Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

WILL Pearson be sacked?

It's a ridiculous and meaningless question.

I'd rather be a leicester fan than a fan of anyone else whatever the situation and whatever the season's outcome.

Why compare us to wolves??? 

Because I want a change in manager you point to one club that has changed it's manager as proof that it always leads to disaster!!!! 

And for the record I thought Wolves were ridiculous getting rid of MM .... He was definitely sacked without justification. NP wouldn't have the same argument.

To be fair you've never swerved from your dislike of all things Pearson.

I hope, if the Thais do make a change, you'll give the new manager your full support.

I don't rate him and think he's an average to good championship manager. I feel quite alot of empathy for the bloke right now .... he's tried his hardest and he's given it his best shot. He's even gained some humility along the way.

Every manager and player has my full support at the ground (with the exception of Megson who i refused to applaud but never booed) .... But on here I express my opinion, which is that he has taken us as far as he can and that's not good enough.

It could well be mate, it could well be.

Personally, I think he's bought himself some time.

Just a feeling buddy.

You could well be right mate ......we shall see eh? It's that disastrous run that I think is the crux of the matter though !

Incidentally......if he were to be replaced ,i'd strongly go for Dougie Freedman myself.....,did a marvellous job at Palace & and is doing an unbelievable one at Bolton !! Fine young manager !!!

If we got to Wembley and still lost, I don't see how it could cost Pearson his job.

The way I look at it is, if we failed to make the Play-Offs, and finished 7th or 8th, Pearson would be gone.

However we managed to get into the Play-Offs and actually play for something, and if we failed to make the Premier League, then getting into the Play-Offs is still a decent achievement, if your club finished top six in any of the four top English divisions, then you should be pretty happy with your team. 

The way we played for the first half of the season, being 2nd but ended up finishing outside the play-offs with nothing to play for, would of been sickening  and instead of calling for Pearson to stay, right now I would be calling for his head. Even though we were poor over the course of the second half of the season, at the end of the day we got into the Play-Offs with something to play for, but we just missed out on going to Wembley by a whisker, and if we lost at Wembley, I would take the defeat on the chin, be proud of the teams efforts and achievements, defend Pearson and cross my fingers that we could move on from it.

We got in to 6th with the lowest point total ever and thanks to goal difference.

I don't see why he keeps his job if we're 6th but loses it should we have been 7th.

He should be judged on the way we have played over the season and for me it hasn't been good enough.

We have been appalling away from home.

Our defence has got worse as the season has gone on.

Most of the players seem to have gone backwards with the exception of James and perhaps King recently.

Pearson seems as tactically inept as he ever has been and nobody seems to understand his substitutions, certainly not the ones in the last game.

Bringing in Kane instead of a midfielder is surely one of his worst decisions.

The signings of Vardy & Futacs and continuing to play Waghorn.

And for the record I thought Wolves were ridiculous getting rid of MM .... He was definitely sacked without justification. NP wouldn't have the same argument.

One manager had his team flirting with releagation all season and was 'sacked without justification' while the other had his team in the playoffs for almost the entire season and finished in the playoffs and his sacking would be justified?

One manager had his team flirting with releagation all season and was 'sacked without justification' while the other had his team in the playoffs for almost the entire season and finished in the playoffs and his sacking would be justified?

One manager got them promoted and deserved the chance to try and keep them up.

If NP had got us promoted I'd have been behind keeping him for the whole season of the premiership if he was flirting with the relegation zone - that's a great achievement in your first season.

I want him to stay hes got us to 2 playoff semi finals where we have been unlucky in both and we was lost the last time we got rid off him

Were we really?

He blew the first leg at home to Cardiff and were extremely lucky to be awarded a dodgy penalty yesterday.

We certainly didn't deserve to win yesterday.

I'd have been ecstatic should the penalty have gone in but am realistic enough to know that we didn't deserve to win.

We should have had second place nailed but then went on our worst run for 8 years, there are no excuses for that, he has to go imo.

One manager got them promoted and deserved the chance to try and keep them up.

If NP had got us promoted I'd have been behind keeping him for the whole season of the premiership if he was flirting with the relegation zone - that's a great achievement in your first season.

That was his third season with them in the top flight and all three of them they'd been fighting relegation, they've done shit since he was sacked, but I'd hardly say his sacking was completely unjustified. Loads of managers have done much better jobs when taking teams up from the Championship.

Were we really?

He blew the first leg at home to Cardiff and were extremely lucky to be awarded a dodgy penalty yesterday.

We certainly didn't deserve to win yesterday.

I'd have been ecstatic should the penalty have gone in but am realistic enough to know that we didn't deserve to win.

We should have had second place nailed but then went on our worst run for 8 years, there are no excuses for that, he has to go imo.

Agree with you on this.

IMO, by Christmas, most of the other sides in the championship had figured out how to beat us.  Pearson didn't seem to grasp that we needed some kind of plan b, c,d, e and f.  That's why we couldn't beat them anymore, and that's why we didn't get promoted.

Pearson needs some help I think, maybe a director of football that can bring some experience and new ideas.

That was his third season with them in the top flight and all three of them they'd been fighting relegation, they've done shit since he was sacked, but I'd hardly say his sacking was completely unjustified. Loads of managers have done much better jobs when taking teams up from the Championship.

Big question is ..... Do you think that NP is a better manager than MM???

Because if he isn't significantly better he'll only ever be a short term appointment .... and I don't think he's any better at all.

Big question is ..... Do you think that NP is a better manager than MM???

Because if he isn't significantly better he'll only ever be a short term appointment .... and I don't think he's any better at all.

