Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Zola-shows-respect for Pearson

Thought i would let the dust settle before giving my take on it.Firstly we did deserve to win your players were out of it well before the end came but you could of still won it with the penalty i am not going to criticise him as the referee should of spotted it and seen that he went down a bit to easily.

Fantastic support from you by the way and well done Nigel Person for being gracious in defeat maybe a certain mr Holloway could take a leaf out of his book.

Cannot believe some of the vitriol towards zola on here,he has been gracious in defeat and victory all season.

On to the loan situation the rules are not going to be changed next season we have done nothing wrong maybe if clubs went down our root instead of trying bankrupt there way into the Premier league the game would be in a better state.

Good luck next season.

No, the fact of the matter is we exploited a loophole, which was my point. It's had a massive bearing on several clubs since, and you can't just put you wonderful 'hindsight' goggles on and just point out we finished 12 pts clear of third. For starters, the pressure, especially near the end of the season, would have been totally different had we been in the same position but with 10 pts less. Yet while all of this is hypothetical, we did no better than what Watford are currently doing.

Going into admin is not a loophole, it's a case of when the club cannot afford to keep going as is they go into it - it's a final option for a club in trouble - it's not comparable to what watford have done. 

Deeney and Zola both came across well in their interviews on Sunday, I know it's easier to speak highly of the opposition in victory than it is in defeat but they didn't have to say anything positive about us at all.

On the loan situation, whilst I agree that it's a loophole that has been exploited (which will most likely be closed during this summer) and could be deemed unethical, I have no issue with Watford for doing this. Who could turn down signing a good amount of quality players for absolutely nothing, I know if the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't. 

Going into admin is not a loophole, it's a case of when the club cannot afford to keep going as is they go into it - it's a final option for a club in trouble - it's not comparable to what watford have done.

And why are they in trouble for not running a club properly we almost went into admin before the pozzo family came in those players we have are not mercenries they want to play for us most of them dropped into the Championship form serie A and La liga and one final point the three players who set up the third goal were ours and almunia 

Kind words from Zola and Deeney. Think most city fans appreciate that. Moosebreath is talking shite  - so what if Watford exposed a loophole of the loans. You play witin the rules and that's professionalism to push things right up to the boundary. There are plenty of accusations that can be levelled at us and people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  Luck is where opportunity meets preparation and opportunity meet; Watford deserved the win. As to Deeney being lowlife - well he did a stupid thing and has served his time. The courts have deemed he is suitable for release and so would you prefer him to be on the dole or contributing to society?

I don't get the Watford and Zola hate.  Watford were better than us over two legs and Zola was a gentleman in victory.  The manner of our defeat was cruel and painful, but that's football.  Hopefully our players will take that pain and use it to spur them on next season, just as Man U did last season when they lost the title in the last minute.

In terms of the loan players,  there is nothing against it in the rules, so there should be no complaint.  It's a fact of modern football.

I honestly think that if these loan players had simply switched to Watford on permanent deals straight away instead of loans with a view to permanent deals that there would be no complaining on this board at all, either way the players were going to cost Watford absolutely nothing anyway.

And why are they in trouble for not running a club properly we almost went into admin before the pozzo family came in those players we have are not mercenries they want to play for us most of them dropped into the Championship form serie A and La liga and one final point the three players who set up the third goal were ours and almunia 

What? Try using punctuation, that way your comment might be more than jibberish.

Thought i would let the dust settle before giving my take on it.Firstly we did deserve to win your players were out of it well before the end came but you could of still won it with the penalty i am not going to criticise him as the referee should of spotted it and seen that he went down a bit to easily.

Fantastic support from you by the way and well done Nigel Person for being gracious in defeat maybe a certain mr Holloway could take a leaf out of his book.

Cannot believe some of the vitriol towards zola on here,he has been gracious in defeat and victory all season.

On to the loan situation the rules are not going to be changed next season we have done nothing wrong maybe if clubs went down our root instead of trying bankrupt there way into the Premier league the game would be in a better state.

Good luck next season.

I'll get on the phone to our owners and ask them buy Fiorentina and Real Mallorca then. Sorted.

No, the fact of the matter is we exploited a loophole, which was my point. It's had a massive bearing on several clubs since, and you can't just put you wonderful 'hindsight' goggles on and just point out we finished 12 pts clear of third. For starters, the pressure, especially near the end of the season, would have been totally different had we been in the same position but with 10 pts less. Yet while all of this is hypothetical, we did no better than what Watford are currently doing.

Plenty of clubs had gone into admin before us with no punishment meted out, what pissed everyone off about us was we got promoted. We still had massive debts and were unable to shift players because they were on premiership wages. Ipswich went into and out of admin during the same season but because they managed to do it within a couple of weeks with little or no publicity no one called them cheats but then they didn't get promoted.

In fact their Chairman, Sheepshank was one of the most ardent campaigners for the 10 point deduction, a hypocrite if ever there was one especially as he was happy to see LCFC slated whilst his own club had managed to slip through admin under the radar.

I honestly think that if these loan players had simply switched to Watford on permanent deals straight away instead of loans with a view to permanent deals that there would be no complaining on this board at all, either way the players were going to cost Watford absolutely nothing anyway.

True - I believe we were hoping more would sign in January apart from our Number 41 (guy who crossed the ball for that goal..) but that didn't happen.

I wonder if it will be limited in numbers as clubs do still get overseas players on loan sometimes...just not as many as we did I accept!

To the hornets fans...what the wording to the song you sing which isnt but sounds like"**insert club name** a shithole i wanna go homeeee"??

For some obscure reason i cant stop humming the c.unt!

Archived