Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnugent

Praise knockaert

Schmeichel

Morgan - ????? - Whitbread

De Laet                                           Schlupp

James - King

Knockaert

Nugent - Wood

I did think Schlupp. Again it would be a gamble but being a wing-back you'd have slightly more attacking responsibility and less defensive than a full-back, hence why I think it'd do De Laet the world of good.

We'd have two intelligent midfielders in there who are both better at covering than given credit for. I think it'd be hard to break down and hard to defend against. I'd love to see it tried.

I don't like the idea of a back three. I know it can work but there's a reason why almost every team will line up with four players at the back on a Saturday, it's solid and an easy-to-play system. You really need footballing CBs too and Whitbread clearly isn't that. I'm also highly doubtful that Pearson would be willing to play it every game.

If you want to stick Knockaert in behind the striker then I'd go for 4-2-3-1, Nugent wide, Wood central.

"Nugent wide".

This is the problem. There's pretty much no formation that allows us to play James, King, Knockaert, Wood & Nugent all in their best positions other than the one I've put.

I agree there's a risk involved but it's not that bad. There's an extra covering defender every time one of the centre halves wants to close down, for example. There'd also be a higher threat from set pieces.

Of course there'll ne negatives but it's about the only thing I can think of that plays every single one of the most threatening players in their actual position. Wouldn't fancy going for a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 either.

I don't see it as a problem personally, it isn't vital that we have all our attackers in their best positions, we've shown that we don't need that to be effective going forward.

I'm quite happy to have one forward slightly out of position if it means we can play a back four. One player gets sacrificed for the benefit of three/four. In any case I'd hardly say Knockaert's limited on the wing, he's limited by our inability to pass it at times. That's what really matters, is the ball in the air or on the ground.

I'd be willing to go for 3-5-2 if we could guarantee that the ball was going to be kept on the floor.

Wrong.

This only goes so far.

He needs coaching, nurturing and developing. He needs to be taught the CORRECT time to take a player on, or to look for the pass. He needs to learn positional sense. Finally, he needs the ball taking away from him by a seasoned pro when it's clear that he's puffing like a train and not in the right physical shape to take an incredibly important penalty.

These are all coaching/managerial issues.

With the right coaching/management I believe Knocky could be an exceptional player.

I think experience of playing in this division will improve him the most - he came over here last season having never played in the UK before and he adapted to the league pretty well, but obviously struggled at times. Next season he'll have much more of an idea of what works and what doesn't, what he should be doing etc. Obviously he'll need coaching as well, but I'm expecting big things from this lad. Hopefully he'll start the season absolutely champing at the bit and raring to go, as well as the rest of our players.

No reason why he won't be unless some club wants to stump up £6m+ for him.

I really hope he is as he's a cracking player!

Look I'm far from in the know I promise, but it's far from certain he'll be playing for us next season

I don't see it as a problem personally, it isn't vital that we have all our attackers in their best positions, we've shown that we don't need that to be effective going forward.

I'm quite happy to have one forward slightly out of position if it means we can play a back four. One player gets sacrificed for the benefit of three/four. In any case I'd hardly say Knockaert's limited on the wing, he's limited by our inability to pass it at times. That's what really matters, is the ball in the air or on the ground.

I'd be willing to go for 3-5-2 if we could guarantee that the ball was going to be kept on the floor.

Can see your point and if we do have to play one forward out of position, then I'd agree Nugent on the left but it's still something I'd personally rather not do. I think he'd be a bit of a one trick pony there personally.

I totally agree about the passing. I noticed as soon as Wood entered the side we seemed to play far more direct football and I didn't think his all-round game was good enough for the role - one of the main reasons for our demise for me.

3-4-1-2 where we attack with three down the middle, James/King arriving late and potential of De Laet and Schlupp attacking down the wings, yet it can be turned into 5 at the back when defending.

I must admit, we'd need absolutely huge seasons from the wing backs.

Can see your point and if we do have to play one forward out of position, then I'd agree Nugent on the left but it's still something I'd personally rather not do. I think he'd be a bit of a one trick pony there personally.

I totally agree about the passing. I noticed as soon as Wood entered the side we seemed to play far more direct football and I didn't think his all-round game was good enough for the role - one of the main reasons for our demise for me.

3-4-1-2 where we attack with three down the middle, James/King arriving late and potential of De Laet and Schlupp attacking down the wings, yet it can be turned into 5 at the back when defending.

I must admit, we'd need absolutely huge seasons from the wing backs.

