Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

WILL Pearson be sacked?

So he finishes in 6th on goal difference .... and yet if he finished 7th you'd be happy to sack him???

We got into the Play-Offs, if he failed to get in the Play-Offs then he would be sacked in my opinion. 

But we had a chance to get into the Premier League, when it was looking highly unlikely that we would even make the play-offs. 

We came so close, so close but we missed a last minute penalty, can you blame Pearson on that missed penalty...no you can't. 

Can you see Crystal Palace sacking Holloway or Brighton sacking Poyet after tonight?

I don't see the point of sacking Pearson, we could be in a much worse predicament, we aren't Blackburn Rovers, we aren't Wolverhampton Wanderers.  

To my mind Watford should have walked the league, their side was far & away the best side in the division... there's no shame in losing to them by a solitary kick of the ball over 190 minutes of football... They've massively underachieved by not getting 100+ points!!!

Whereas we're obviously a work in progress who overachieved midway through the season, there are more departures required and given their astronomical contracts should free up enough cash to bring a few players in who want to play for the club as much as the inexperienced core do and will contribute a hell of alot more than the overpaid non-achievers as well as filling in the obvious gaps in ability in the side to be genuine contenders next time around, just like other sides before us who fell at the final hurdle like Cardiff, Reading and many others before.

I agree, Watford looked easily the best side we played....

I don't know enough about Watford's season .... but I would imagine the only reason they didn't walk the league was a slow start putting the 13 loanees together as a team ..... Once they started to gel they were a very very good side.

We got into the Play-Offs, if he failed to get in the Play-Offs then he would be sacked in my opinion. 

But we had a chance to get into the Premier League, when it was looking highly unlikely that we would even make the play-offs. 

We came so close, so close but we missed a last minute penalty, can you blame Pearson on that missed penalty...no you can't. 

Can you see Crystal Palace sacking Holloway or Brighton sacking Poyet after tonight?

I don't see the point of sacking Pearson, we could be in a much worse predicament, we aren't Blackburn Rovers, we aren't Wolverhampton Wanderers.  

We got into the play offs by the narrowest possible margin and we lost in them by the narrowest possible margin.

You can't credit one and ignore the other.

We were 6th or 7th best over the season and we lost to 2nd or 3rd best.

It's still not good enough.

We got into the play offs by the narrowest possible margin and we lost in them by the narrowest possible margin.

Don't care if it would of been by a big margin, or the narrowest of margins, we got into the Play-Offs and that's that.

We fought Watford tooth and nail, and could of easily beat them. We were the better team in the first leg in my opinion, second leg Watford were better, but we almost managed to get through to Wembley. 

It is good enough, top six in the Championship is good enough. We didn't finish mid table, we didn't finish in the bottom half, or get relegated.

We ended Nottingham Forest's play-offs hopes, the likes of Birmingham and Leeds finished mid table, Middlesbrough were doing really well then went on a massive slump, Blackburn continued their mess, while Wolves suffered back to back relegations.

All these teams have Premiership experience, and when looking at how those teams have done this season, I'm actually proud of Leicester's achievements. 

We were outclassd over 2 games.

We weren't even close as even if the penalty had gone in we'd still have one more game to play.

People on here are doing exactly what they did following the Cardiff debacle, assuming that had we have won the playoff semi that we would have won the final.

Been a pearson negative for a while and think the club took a step backwards briniging him back in but have to say he has my backing now let's get a few decent signings this summer,poss a new gk can't see kas staying.. Where would we strenghthen in other areas? Deffo a CF! Let's kick on next season and I can see us in that top 6 next season! COYB LTWD!!

We were 6th best side, there is no 7th about it. Take a look at the table.

We were beaten by the 3rd best team, who later became the best team, but over the season they were the 3rd best.

It depends what the measure is, to say whether that's good enough or not.

Only the owners know what their actual expectations were and we can't second guess that, only offer our opinions.

