Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

WILL Pearson be sacked?

It's a hard one, if they stick with him and the poor form and inconsistencies continue, and they sack him after say 10 games, it's another season wasted.

If we sack him and bring someone else in, they will need a season to assemble there team.

I don't know what the answer is and don't envy the owners predicament.

I do think Pearson has taken us as far as his abilities will allow, and towards the end of the season was totally fed up with his arrogants, and his lack of ability to identify why they had a "crisis in confidence" for so long, let alone not being able to do anything to rectify the confidence or poor results.

I respect alot on here's opinions on why they want to keep him, and there loyalty towards him, but a lot of pro Pearson fans probably just don't want another change, I guess.

But for me I would probably go for a change, I just think we will be here in 12 months time in the same predicament if we stick with him.

Good post Monsey

Well following my last post more names have been mooted so there doesn't appear to be any clear intel.

There appears to be some expectation within his camp that he won't be here next year, fairly understandably.

Basically, not sure anybody has decent info at the moment.

Well following my last post more names have been mooted so there doesn't appear to be any clear intel.

There appears to be some expectation within his camp that he won't be here next year, fairly understandably.

Basically, not sure anybody has decent info at the moment.

lol could you cover enough bases with that post.. 

lol could you cover enough bases with that post.. 

If you read the third sentence you will see my point was that there doesn't seem to be any information at the moment.

Hardly claiming to be in the know when there's nothing to know!

Don't know if this as been mentioned but Indykalia on twitter as claimed that Pearson time as manager is coming to an end!

Has there actually been anything from Twitter, that has come out as true?

As I'm thinking these latest Twitter rumours are a load of crap.

I haven't claimed to be in the know as such. I know somebody with extremely good contacts in the game who mentioned something but it was vague and not a bold statement from them. Not sure that their information is on point since the Thais have been in place hence me not making a grand announcement.

If you read the third sentence you will see my point was that there doesn't seem to be any information at the moment.

Hardly claiming to be in the know when there's nothing to know!

😀 Mowbray, I want Pearson out, but this makes me laugh, Middlesbrough had a similar slump to us, both average championship managers, why would the owners look at him, I would keep Pearson if it was a choice of the two, only because it would cost the club money to get rid of Nigel.

These rumours do make me smile, I am sure anybody who has ever managed will be linked with us by the end of summer.😴

Don't know if this as been mentioned but Indykalia on twitter as claimed that Pearson time as manager is coming to an end!

IndyKaila is full of shit. I'm sure he has had Pearson in meetings to be sacked three or four times since our bad run started.

Might be a fair point those quotes Moonie.

It is true I know someone with incredible contacts but it's also true that they don't appear to have any firm insider knowledge on this subject. One or two names have been mentioned to me but they don't sound like solid info in the way they've been put.

I agree with Kingfox

If we hasn't have made play-offs, I think the Thais might have bailed. I think this even if they had a two year plan with him. Basically, play-offs in the first season being considered a minimum requirement.

Making play-offs and, lets face it, very nearly making Wembley, I believe has bought Pearson another crack at it.

Agreed, I think it all hinged on the last day of the league campaign re his being here next season now. Not only the game at Forest, where I believe that Pearson was merely two minutes away from the sack had Knockaert not put the ball in the Forest net in stoppage time but also if Bolton had managed to get more than the solitary point they ended up with versus Blackpool. Both factors meant the Gods were smiling on Pearson that day I reckon to probably ensure he is still here in August - I'd be surprised now if anybody was brought in to replace him before the start of next season.

Also I can't see us suffering like we did this season with things like our disastrous post February-April run if he sticks with the same nucleus of players but in the process offloads the deadwood (perhaps the "stars of 2009" such as Gallagher and Wellens - and others like Vardy, Konchesky (?), and other dubious and generally untried acquisitions such as Futacs). Not quite sure what's going to happen with the likes of Beckford and Danns now - are they still contracted to come back to us?? He'll also need to strengthen the squad of course and as long as NP doesn't keep making bizarre and inappropriate team formations in certain games and making certain odd substitutes next season (that were clearly detrimental to the team during that barren run, which ended up costing us automatic in the end and resulting in another term in the Championship), then we should be ok for top two next year hopefully.  

Archived