Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

WILL Pearson be sacked?

There's an awful lot of posts on the forum currently about whether Nige SHOULD stay or go..

As far as I see it, more people on the forum want him to stay, though I'm not sure whether that's an accurate reflection of City fans per se?

However, we ain't in charge.

The question therefore is WILL Pearson stay. I know we don't know the answer but we can still speculate of course.

Personally, I always thought that the Thais would give him two full seasons. They knew they'd hired a bummer in Sven. I stick by this. Getting us so close is surely going to make the Board give him one more crack at it?

What do you think... ? Will Pearson be our manager next Season or not? This is not about whether he should stay. It's about giving your view on whether he will or won't and why..

Opinions please....

I think the Thais will stick with him unless there's an outstanding candidate available, and looking at the market, there doesn't seem to be one at all. I'm currently expecting him to be here come the first game of the season and I'd be happy enough with that.

You know my opinion on whether he SHOULD stay = No.

But i think the owners will stick with him to be honest. I think the emotional last couple of games have saved him.

But he'll get sacked 15 games into next season and we'll have wasted yet another season on him.

Where as I am not a lover or hater I do feel that the job is only half done. Most trend agree on the main areas that need improving and I can not see the sense in change for the sake of it.

Hopefully with a few players going out and a few new faces we will be doing fine.

It will soon be Xmas

A little difficult to say.

I remember the Cardiff play off game when it came out NP had a list of targets for the championship and a list for the prem.

I imagine he would've done something similar this year and he has said before he likes to get his business done early so it'll be interesting to see if they are going to make any money available if at all there is any doubt from the owners whether he'll still be our manager or not.

At this stage it's very difficult to gauge though but I really really hope we keep him , but I won't ruin the thread as its 'WILL' he stay, not 'stay or go?'.

I think getting rid of him would be a huge step back because we would have to start over again, the team we have now will play for him, i think they proved that to me at forest and through the play offs. However the owners might see keeping him as not taking any action on a failed season, after all like Pearson said, we have failed this season.

I'm beginning to be at the point where I'll support the team, whoever manages them. Whether it's Frank Burrows, Pearson or Mourinho.

I really don't care who the manager is now (considering the managerial merry-go-round we had in the last decade), as long as the team is performing well.

I want nothing more than to us to do well under NP, really have backed him and stuck by him. Not saying i want him to now go but he is increasingly starting to get on my nerves with some of the decision making.

In the last tne games especially, the subs and formation changes in matches have been baffling. I'd like him to explain what he sees in Harry Kane for a start anyway. Not just that, he takes off the wrong players, Wood did ok i thought yesterday and will always at least be a goal threat, and Nugent out wide was wasted for a large part.

We need a sort out of players thats for sure, I'd probably keep him, but not that fussed like i once was

I do not think NFP has the skills, the imagination or the personality to make us successful.

Even disregarding the money we have pissed away on the likes of Danns, Beckford, Wellens and the rest, NFP has had a decent operating budget this season and has comprehensively failed to even get close to promotion.

I know some will say that he has been pretty successful in his three full seasons with us, but I really don't see that, he did pretty well first time around and got into the playoffs again this season but with the resources at his disposal only the first playoff season was any kind of achievement and even that went pretty wrong in the end.

I don't really see where he has improved any of our players either and his adherence to the long ball game suggests to me that he does not have what it takes to get us up next season, most likely in a tougher campaign than this one.

I do not think NFP has the skills, the imagination or the personality to make us successful.

Even disregarding the money we have pissed away on the likes of Danns, Beckford, Wellens and the rest, NFP has had a decent operating budget this season and has comprehensively failed to even get close to promotion.

I know some will say that he has been pretty successful in his three full seasons with us, but I really don't see that, he did pretty well first time around and got into the playoffs again this season but with the resources at his disposal only the first playoff season was any kind of achievement and even that went pretty wrong in the end.

I don't really see where he has improved any of our players either and his adherence to the long ball game suggests to me that he does not have what it takes to get us up next season, most likely in a tougher campaign than this one.

I wouldn't say being one kick away from Championship Play-Off final is failing to 'even get close to promotion'. 

I think you're asking if Pearson, given the opportunity, will actually resign as manager? I doubt it, unless he knows in his heart that its his failings tactically, managerially, or just plain the players thought he was a bit of a plonker, contributed to everything.

He's got to look at why we had such a good run earlier this year, and why it fell apart, and see if he can take the blame for any of it.