They could judge it as a job half done with further rebuilding needed & Pearson be allowed to see out the contract they awarded him... or they could judge it as falling short & we could start all over again.

We'll find out probably over the next fortnight whether they'll be looking for their 5th manager in the 3 years since they formed a company to takeover the club... or whether we'll have a manager for the first time in a very long time who's allowed to carry on building a team that many see as worthy of building on if he's allowed to divert money from getting rid of unsustainable players into strengthening this side

I agree with Kingfox

If we hasn't have made play-offs, I think the Thais might have bailed. I think this even if they had a two year plan with him. Basically, play-offs in the first season being considered a minimum requirement.

Making play-offs and, lets face it, very nearly making Wembley, I believe has bought Pearson another crack at it.

We fought Watford tooth and nail, and could of easily beat them. We were the better team in the first leg in my opinion, second leg Watford were better, but we almost managed to get through to Wembley. 

Could have easily beaten them?

With a dodgy penalty that we missed.

The fact is that had we have won the game everyone else in the country would have thought the result a travesty.

We were second best in both games.

Don't care if it would of been by a big margin, or the narrowest of margins, we got into the Play-Offs and that's that.

It is good enough, top six in the Championship is good enough. We didn't finish mid table, we didn't finish in the bottom half, or get relegated.

We ended Nottingham Forest's play-offs hopes, the likes of Birmingham and Leeds finished mid table, Middlesbrough were doing really well then went on a massive slump, Blackburn continued their mess, while Wolves suffered back to back relegations.

All these teams have Premiership experience, and when looking at how those teams have done this season, I'm actually proud of Leicester's achievements. 

I concur with this.

We did a good job on Watford in the first leg, fell short in the second half of the second leg and despite that still could have won it anyway. I thought Watford were bloody good so to do that well against them was ok imo.

Birmingham, Wolves & Blackburn all with Premiership players & parachute payments all found how hard the division is, whilst we finished above them all & improved on what went before despite getting rid of 30+ players & reducing the wage bill with more work still to do in this area.

Could have easily beaten them?

With a dodgy penalty that we missed.

The fact is that had we have won the game everyone else in the country would have thought the result a travesty.

We were second best in both games.

Though I don't disagree with you (I think Watford are a better footballing side than us), don't forget we DID beat them at home and very very nearly beat them away from home.

That's what counts surely?

We were literally a kick away from Wembley mate. That's the fact if the matter.

Everything else would have been peripheral.

As for 'it would have been a travesty'.. So fookin what? How many games have been won by teams who werent 'the best side on the day'.

The fact is we very nearly undid Zola and his pretty football. And if it wasn't for a missed penalty, taken by a player who blatantly should not have taken it, we would have done.

The rest, as they say, is history.

But had we have won the game it doesn't mean that we would have won at Wembley but as has happened with the Cardiff playoff it now appears that many are starting to assume that a victory in the final was a given.

We didn't even get to Wembley

At the end of the day the owners will make this decision:

Was just making the play offs good enough.

Was being outplayed in them, but trying really hard good enough.

I don't think they will say yes to either.

I agree with Kingfox

If we hasn't have made play-offs, I think the Thais might have bailed. I think this even if they had a two year plan with him. Basically, play-offs in the first season being considered a minimum requirement.

Making play-offs and, lets face it, very nearly making Wembley, I believe has bought Pearson another crack at it.

Nevertheless Col......the big IF looms large doesn't it?

IF only we knew the real reasons why it all went "tits-up" after the end of Feb & automatic promotion disappeared !

That surely will be the main factor in whether he's given another chance or not ?

We were outclassd over 2 games.

We weren't even close as even if the penalty had gone in we'd still have one more game to play.

People on here are doing exactly what they did following the Cardiff debacle, assuming that had we have won the playoff semi that we would have won the final.

How the hell were we outclassed in the first leg.

