Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

What really hacked me off

Meh. They're a small club from a small town (in comparison to Leicester) in an area not too distant from a lot of large London clubs. Let it die.

There's nothing they can do about it, really - though they were outsung today.

Despite Watford being sponsored by the company I work for, I hope they don't go up for this reason. I want clubs in the top flight with big attendances and large fan bases, more fans to enjoy being there.

We finds ways to blame anything, and everything when faced with situations like this. We can blame their use of the loan system, we can say that their ground is not fit to grace the premier league, we can say it was a cruel way to lose the game.

But the truth is, had we not had that awful run we would have been watching hull battle it out with Watford instead. So really we should be blaming ourselves.

Meh. They're a small club from a small town (in comparison to Leicester) in an area not too distant from a lot of large London clubs. Let it die.

There's nothing they can do about it, really - though they were outsung today.

Well said. I don't think anything covers it better than this, simple as that really.

What really hacked me off is that 18 games ago automatic promotion was nailed on and then we went on a Pearson inspired run

We went on a 'Pearson inspired run' to get into that position.

Their fans are hacking me off, they have one season of playing decent football after years of hoofball and negative tactics and talk about it like they invented one-touch passing play.

But wasn't the previous fantastic run also Pearson inspired?

see, even a forest fan with some sense.

Some of our fans really wind me up. I know we are not alone though with these sort of idiots. There are a fair few on your boards questioning billy davies even though his run got you a chance of the play-offs anyway.

But short-termism is the new way to go for a lot of fans,and it is ridiculous. 12 months is not enough time for a manager to build his first 11, let alone his squad, and considering FFP coming up, it will take even longer.

Despite Watford being sponsored by the company I work for, I hope they don't go up for this reason. I want clubs in the top flight with big attendances and large fan bases, more fans to enjoy being there.

What a stupid thing to say.  I take it you didn't want Wigan to win yesterday? being a small club.  

see, even a forest fan with some sense.

Some of our fans really wind me up. I know we are not alone though with these sort of idiots. There are a fair few on your boards questioning billy davies even though his run got you a chance of the play-offs anyway.

But short-termism is the new way to go for a lot of fans,and it is ridiculous. 12 months is not enough time for a manager to build his first 11, let alone his squad, and considering FFP coming up, it will take even longer.

Steady on there, I'm no fan of Davies. After our initial flourish we were very very average and there's all manner of behind the scenes shenanigans that seem very dodgy and will keep yourselves in giggles over the summer.

I'm in the camp that changing managers every year/six months in the vague hope one of them gets lucky is massively flawed. Its my opinion that a manager needs to build a team. Over years, not months and Pearson has improved you over the preceding years and there's no reason to think that won't continue.

As to what happened after January...I haven't the first idea.

Steady on there, I'm no fan of Davies. After our initial flourish we were very very average and there's all manner of behind the scenes shenanigans that seem very dodgy and will keep yourselves in giggles over the summer.

I'm in the camp that changing managers every year/six months in the vague hope one of them gets lucky is massively flawed. Its my opinion that a manager needs to build a team. Over years, not months and Pearson has improved you over the preceding years and there's no reason to think that won't continue.

As to what happened after January...I haven't the first idea.

I put it down to the fact that the likes of wood, knocky, drinky, james, keane, de laet, schlupp have never played so much regular first team football and therefore either...

a - were just burnt out

b - unable to turn a bad run around because they had never experienced it

or probably a combination of both.

What didn't help was nuge and konch also having dips, kasper and morgan still played well, but the young ones were real low on confidence due to a lack of experience.

From the little I've seen Nugent's massive for you. But you've a really young side and one that's only going to get better and the addition of a decent experienced holding mid type to boss things...perhaps another forward (Vardy didn't really work out did he) and you're about there.

I don't see the point of changing things when you're certainly progressing in the right way. Last season you seemed infinitely more flimsy then you have this season.

What's that thing you say....? "keep the faith". 

Archived