Hopefully, he will make the necessary changes in the Summer, as we know he's capable of, and walk out with a squad challenging not only for play offs, but serious contenders for automatics.

Personally, I hope he stays.

Should think they won't fire him, but depends if they buy into the sustainable & 'building' philosophy and would like to emulate Cardiff & Reading et al who retained managers who failed in playoffs to go on the following season to not only go up, but go up as Champions.

And if Pearson does stay I'd always wonder why the owners never alleviated some of the pressure during the awful run this season by backing Pearson as a longer term project (even if they didn't mean it as they were secretly courting Adkins), more evidence naivety I suppose.

Want him to stay personally, and I think he will stay. I just feel if we start slow, then the owners may consider then. We need to get over what happened yesterday, and rebuild.

No he won't, I would give him another full season in charge he knows the players and with a few more editions I reckon automatically next season, get rid of the old guard once and for all and the big ego's and I think will do it

I wouldn't say being one kick away from Championship Play-Off final is failing to 'even get close to promotion'.

Matter of opinion.

We were comprehensively outplayed over two games by a pretty fragile Watford side. Had we scored the penalty and progressed it would have been an injustice and due to an enormousness slice of luck.

In any case with the team and the resources at NFP's disposal this season we should have been top 2, no question in my mind.

Matter of opinion.

We were comprehensively outplayed over two games by a pretty fragile Watford side. Had we scored the penalty and progressed it would have been an injustice and due to an enormousness slice of luck.

In any case with the team and the resources at NFP's disposal this season we should have been top 2, no question in my mind.

This is the point for me ......

Yes, I'm disappointed with losing and think we played our hearts out, and beat Florist - yay!! 

BUT. With the resources at his disposal it's academic, we're not good enough .... only top two is good enough.

We're a mile away from the quality of the team in 3rd, that's just not good enough.

For these reasons he should go..well said

Plus these other reasons aswell

A defensive coach/assistant manager at best, which in turn makes shakespear an average coach and Walshy a decent scout..let's face it this management team lack CHARISMA and motivational skills

Only the owners know the answer .

The collateral damage inflicted on N.P during that 16 match disasterous run, that undoubtedly cost us automatic promotion, could well be his downfall . We shall see !

Pearson saved Southampton from relegation, got us promoted from League 1, and has got us in the Championship Play-Offs twice.

We have tried and tested Sousa, who impressed at Swansea, he didn't last five minutes.

We tried and tested Sven, he was England manager for goodness sake, and he failed with his team of overpaid rejects.

If we failed to make the play-offs and finished 7th or 8th, then I would understand if Pearson got sacked, and it wouldn't of surprised me. However he did manage to get us into the Play-Offs for a second time, and yesterday was unlucky it wasn't really his fault was it, we could of won that game in the last minute but we didn't, it's sad but that's football. The only way we can move on from this, is with Nigel Pearson in charge.

He knows what he is doing, and he knows what he has to do to keep the team afloat, let him sell the overpaid deadwood, and let him continue to rebuild this talented squad. 

This. :appl: 

Pearson saved Southampton from relegation, got us promoted from League 1, and has got us in the Championship Play-Offs twice.

We have tried and tested Sousa, who impressed at Swansea, he didn't last five minutes.

We tried and tested Sven, he was England manager for goodness sake, and he failed with his team of overpaid rejects.

If we failed to make the play-offs and finished 7th or 8th, then I would understand if Pearson got sacked, and it wouldn't of surprised me. However he did manage to get us into the Play-Offs for a second time, and yesterday was unlucky it wasn't really his fault was it, we could of won that game in the last minute but we didn't, it's sad but that's football. The only way we can move on from this, is with Nigel Pearson in charge.

He knows what he is doing, and he knows what he has to do to keep the team afloat, let him sell the overpaid deadwood, and let him continue to rebuild this talented squad. 

So he finishes in 6th on goal difference .... and yet if he finished 7th you'd be happy to sack him???

Matter of opinion.

To my mind Watford should have walked the league, their side was far & away the best side in the division... there's no shame in losing to them by a solitary kick of the ball over 190 minutes of football... They've massively underachieved by not getting 100+ points!!!

Whereas we're obviously a work in progress who overachieved midway through the season, there are more departures required and given their astronomical contracts should free up enough cash to bring a few players in who want to play for the club as much as the inexperienced core do and will contribute a hell of alot more than the overpaid non-achievers as well as filling in the obvious gaps in ability in the side to be genuine contenders next time around, just like other sides before us who fell at the final hurdle like Cardiff, Reading and many others before.

Archived