I do like the idea of Schlupp and De Laet at wing back, both of them are probably very capable of playing there given some practice. They're likely to be substituted during a match because of tiredness so we'd probably have play Dyer or Marshall there for 20 minutes in most games. I'd also be content to have Moore in a back three, alongside two experience defenders I think he'd more comfortable. Starting to like this three-at-the-back idea.  :P

But I think as most people realise, keeping the ball down is key. Anything to get the passing going I'd favour, even if it means dropping Wood although I don't think that's at all necessary.

I do like the idea of Schlupp and De Laet at wing back, both of them are probably very capable of playing there given some practice. They're likely to be substituted during a match because of tiredness so we'd probably have play Dyer or Marshall there for 20 minutes in most games. I'd also be content to have Moore in a back three, alongside two experience defenders I think he'd more comfortable. Starting to like this three-at-the-back idea.  :P

But I think as most people realise, keeping the ball down is key. Anything to get the passing going I'd favour, even if it means dropping Wood although I don't think that's at all necessary.

I just think three at the back gives you far more flexbility as a side. I don't necessarily think the centre halves have it much harder either.

I'd look at getting a couple of players capable of playing there in as I fully agree about the subs. Look how good that Anya looked at Watford, not saying we'll sign him but he made the role look easy at Watford, that's the way we should aim to use it.

I agree fully about keeping the ball down. Can't understand why teams don't want to. I appreciate it's impossible to keep the ball glued to the floor but it really does do any side the world of good. Encourages better movement, better technical ability, I think it improves your players more.

Being honest though the day Pearson uses 3 at the back as a plan A isn't any time soon unfortunately. It's a shame if he does just rigidly stick to 4-4-2 because whilst it's often reliable, it'll only take you so far and I think we've got players who can play in far more dynamic formations.

People are gonna call me crazy but Zola brought the 3-5-2 formation in because it has worked so well in Italy. In Italy what they do is play a ball playing CM such as De Rossi in the middle of 2 CB's, the 2 CB's spread out slightly wider and the middle CB plays slightly more forward but drops back in when not in possession. Some call it a libero it's basically the opposite of a sweeper. We could play that formation with Matty James as the libero. He played CB as a youngster and converted to midfield by Utd to become a holding midfielder.

Personally if I was the manager of this team (I know I'm not but I do hold coaching qualifications  :thumbup:) I would play 3-5-2 in this fashion.

730807_Leicester_City.jpg

People are gonna call me crazy but Zola brought the 3-5-2 formation in because it has worked so well in Italy. In Italy what they do is play a ball playing CM such as De Rossi in the middle of 2 CB's, the 2 CB's spread out slightly wider and the middle CB plays slightly more forward but drops back in when not in possession. Some call it a libero it's basically the opposite of a sweeper. We could play that formation with Matty James as the libero. He played CB as a youngster and converted to midfield by Utd to become a holding midfielder.

Personally if I was the manager of this team (I know I'm not but I do hold coaching qualifications  :thumbup:) I would play 3-5-2 in this fashion.

730807_Leicester_City.jpg

king vs two CMs, no thanks, we would get overrun in midfield. 

king vs two CMs, no thanks, we would get overrun in midfield. 

Without possession 1 of Marshall/Knockaert drops back in alongside King but then when we regain possession they go back into a more attacking role. It's hard to show how it changes in defence without the use of arrows.

"Nugent wide".

This is the problem. There's pretty much no formation that allows us to play James, King, Knockaert, Wood & Nugent all in their best positions other than the one I've put.

4-3-1-2?

Back four, then King/James/A.N.Other as a 3 man central midfield, Nuge and Wood up top with Knocky in the hole. 

No wonder he thinks he's gods gift and never passes.

With Knockaert it's all about Knockaert not the team

No wonder he'd sooner do another trick rather than pass to someone in space, no wonder he'd rather beat a player 3 times and run into a dead end 99% of the time rather than beat a man once then cross it

I'm sorry, he doesn't need putting on a pedestal - he needs taking off one... And then he's got a chance of being as great as both he & his wilfully blind arselickers think he is.

We know he's a potential match winner, now he needs to work on being part of the team too.

This this and this

People overlook the fact that at Forest away (as the most recent game that stands out) his decision making was awful. Shooting or taking on when he clearly could've squared it to put us clean through on goal. Fortunately that was all masked over as we know how that game finished.

