Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

WILL Pearson be sacked?

Seriously?

Lowest points total ever? Did we get more points in our relegation season, than we did this season then?

Seriously?

You didn't realise I was talking about number of points to qualify for the play-offs rather than the number of points we have gained in any season?

Seriously?

If you want promotion you keep your best players .....

What happened to all this talk of stability is key??? 

The idea that we shouldn't get a new manager as he will need new players is ridiculous, as has been shown on this thread and others we need to replace most of the squad and then add a few extras.

The idea that we shouldn't get a new manager as he will need new players is ridiculous, as has been shown on this thread and others we need to replace most of the squad and then add a few extras.

Hey i agree .... I'm all for change - the manager and most of the players he's signed are average.

But the best two players in the side KS and WM you keep and build around.

The core to the squad next season is:

Kasper,

Wes

Schlupp

King

James

Nugent

Wood

Knocky

The rest would be the ones to change with a new manager. Not massive whole sale changes to the core side ..... just remove the average players in the squad and replace with ones that will make those core players look like the weak ones in the squad.

Its a well known fact Swansea are interested in Schmeichel.

Why, because the papers say so? People are linking them because Laudrup and Schmeichel are both Danish. It's lazy journalism. Jeez, you'd think they've put a bid in...

£4 million and they can have him.

Seriously?

You didn't realise I was talking about number of points to qualify for the play-offs rather than the number of points we have gained in any season?

Seriously?

We got in the play-offs though.

So what's the problem, couldn't give a shit how many points we got, we finished top six.

Not 7th, not 8th, 6th.

Seriously?

Seriously?

9 points from Automatic how close has any manager gotten to that in the last 10 years? Doesn't matter about this lowest points total bullshit.

We were outclassd over 2 games.

We weren't even close as even if the penalty had gone in we'd still have one more game to play.

People on here are doing exactly what they did following the Cardiff debacle, assuming that had we have won the playoff semi that we would have won the final.

Disagree. We were going to Wembley until the 60th minute of the second half of the second game.

Big concerns on the drop in form and confidence of the likes of Marshall, Drinkwater and Wood. I know players go through bad patches that can last a long while and some never recover at a particular club but these are his players that he bought and they've gone backwards.

For the most part, I like Pearson's recruitment policy and the fact he has learnt to become more of an attack minded manager, but the fact he has a reputation for falling out with players and an alarming loss of form to some of them has me worried. He doesn't strike me as being very innovitive, his tactics are often suspect and there are few players you can say have definitely improved under Pearson other than perhaps Matty James.

I'd like him to invest more faith and time in to our academy prospects, instead of looking at other teams youngsters at the first opportunity.

I have lots of concerns over Nigel, but I appreciate the good things he's done and that it's sometimes better the devil you know. There are a lot of less talented managers than Pearson operating in the Championship but I believe it'll take a top drawer manager to get a club like Leicester promoted, you have to handle the expectations and the fact that as a club we will always do things the hard way means the manager needs to have that extra bit of quality.

I'm convinced as a club we still live in the past, referring to past glories under O'Neill and looking for omens or similarities that we can draw confidence on that the good times are returning. We either need a massive culture change and mentality, or we move heaven and earth to get O'Neill back and find out one way or another whether he's the only man to make us successful again.

It's a hard one, if they stick with him and the poor form and inconsistencies continue, and they sack him after say 10 games, it's another season wasted.

If we sack him and bring someone else in, they will need a season to assemble there team.

I don't know what the answer is and don't envy the owners predicament.

I do think Pearson has taken us as far as his abilities will allow, and towards the end of the season was totally fed up with his arrogants, and his lack of ability to identify why they had a "crisis in confidence" for so long, let alone not being able to do anything to rectify the confidence or poor results.

I respect alot on here's opinions on why they want to keep him, and there loyalty towards him, but a lot of pro Pearson fans probably just don't want another change, I guess.

But for me I would probably go for a change, I just think we will be here in 12 months time in the same predicament if we stick with him.

word on the street is that wood has been playing on painkillers since about feb, and will need the summer to recover, hence the dip in form. could argue that he should have been dropped at that point, and someone else brought in, but he still offered something, nige did what he could in the loan market by bringing in kane (whatever your view of him).