We had better possession, and around the same shots as Watford did. They might have had the better and more easy scoring chances, but the team played their hearts out on Thursday night, we dominated Watford for the majority of the game, if Watford played well then they would of passed the ball better than us, and dominated possession but they didn't. James and King were better than Abdi and Chalobah on Thursday night, we got Dyer in the game as much as possible and he ran Watford ragged, Morgan and Keane looked stable, much more stable than yesterday. 

We did well against Watford yesterday for many periods of that game, but it wasn't until the last 10 minutes, that I actually thought, we are going to lose this, they were keeping the ball better and making us run around like headless chickens, then we got a surprising break which resulted in a penalty for us, but we missed, like I said, it's sad but that's football.

I've seen the team perform much worse over the course of the season.

You have low expectations.

I'm proud of them battling in the last few games.

But I'm not proud of being just about 6th best team in the division despite spending the most / 2nd whatever it is. It's under achievement and that's nothing to be proud of.

Nevertheless Col......the big IF looms large doesn't it?

IF only we knew the real reasons why it all went "tits-up" after the end of Feb & automatic promotion disappeared !

That surely will be the main factor in whether he's given another chance or not ?

It could well be mate, it could well be.

Personally, I think he's bought himself some time.

Just a feeling buddy.

But had we have won the game it doesn't mean that we would have won at Wembley but as has happened with the Cardiff playoff it now appears that many are starting to assume that a victory in the final was a given.

We didn't even get to Wembley

If we got to Wembley and still lost, I don't see how it could cost Pearson his job.

The way I look at it is, if we failed to make the Play-Offs, and finished 7th or 8th, Pearson would be gone.

However we managed to get into the Play-Offs and actually play for something, and if we failed to make the Premier League, then getting into the Play-Offs is still a decent achievement, if your club finished top six in any of the four top English divisions, then you should be pretty happy with your team. 

The way we played for the first half of the season, being 2nd but ended up finishing outside the play-offs with nothing to play for, would of been sickening  and instead of calling for Pearson to stay, right now I would be calling for his head. Even though we were poor over the course of the second half of the season, at the end of the day we got into the Play-Offs with something to play for, but we just missed out on going to Wembley by a whisker, and if we lost at Wembley, I would take the defeat on the chin, be proud of the teams efforts and achievements, defend Pearson and cross my fingers that we could move on from it.

You have low expectations.

I'm proud of them battling in the last few games.

But I'm not proud of being just about 6th best team in the division despite spending the most / 2nd whatever it is. It's under achievement and that's nothing to be proud of.

Answer this.

Would you rather be a fan of Leicester City right now, or a fan of Wolverhampton Wanderers? 

Think about what those clubs have achieved this season, one team top six in the Play-Offs, the other team relegated from the Premier League, going through two more managers this season, then ending up getting relegated again to League 1. 

Answer this.

Would you rather be a fan of Leicester City right now, or a fan of Wolverhampton Wanderers? 

Think about what those clubs have achieved this season, one team top six in the Play-Offs, the other team relegated from the Premier League, going through two more managers this season, then ending up getting relegated again to League 1. 

It's a ridiculous and meaningless question.

I'd rather be a leicester fan than a fan of anyone else whatever the situation and whatever the season's outcome.

Why compare us to wolves??? 

Because I want a change in manager you point to one club that has changed it's manager as proof that it always leads to disaster!!!! 

1 kick away from going to Wembley, and being in the play off final. No I wouldn't sack him, and will be EXTREMELY dissapointed if he was.

And one header away from missing out on the play offs.

If the header didn't go in but the penalty did ... etc etc .....

All meaningless ..... it shouldn't have been by such tight margins ..... 68 points is not progress and shouldn't be defended.

Answer this.

Fair point - I know exactly which team I'd rather support.

And one header away from missing out on the play offs.

If the header didn't go in but the penalty did ... etc etc .....

All meaningless ..... it shouldn't have been by such tight margins ..... 68 points is not progress and shouldn't be defended.

To be fair you've never swerved from your dislike of all things Pearson.

I hope, if the Thais do make a change, you'll give the new manager your full support.

Archived