Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

WILL Pearson be sacked?

its not if we want pearson sacked if if top thinks he has done the job and when he came here he had 3 goals this season 

1.get the high wage earners out 

2. bring in youthful players on less budget and have future value

3. get promotion or minimum play offs 

you cant help but see if you was top then he has filled all of those points ?

he has come out and said he knows what he needs next season if given the chance 

so under pearson we have won a division and got to 2 playoff semi finals  one of which we lost on a penalty shoot out and we know why 

the other we lost cuz we missed a pen and lost our way in 30 secs :(  

you cant blame pearson for this 

Depends if the Thais know something about football or have in employment someone who does. If they do or have they will know the potential that is in the side and be able to look at the balance sheet compared to 18 months ago and stick. If they don't they will just see Pearson as another failure and twist.

Depends if the Thais know something about football or have in employment someone who does. If they do or have they will know the potential that is in the side and be able to look at the balance sheet compared to 18 months ago and stick. If they don't they will just see Pearson as another failure and twist.

I think they can look at the balance sheet without knowing anything about football! The football knowledge is important for another reason. Firstly to come to the conclusion that the presiding manager knows the squad and what it needs better than anyone else; secondly to decide whether he's actually capable of coming up with the solutions. I think most of us, myself included, would agree with the former, but the latter is much harder to call.

As soon as possible (and this probably depends on the balance sheet, other managers who might be interested in the job etc.) they should either fire him or come out and say he's staying. It's easy, after the past few weeks, for the heart to say 'keep him'. The head, on the other hand, may well have a tougher decision to make.

You've got to keep him surely.

According to our profit/loss Sven had something like £30M to spend on transfers and wage and made a right cock up. Nige has come in and improved our squad whilst having to make cuts. The Thais know this. I'd really be surprised if he gets sacked now.

No poll Col?

Yes, I think he will stay. And I think he's JUST about deserved it for the last 5 or 6 games. If he hadn't arrested the abject showings we put in in March, he'd have deserves to go, but he has got us playing again, and for 75 minutes yesterday we were right in it. I was proud of our showing, we just got tired towards the end. IMO, Pearson's tactics were pretty spot on, certainly until subs time, and like for the last month or so, we looked well organised and resilient. Hope he stays, and believe he will.

its not if we want pearson sacked if if top thinks he has done the job and when he came here he had 3 goals this season 

1.get the high wage earners out 

2. bring in youthful players on less budget and have future value

3. get promotion or minimum play offs 

you cant help but see if you was top then he has filled all of those points ?

he has come out and said he knows what he needs next season if given the chance 

so under pearson we have won a division and got to 2 playoff semi finals  one of which we lost on a penalty shoot out and we know why 

the other we lost cuz we missed a pen and lost our way in 30 secs :(

you cant blame pearson for this 

He had one stated aim this season.

Promotion.

Oh, and can nobody remember what happened last time we got rid of NP?

Souza > Sven

Hmm, maybe the grass isn't always greener then!

listening to the football forum and a guy called andy phoned at 18.38pm was spot on. i say to all fans on here go and listen to it on playback and i would hope most of you would agree

Oh, and can nobody remember what happened last time we got rid of NP?

Souza > Sven

Hmm, maybe the grass isn't always greener then!

Well we're unlikely to appoint either of them again, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You know we have appointed some very good managers in the past: Little, O'Neill, hey, even Adams and Pearson if you like.

Whether or not we keep Pearson should depend on a careful analysis of several factors: Dressing room support, the financial situation, available alternatives, whether progress has or hasn't been sufficient, NP's transfer success rate etc. I don't believe it should be as straightforward as 'he had one objective and he failed' which, while largely true, doesn't represent the whole story. But neither should it depend on the old 'last time NP left it all went wrong, so if he goes this time it'll all go wrong too'.

If things were that simple then we should just appoint Brian Little with a backroom dream team of Frank O'Farrell and Micky Adams and we'd be guaranteed to go up.

Well we're unlikely to appoint either of them again, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You know we have appointed some very good managers in the past: Little, O'Neill, hey, even Adams and Pearson if you like.

Whether or not we keep Pearson should depend on a careful analysis of several factors: Dressing room support, the financial situation, available alternatives, whether progress has or hasn't been sufficient, NP's transfer success rate etc. I don't believe it should be as straightforward as 'he had one objective and he failed' which, while largely true, doesn't represent the whole story. But neither should it depend on the old 'last time NP left it all went wrong, so if he goes this time it'll all go wrong too'.

If things were that simple then we should just appoint Brian Little with a backroom dream team of Frank O'Farrell and Micky Adams and we'd be guaranteed to go up.

What he was getting at qa that Sousa and Sven. Didn't do a better job.

I have heard that there might be something in the Lennon link although it isn't 100% 

I love it when these in the know types make such bold statements.

listening to the football forum and a guy called andy phoned at 18.38pm was spot on. i say to all fans on here go and listen to it on playback and i would hope most of you would agree

Made some very good points, including that a top manager would have had the penalty situation sorted out before the game started.

yes and also made a very good point about the loans that i totally agreed with

Hmmmm. I wholeheartedly disagree with his take on the set pieces considering both our goals in the play offs came from set pieces and we looked dangerous from them. 

Made some very good points, including that a top manager would have had the penalty situation sorted out before the game started.

Who says they didn't and that Knocky was the elected penalty taker?

FFS! Do you really think having a designated penalty taker would of made a difference?

Knockaert wanted it and wasnt going to give up the chance of winning it for leicester, despite king's (If I remember rightly) attempt to get the ball.

Doesn't matter whose designated, was always going to be knockaert himself taking it.

I love it when these in the know types make such bold statements.

I haven't claimed to be in the know as such. I know somebody with extremely good contacts in the game who mentioned something but it was vague and not a bold statement from them. Not sure that their information is on point since the Thais have been in place hence me not making a grand announcement.

Big concerns on the drop in form and confidence of the likes of Marshall, Drinkwater and Wood. I know players go through bad patches that can last a long while and some never recover at a particular club but these are his players that he bought and they've gone backwards.

For the most part, I like Pearson's recruitment policy and the fact he has learnt to become more of an attack minded manager, but the fact he has a reputation for falling out with players and an alarming loss of form to some of them has me worried. He doesn't strike me as being very innovitive, his tactics are often suspect and there are few players you can say have definitely improved under Pearson other than perhaps Matty James.

I'd like him to invest more faith and time in to our academy prospects, instead of looking at other teams youngsters at the first opportunity.

I have lots of concerns over Nigel, but I appreciate the good things he's done and that it's sometimes better the devil you know. There are a lot of less talented managers than Pearson operating in the Championship but I believe it'll take a top drawer manager to get a club like Leicester promoted, you have to handle the expectations and the fact that as a club we will always do things the hard way means the manager needs to have that extra bit of quality.

I'm convinced as a club we still live in the past, referring to past glories under O'Neill and looking for omens or similarities that we can draw confidence on that the good times are returning. We either need a massive culture change and mentality, or we move heaven and earth to get O'Neill back and find out one way or another whether he's the only man to make us successful again.

Good post

This is the point for me ......

Yes, I'm disappointed with losing and think we played our hearts out, and beat Florist - yay!! 

BUT. With the resources at his disposal it's academic, we're not good enough .... only top two is good enough.

We're a mile away from the quality of the team in 3rd, that's just not good enough.

Agree with that

Archived