9 points from Automatic how close has any manager gotten to that in the last 10 years? Doesn't matter about this lowest points total bullshit.

Someone else's measure of points is bullshit. Your's is the only one that matters. Thanks for clearing that up.

Stop living in the past it doesn't matter what the previous second rate managers did or didn't achieve, I was glad to see the back of them all.

He has now failed twice in the play-offs and failed to make them on the other occassion.

Someone else's measure of points is bullshit. Your's is the only one that matters. Thanks for clearing that up.

Stop living in the past it doesn't matter what the previous second rate managers did or didn't achieve, I was glad to see the back of them all.

He has now failed twice in the play-offs and failed to make them on the other occassion.

What makes you think we have the divine right to be promoted?

I see the club going forward not backwards with the current management and players we have.

It will if somne of you have to take down your Pearson posters.

I hope he stays now just for the reactions of some of the absolute window lickers on this forum, summer will be hilarious.

What a strange attitude, I want what I believe is best for my club, the reaction of the fans is immaterial, if he goes some will be upset, if he stays some will be upset.

The difference for me is that those who don't believe in him seem to be able to give a number of lucid reasons based on facts.

Those who want to keep him seem to be scared of change based on mistakes made in the past.

We all seem to agree that at times his tactics and substitutions have been bewildering and that many, if not all, of the players have gone backwards during the season.

What makes you think we have the divine right to be promoted?

There is no god so no divine right.

We are one of the bigger clubs in this country with a history of moving between the top 2 divisions regularly, we will now be spending our 10th season out of the premier. We have owners who have done their best to give us a chance of playing in the PL.

Why are you happy for your club to be a second level side?

We are one of the bigger clubs in this country with a history of moving between the top 2 divisions regularly, we will now be spending our 10th season out of the premier. We have owners who have done their best to give us a chance of playing in the PL.

I agree, and the sooner this tin pot manager goes, the quicker we will be back in the top flight.

I wonder why that is maybe because of the 13 previous managers we have sacked season in season out.

&

I'm not but bringing in someone won't guarantee us promotion next season like you seem to think, just look at the last 10 years.

I hope he stays now just for the reactions of some of the absolute window lickers on this forum, summer will be hilarious.

Why because some people think he's had his chance and been found wanting, this clearly makes them window lickers.

So unless you think Pearson is the answer, your a window licker 😄

I don't tend to slag people off and be insulting when I don't have the same opinion, I leave that to people who obviously crave attention.

I wonder why that is maybe because of the 13 previous managers we have sacked season in season out.

&

I'm not but bringing in someone won't guarantee us promotion next season like you seem to think, just look at the last 10 years.

They were sacked because quite clearly they weren't up to the job.

A new manager won't guarantee us promotion, nor will keeping the present one.

The last 10 years have nothing do with where we go from here.

Man U proved that by keeping a manger you can be succesful.

Chelsea have proved that by sacking regularly you can also be succesful.

They were sacked because quite clearly they weren't up to the job.

A new manager won't guarantee us promotion, nor will keeping the present one.

The last 10 years have nothing do with where we go from here.

Man U proved that by keeping a manger you can be succesful.

Chelsea have proved that by sacking regularly you can also be succesful.

Exactly by keeping and manager and giving him time you can be successful.

Chelsea spend 150/200million every season that's why they are successful we are not Chelsea, nor we do have 50 million to spend on one player, before they had Roman they we're not successful.

Ferguson not spent much then?

By getting a decent manager and giving hime time you may be successful, I don't believe Pearson is decent, he's tactically inept and his substiutions have been a joke in many games this season, I'd say 90% but indierich seems to have trademarked that figure.

;)

Ferguson not spent much then?

By getting a decent manager and giving hime time you may be successful, I don't believe Pearson is decent, he's tactically inept and his substiutions have been a joke in many games this season, I'd say 90% but indierich seems to have trademarked that figure.

;)

What you on about now? and No he hardly spent anything in his first few seasons.

What ever mate that's your opinion your boring me to death now. Bye.

Archived