There's a lad at our work who is far too cocky for his own good. Young, very quick, very neat and knows exactly what he's doing. Noone likes him for his cockiness though. In fact we all say he needs to have a massive leak to bring him down a peg or two. Same with Knockaert, you can't really blame him for the penalty, at least he didn't chip the fcuker after contributing NOTHING all season. This will make him a better player I am positive of that

This this and this

People overlook the fact that at Forest away (as the most recent game that stands out) his decision making was awful. Shooting or taking on when he clearly could've squared it to put us clean through on goal. Fortunately that was all masked over as we know how that game finished.

There's a lad at our work who is far too cocky for his own good. Young, very quick, very neat and knows exactly what he's doing. Noone likes him for his cockiness though. In fact we all say he needs to have a massive leak to bring him down a peg or two. Same with Knockaert, you can't really blame him for the penalty, at least he didn't chip the fcuker after contributing NOTHING all season. This will make him a better player I am positive of that

Rubbish IMO.

I just don't see Knocky as being 'cocky'. He's young, enthusiastic and raw.

He's passionate... He was utterly distraught after missing the penalty. For a moment he was completely broken. This was yet another reason why he shouldn't have taken it. Instead, somebody should have taken control of the situation.

IT'S THE JOB OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM to harness Knocky's undoubted ability. To coach the lad, drum into him the right time to beat a player and the right time to lay it off.

IF this lad is nurtured, coached and developed properly, played in the right formation and played in the correct games we could have a player on our hands to be a massive influence on any promotion drive.

It all depends whether Pearson and his henchman have it in them to do so.

I liken Knocky to a young Cristiano Ronaldo (just with less natural ability). When young Cristano went to Fergie and United he too was raw. Within a year or so, you could see discipline in the lad, his decision making became hugely improved, he became fitter and stronger. You could see he started to realise the importance of playing in a team, not just as a star individual.

Pearson needs to do similar with Knocky. He's no billy big bollox. More like a pup who needs training.

I know this forum is all opinions. But I really do find some opinions on here utterly bewildering.

For yourself and CC star to consider the little Frenchman as being 'cocky'? I see him as anything but..

Rubbish IMO.

He's passionate... He was utterly distraught after missing the penalty. For a moment he was completely broken. This was yet another reason why he shouldn't have taken it. Instead, somebody should have taken control of the situation.

IT'S THE JOB OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM to harness Knocky's undoubted ability. To coach the lad, drum into him the right time to beat a player and the right time to lay it off.

IF this lad is nurtured, coached and developed properly, played in the right formation and played in the correct games we could have a player on our hands to be a massive influence on any promotion drive.

I liken Knocky to a young Cristiano Ronaldo (just with less natural ability). When young Cristano went to Fergie and United he too was raw. Within a year or so, you could see discipline in the lad, his decision making became hugely improved, he became fitter and stronger.

Pearson needs to do similar with Knocky. He's no billy big bollox. More like a pup who needs training.

Some people describe that as cocky col! :)

I do agree with all you say, it just sounds that we do have different opinions on what being cocky is.

This this and this

''contributing NOTHING all season''

Get your head sorted. You plastic fan.

732778_Leicester_City.jpg    OR 732780_Leicester_City.jpg

Would like this one more than 'GingerFox' Attempt.

Gives us more strength in the center of midfield and gives Knockaert freedom behind the strikers.

Hopefully we bring in Vitor too. 

Rubbish IMO.

I liken Knocky to a young Cristiano Ronaldo (just with less natural ability). When young Cristano went to Fergie and United he too was raw. Within a year or so, you could see discipline in the lad, his decision making became hugely improved, he became fitter and stronger. You could see he started to realise the importance of playing in a team, not just as a star individual.

I know this forum is all opinions. But I really do find some opinions on here utterly bewildering.

For yourself and CC star to consider the little Frenchman as being 'cocky'? I see him as anything but..

I don't want this to become a slating Knockaert topic cos I rate him a lot and as I say I bear no grudge to him whatsoever, so me saying he's cocky isn't my backlash for the penalty miss.

He does seem like he's only out for himself. Plays to put himself in the shop window of a bigger club perhaps. I genuinely don't believe he is that well liked in the team- my belief only, not hearsay. I've not watched back that penalty thing despite me Sky+ the game. It hurts too much, but from what I think I remember once the ref had given the penalty there was little doubt in his mind as to who was going to take it. Maybe a bit of playing the hero after the Forest goal, setting up Nugent's in the first leg v Watford, winning the penalty and then scoring it in the second leg?! It would have been a fairytale ending to his debut season in English football. I dunno, I'm not saying I dislike the bloke, I'm just saying that this WILL have made a huge impact on him and may well curve his rawness to an extent that even SAF would struggle to.

Archived