Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnugent

Praise knockaert

I feel for him. Poor lad. However, he was poor today and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I support him 100% though.

Really, granted I was only watching on TV but he was fairly good - biggest threats came through him. Did really well in keeping them on their toes with all that hareing around.

Feel sorry for the lad though - did brilliantly to get the penalty, showed the guts to step up and well... Can tell by his reaction that he really cares as well, unlike another frenchman 3 years ago.

I feel for the guy, he's had a great debut season, it's such a shame it ended like that. I don't blame him, he's had the bottle to take it but it's not worked out. His reaction at the end of the game says it all. He's already a fans favourite and I for one would have invited him to drown his sorrows with me! He'll be a better player next season for this experience!

It's about keeping this group of players AND THE MANAGER together, as we're actually not a bad team. A few tweaks for next season and we'll be up there. Wholesale changes and we'll be down there, simple!

Morgan or Pearson should have stepped in and told him, should always let you're set penalty takers take them.

Who did we have on the pitch who is a set penalty taker? People are saying Nuge or King - who have taken 1 and 0 penalties in their respective careers.

Be nice to think that the management had given it a tiny thought as it was highly likely there would have been an awful lot of penalties at the end of that game.

Knocky has provided us with some fantastic football this year and I think has really applied himself to the team in the last few games of the season.

I bet the bar on the train was busy last night.

• 3 weeks later...

No wonder he thinks he's gods gift and never passes.

With Knockaert it's all about Knockaert not the team

No wonder he'd sooner do another trick rather than pass to someone in space, no wonder he'd rather beat a player 3 times and run into a dead end 99% of the time rather than beat a man once then cross it

I'm sorry, he doesn't need putting on a pedestal - he needs taking off one... And then he's got a chance of being as great as both he & his wilfully blind arselickers think he is.

We know he's a potential match winner, now he needs to work on being part of the team too.

Very harsh.

Knocky doesn't come across to me like the player you're suggesting he is.

I think he's young, keen, needs nurturing and controlling. But I don't see him like a billy big bollox. More like a little pup who needs training.

Did you not see how inconsolable he was after losing the Watford game? Another reason why the captain/manager should have stepped in and calmed him down prior to the penno being taken.

No wonder he thinks he's gods gift and never passes.

With Knockaert it's all about Knockaert not the team

No wonder he'd sooner do another trick rather than pass to someone in space, no wonder he'd rather beat a player 3 times and run into a dead end 99% of the time rather than beat a man once then cross it

I'm sorry, he doesn't need putting on a pedestal - he needs taking off one... And then he's got a chance of being as great as both he & his wilfully blind arselickers think he is.

We know he's a potential match winner, now he needs to work on being part of the team too.

I've no idea why you actually watch football, you clearly have no grasp of what's going on when you do.

Why don't I have you on ignore yet? One way to answer that...

Great player in the making, just needs better players around him.

Can't blame him for the playoffs, like its been said at least he stood up and took it, it wasn't his fault they all switched off for the goal.

He is a flair player who isn't afraid to get stuck in, and I think with a decent team around him, he should play in a free role, and after the experience of last season, he should be a better player this season.

Hearty applause. As a mate just said, this is so much worse than the Cardiff semi as we have nowhere for our rage to go.

Mine's mostly gone on Watford's disgusting loan policy and also killing hookers.

Knockaert's own initiative got us as far as it did. He's the most gifted player at the club and we should encourage him to try things rather than discourage.

Wrong.

This only goes so far.

He needs coaching, nurturing and developing. He needs to be taught the CORRECT time to take a player on, or to look for the pass. He needs to learn positional sense. Finally, he needs the ball taking away from him by a seasoned pro when it's clear that he's puffing like a train and not in the right physical shape to take an incredibly important penalty.

These are all coaching/managerial issues.

With the right coaching/management I believe Knocky could be an exceptional player.

He needs coaching but we need to be careful to not dampen his ability. There's definitely improvements we need to make on him and if we make the right ones, we will be laughing.

I think the first thing we need to do next year is scrap 4-4-2 and start playing him in his actual position. Whilst he's still good on the right of midfield, he'd be so much more effective playing behind the striker(s).

He needs coaching but we need to be careful to not dampen his ability. There's definitely improvements we need to make on him and if we make the right ones, we will be laughing.

I think the first thing we need to do next year is scrap 4-4-2 and start playing him in his actual position. Whilst he's still good on the right of midfield, he'd be so much more effective playing behind the striker(s).

Couldn't agree more Dan.

I've got to be honest.

For the form of such a talented young player to go off like it did in the latter half of the season was alarming.

I think it's clear that he could be the talisman in the side, the jewel in the crown if you like.

But you're spot on. He MUST be played to his strengths.

Couldn't agree more Dan.

I've got to be honest.

For the form of such a talented young player to go off like it did in the latter half of the season was alarming.

I think it's clear that he could be the talisman in the side, the jewel in the crown if you like.

But you're spot on. He MUST be played to his strengths.

The entire team seemed to lose it. Other than James (who was injured for most of the first half) I literally can't think of a player in our squad who had a better second half of season than first.

He's the kind of player you play around because he can be that devastating when used right. I've said it elsewhere but I'd seriously be looking at 3-5-2 this season with him just behind the forwards, so almost 3-4-1-2.

The entire team seemed to lose it. Other than James (who was injured for most of the first half) I literally can't think of a player in our squad who had a better second half of season than first.

He's the kind of player you play around because he can be that devastating when used right. I've said it elsewhere but I'd seriously be looking at 3-5-2 this season with him just behind the forwards, so almost 3-4-1-2.

Again I agree.

I'd play (as you know) one midfielder behind the other two central midfielders.

So it would be 3-1-3-1-2

:thumbup:

Knocky in a traditional 4-4-2 is a WASTE! And one of my reservations about Mr.Pearson..

Again I agree.

I'd play (as you know) one midfielder behind the other two central midfielders.

So it would be 3-1-3-1-2

:thumbup:

Knocky in a traditional 4-4-2 is a WASTE! And one of my reservations about Mr.Pearson..

Schmeichel

Morgan - ????? - Whitbread

De Laet                                           ?????

James - King

Knockaert

Nugent - Wood

Of course Whitbread is a gamble there but whilst that would include three centre halves, it would be wise to have another look at him.

It's only an idea anyway. I think that side with the right two additions could get out of this division.

Archived