's just a sign of the times in the cut-throat world of modern football. There's very little 'loyalty' anymore.

I reiterate.... He needs developing.. The play needs to be built around him. Not in a 'cocky, look at me' kinda way... But in a sensible, efficient way that gets the best out of the player.

He's our talisman... Of that I'm convinced.

Fair enough mate...

Knocky to me looks like he wants to do really well for City. He seems to adore the fans and loves it when we chant his name. If he has his sights on a bigger club well, so what? It's just a sign of the times in the cut-throat world of modern football. There's very little 'loyalty' anymore.

I reiterate.... He needs developing.. The play needs to be built around him. Not in a 'cocky, look at me' kinda way... But in a sensible, efficient way that gets the best out of the player.

Spot on as usual Col

He needs utilising more than anybody in our squad. He's our main weapon!

Fair enough mate...

He's certainly our only flair player. He loves hearing his name sung, but I just think he enjoys his ego being massaged a little!

I'm not sure why I'm arguing really as I agree with 99.9% of what you're saying but me arguing about whether he's cocky or not gives the impression I don't lol

I don't consider Knockaert to be cocky just the fact that he knows he is a good player compared to the other players around him, but NP has yet to get the best out of him and playing as a winger in a 4-4-2 is just plain wrong, but that is all NP knows or does he? Here is hoping he can be given a free role next season behind the front men.

Maybe if he gets an attacking full back like De laet to play on the left he'll revert to 3-5-2?  We seem to of been linked with an attacking left back since Nigel came back ie Fryers and Izaguirre! But its a slow process and difficult to get rid of Konchesky on his high wage so best to make do!

Maybe if he gets an attacking full back like De laet to play on the left he'll revert to 3-5-2?  We seem to of been linked with an attacking left back since Nigel came back ie Fryers and Izaguirre! But its a slow process and difficult to get rid of Konchesky on his high wage so best to make do!

Nothing to do with him being absolute quality then?!

For me, Konchesky is a quality player who shows determination and passion.  He is getting on a bit though, and he also isn't blessed with the ability to play well every single game.

Football is a game of opinions though, and usually people are split into two camps.  

• Those who come to ill judged, knee-jerk reactions based on their inability to process their disappointment into coherent thought.
  • Those who feel the disappointment but are able to suppress their childlike urges to hit out and blame people, and instead come to reasonable conclusions to explain their expectations not being met.

Controversial but hey ho !!

:ph34r:  lol

For me, Konchesky is a quality player who shows determination and passion. He is getting on a bit though, and he also isn't blessed with the ability to play well every single game.

Football is a game of opinions though, and usually people are split into two camps.

• Those who come to ill judged, knee-jerk reactions based on their inability to process their disappointment into coherent thought.
  • Those who feel the disappointment but are able to suppress their childlike urges to hit out and blame people, and instead come to reasonable conclusions to explain their expectations not being met.
Controversial but hey ho !!

:ph34r:lol

And some players are wildly over rated at our club. Konchesky may be a decent enough defender at championship level but his game is flawed he lacks pace and this was shown up when Morgan got sent off covering for him.

He puts q few good balls over but normally ends up lumping it far to much.

He was not at all popular at Liverpool or Forest and its daylight robbery what we are paying him in wages.

It makes me laugh when he even gets a round of applause for putting the ball out for a throw in!

And some players are wildly over rated at our club. Konchesky may be a decent enough defender at championship level but his game is flawed he lacks pace and this was shown up when Morgan got sent off covering for him.

He was not at all popular at Liverpool or Forest and its daylight robbery what we are paying him in wages.

It makes me laugh when he even gets a round of applause for putting the ball out for a throw in!

And when did we get promoted?

Another fan who thinks we're something we're not?!

And when did we get promoted?

Another fan who thinks we're something we're not?!

You can highlight words and try and twist things if it makes you look better I have never said we are something we are not or think we have been promoted. In my opinion Konchesky is a steady defender at championship level. By that I mean his ability now would be at a club around mid table at best. If you are happy with that there is no problem. 

Not saying anyone else is wrong it is just my opinion having watched all home games and a few away.

You can highlight words and try and twist things if it makes you look better I have never said we are something we are not or think we have been promoted. In my opinion Konchesky is a steady defender at championship level. By that I mean his ability now would be at a club around mid table at best. If you are happy with that there is no problem. 

Not saying anyone else is wrong it is just my opinion having watched all home games and a few away.

Same here in terms of number of games watched. I honestly can't see him being the/a reason we didn't go up/ the reason we won't go up next season!

I agree that some players are wildly overrated.  For me, although he shows flashes of great technique, I don't see why people rave about Schlupp.  Regardless of his obvious talent, I don't think he adds enough overall, especially when he plays up front, although this argument was weakened towards the end of the season.

I think any centreback is at some point going to have to cover for a fullback.  Konchesky is an asset going forwards and has a decent cross and cracking shot at times.  I don't see the value of highlighting particular errors in particular games.  If any player regularly does something wrong, then it is up to the coaching staff, let alone the fans, to be making this known to the player.

I've seen so many players be heros one minute then villains the next.  It gets on my bonce when this happens, partly because often the player must be dumbfounded for the change in attitude of the fans.  Whatever anyone says about 'they are professionals' or 'on their money', they must be in some part sensitive to the criticism they receive and if this is the case, what is the point of doing it?  If anyone objects to the fact that highly paid footballers have dips in form, then they should go watch WWE, performances there are far more predictable.

To sum up, you are fully entitled to your opinion of Konchesky.  For me, he is a decent professional who has done a good job.  He is aging a bit but I don't want him to go down the Oakley, Wellens, Gallagher road of spending his remaining time at the club being abused for no good reason.

Rant over !!

I agree that some players are wildly overrated. For me, although he shows flashes of great technique, I don't see why people rave about Schlupp. Regardless of his obvious talent, I don't think he adds enough overall, especially when he plays up front, although this argument was weakened towards the end of the season.

I think any centreback is at some point going to have to cover for a fullback. Konchesky is an asset going forwards and has a decent cross and cracking shot at times. I don't see the value of highlighting particular errors in particular games. If any player regularly does something wrong, then it is up to the coaching staff, let alone the fans, to be making this known to the player.

I've seen so many players be heros one minute then villains the next. It gets on my bonce when this happens, partly because often the player must be dumbfounded for the change in attitude of the fans. Whatever anyone says about 'they are professionals' or 'on their money', they must be in some part sensitive to the criticism they receive and if this is the case, what is the point of doing it? If anyone objects to the fact that highly paid footballers have dips in form, then they should go watch WWE, performances there are far more predictable.

To sum up, you are fully entitled to your opinion of Konchesky. For me, he is a decent professional who has done a good job. He is aging a bit but I don't want him to go down the Oakley, Wellens, Gallagher road of spending his remaining time at the club being abused for no good reason.

Rant over !!

Just a difference if opinion mate I sing his name and never boo him even if he won't My cup if tea. Think main problem with Konchesky is lack if pace in his position at full back.

Think Schlupp Could be decent if coached properly also.

Archived