I don't think either of them are up to much to be honest, I'd keep NP at the moment though because despite that poor run post-January, I think he's done a good job this season and when I look at the realistic names available to replace NP I get extremely depressed.

We got in to 6th with the lowest point total ever and thanks to goal difference.

I don't see why he keeps his job if we're 6th but loses it should we have been 7th.

He should be judged on the way we have played over the season and for me it hasn't been good enough.

We have been appalling away from home.

Our defence has got worse as the season has gone on.

Most of the players seem to have gone backwards with the exception of James and perhaps King recently.

Pearson seems as tactically inept as he ever has been and nobody seems to understand his substitutions, certainly not the ones in the last game.

Bringing in Kane instead of a midfielder is surely one of his worst decisions.

The signings of Vardy & Futacs and continuing to play Waghorn.

Seriously?

Lowest points total ever? Did we get more points in our relegation season, than we did this season then?

We got into the Play-Offs with a chance of making the Premier League, if we finished 7th we wouldn't of got the chance, we had something to play for at the end of the day, but yet again we missed out, missing out in the Play-Offs is not a bad thing, if we missed out on the Play-Offs altogether then it would of been bad.

All fair points, but first half of the season we were brilliant, I'm going to compare our form to another team, and that is Middlesbrough, can you remember how well they were doing at the start of the season, then they went on a bigger slump than us and ended up finishing about 16th, yes our form looked bad but despite all of that, we still managed to claim a play-off place. 

Our defence needs changing, we have all identified this, and Pearson will make these changes, Morgan is key, De Laet even though he has his flaws, is good enough for the Championship, while Keane and Konchesky will more than likely get replaced. 

Yes most of our players went backwards, but I think Kasper and Wes have been consistent, James and King's form has been very good recently, and as proven over the past month, when the team picks up form then other players start to play well again, like Knockaert, Dyer and Nugent in particular. 

I've mentioned the substitutions before, we don't really have anybody capable of changing a game, that's one problem I've said all season, our quality from the bench, particularly our strikers, Kane and Vardy are pants, Marshall has been rubbish, while Drinkwater went from good to very bad. Pearson needs to improve our bench next season.

Kane did well against Watford first leg, some people including myself were calling for him to start, preferably I would of preferred Marshall on.

Some of his signings have been poor, but what about his signings of Morgan, James, Knockaert... Vardy and Futacs will more than likely leave, while Waghorn was playing rubbish, but as time progressed and Pearson gave him a run in the side, his performances improved, his set piece deliverers were deadly as ever, and he managed to score a couple of goals. 

And one header away from missing out on the play offs.

If the header didn't go in but the penalty did ... etc etc .....

All meaningless ..... it shouldn't have been by such tight margins ..... 68 points is not progress and shouldn't be defended.

Agree we have not progressed in fact we have turned into a HOOOOOOOOOF ball team. 12 points above the team that got relegated.. the issue on this forum is that if you IMO with some justification you say what we currently have has not performed, you are slated as being disloyal.... thats shite... I can see the games in front of me and we are not good enough. We have to ask the question do we really think that KS and Morgan will stay, I actually dont think so so we will be in a worse position next season without our 2 best players....

I don't think either of them are up to much to be honest, I'd keep NP at the moment though because despite that poor run post-January, I think he's done a good job this season and when I look at the realistic names available to replace NP I get extremely depressed.

Dougie Freedman ........he's the man !!!!

Agree we have not progressed in fact we have turned into a HOOOOOOOOOF ball team. 12 points above the team that got relegated.. the issue on this forum is that if you IMO with some justification you say what we currently have has not performed, you are slated as being disloyal.... thats shite... I can see the games in front of me and we are not good enough. We have to ask the question do we really think that KS and Morgan will stay, I actually dont think so so we will be in a worse position next season without our 2 best players....

Do you really think anyone's going to buy them? Because I don't.

Do you really think anyone's going to buy them? Because I don't.

I do!! I think 20 teams in the championship would take them in an instant,

For KS at least 6 teams in the premiership.

For big Wes at least one or two ... but i think he'd prefer to stay in the area and loyalty may mean something to him / them both.

For big Wes at least one or two ... but i think he'd prefer to stay in the area and loyalty may mean something to him / them both.

Lets hope so

We wouldn't sell to any team in the Championship, I think that goes without saying. We're not a massive money bags club, but we're in the position where we don't have to sell off our best players to our rivals. And I don't think many other Championship clubs could match us wage-wise.

As for PL clubs being interested in Wes Morgan and Kasper Schmeichel...? I can't see it myself. Even teams like Stoke rated Butland higher than Kasper. I would be very surprised if we saw any serious bids for Morgan over the summer, and if a good enough offer came in for Schmeichel, I would accept it. If we're talking millions, we may as well sell him and get in a replacement on lower wages - Luke Steele at Barnsley looks to be a very good keeper and wouldn't command a massive transfer fee, plus he'd be on a much lower wage than Schmeichel.

We wouldn't sell to any team in the Championship, I think that goes without saying. We're not a massive money bags club, but we're in the position where we don't have to sell off our best players to our rivals. And I don't think many other Championship clubs could match us wage-wise.

As for PL clubs being interested in Wes Morgan and Kasper Schmeichel...? I can't see it myself. Even teams like Stoke rated Butland higher than Kasper. I would be very surprised if we saw any serious bids for Morgan over the summer, and if a good enough offer came in for Schmeichel, I would accept it. If we're talking millions, we may as well sell him and get in a replacement on lower wages - Luke Steele at Barnsley looks to be a very good keeper and wouldn't command a massive transfer fee, plus he'd be on a much lower wage than Schmeichel.

Its a well known fact Swansea are interested in Schmeichel.

Archived