Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

LEICESTER CITY CONTRACTS

I've done a bit of digging around on the net and unearthed this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB2_2013.html

So for us, the following are expiring:

Conrad Logan - Market value £225,000 - Agent - World in Motion

Richard Wellens - Market Value - £450,000

Martyn Waghorn - Market Value - £1,300,000

Conor Clifford - Market Value - £0

2014 contract expiries:

Konchesky, Morgan,   Dyer, Schmeichel, Whitbread, Nugent

Konchesky - Sell due to wages

Morgan - Renewed contract

Dyer - Loves it here and can be unplayable on his day. Renew.

Schmeichel - Huge potential. Renew.

Whitbread - Hasn't really happened here yet. Give him another year.

Nugent - Worth another year at least. Renew.

Logan maybe a new contract, he's alright as a back up.

Wellens will eventually make a decent coach imo.

Waghorn let him go.

No comment on Clifford.

2014 contract expiries:

Konchesky, Morgan,   Dyer, Schmeichel, Whitbread, Nugent

Offer Morgan, Kasper and Nugent new contracts.

Whitbread and Dyer not good enough.

Konchesky needs replacing anyway, and I'm guessing his wages will be high.

Logan maybe a new contract, he's alright as a back up.

Wellens will eventually make a decent coach imo.

Waghorn let him go.

No comment on Clifford.

Offer Morgan, Kasper and Nugent new contracts.

Whitbread and Dyer not good enough.

Konchesky needs replacing anyway, and I'm guessing his wages will be high.

Dyer not good enough when he has the highest number of assists in the team lol

To say Dyer isn't good enough isn't fair. He's at least always worth a place in the squad just because of the way his pace can really cause problems to teams. Not an intelligent player and a frustrating one but id rather keep him.

Wellens will eventually make a decent coach imo.

I'm curious as to what your reasons are for saying that. Have you seen/heard about his coaching? It would surprise me, I must admit. He was a good player in his day (now passed) and I know he was quite vocal but he seemed to be a right impatient whingebag...I can't imagine him having the right mentality for coaching.

Thanks for all the info re. contracts, those who provided it.

I'd say:

- Schmeichel: Renew, if possible; room for improvement but very reliable and potentially better to come

- Logan: Renew, provided either Schmeichel stays or we get a new first-choice keeper;

- Morgan: Definitely renew; key player & should have several more years in him as a centre-back

- Konch: Sell, especially if he's on high wages; we could get a decent replacement without paying the earth

- Whitbread: 1-year extension or wait till Xmas to renew? Still think he could make it, if he stays fit

- Dyer: Renew; Erratic, but makes a real contribution, offering a different threat - if anything seems fitter, despite age

- Nugent: Definitely renew; important player; still more to come from him, playing in a confident, creative side

- Waghorn/Vardy: Loan out in autumn & decide by Xmas; either/both could yet make it, but need to build up confidence & match fitness elsewhere...if that doesn't work, sell cheap at Xmas

- Futacs: Sell now; has shown no sign that he'll ever be a regular starter

- Danns: Sell if possible, or else long-term loan; we have better midfielders who lose the ball less - & he's probably on megabucks

- Beckford: Sell now or long-term loan - keep his bad attitude away from the club

- Wellens: Sell, long-term loan or mutually agreed contract termination

- Gally: See Wellens 

I know that high wages may be a problem in getting some unwanted players off the payroll, but surely most of them will have enough pride and motivation to move on if it is clear that they're not going to be getting 1st team action...even if they have to take a pay cut (with the club maybe covering some of this)?

It'll be interesting to see how FFP affects transfer fees and player wages. I'm assuming that both are likely to fall, but maybe some or all clubs will just find financial loopholes allowing them to carry on paying extortionate sums to get the best players....

Wellens contract doesn't expire until 2014 according to this......thanks Sven.  :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9429909.stm

Dyer is a brillaint squad player IMO as long as he has his pace he should be kept in the squad.

Dyer not good enough when he has the highest number of assists in the team lol

Has he got more assists than Marshall?

If he was anywhere near 'brilliant', then at 30 years of age, he would have played for better teams than what he has.

He has one good game every five. When was the last time he was fantastic? Bolton at home probably. Comes inside far too often, inconsistent and is often switched off/only decent for 15mins a half.

If we want to push on, I expect the whole left side to be upgraded.

If he was anywhere near 'brilliant', then at 30 years of age, he would have played for better teams than what he has.

He has one good game every five. When was the last time he was fantastic? Bolton at home probably. Comes inside far too often, inconsistent and is often switched off/only decent for 15mins a half.

I didnt say he was brilliant. I said he was a "brilliant squad player" A different type of player to have in the squad.

He is not a starter IMO but is great to bring on for last 20 minutes when the opposition is tierd and let him run them ragged!

But that arguement doesnt stand up. Rickie Lambert was like 29 when he became a well known palyer joining Sot'on now they're in the Prem. Did he play for beetter clubs before? No, Bristol Rovers.

Dyer will never be anywhere better than here no, but to say he isnt at least a worthwhile player to have in the squad isnt fair

I'm curious as to what your reasons are for saying that. Have you seen/heard about his coaching? It would surprise me, I must admit. He was a good player in his day (now passed) and I know he was quite vocal but he seemed to be a right impatient whingebag...I can't imagine him having the right mentality for coaching.

Thanks for all the info re. contracts, those who provided it.

I'd say:

- Schmeichel: Renew, if possible; room for improvement but very reliable and potentially better to come

- Logan: Renew, provided either Schmeichel stays or we get a new first-choice keeper;

- Morgan: Definitely renew; key player & should have several more years in him as a centre-back

- Konch: Sell, especially if he's on high wages; we could get a decent replacement without paying the earth

- Whitbread: 1-year extension or wait till Xmas to renew? Still think he could make it, if he stays fit

- Dyer: Renew; Erratic, but makes a real contribution, offering a different threat - if anything seems fitter, despite age

- Nugent: Definitely renew; important player; still more to come from him, playing in a confident, creative side

- Waghorn/Vardy: Loan out in autumn & decide by Xmas; either/both could yet make it, but need to build up confidence & match fitness elsewhere...if that doesn't work, sell cheap at Xmas

- Futacs: Sell now; has shown no sign that he'll ever be a regular starter

- Danns: Sell if possible, or else long-term loan; we have better midfielders who lose the ball less - & he's probably on megabucks

- Beckford: Sell now or long-term loan - keep his bad attitude away from the club

- Wellens: Sell, long-term loan or mutually agreed contract termination

- Gally: See Wellens 

I know that high wages may be a problem in getting some unwanted players off the payroll, but surely most of them will have enough pride and motivation to move on if it is clear that they're not going to be getting 1st team action...even if they have to take a pay cut (with the club maybe covering some of this)?

It'll be interesting to see how FFP affects transfer fees and player wages. I'm assuming that both are likely to fall, but maybe some or all clubs will just find financial loopholes allowing them to carry on paying extortionate sums to get the best players....

You're talking about modern day footballers here, as much as I'd want to agree. I'm sure players like Danns who couldn't genuinely give a shit won't say no to being in the reserves on his silly money and still getting his arse licked by gullible hype-believers every time we don't win a game or King/James (superior players) have an off-day.

I didnt say he was brilliant. I said he was a "brilliant squad player" A different type of player to have in the squad.

He is not a starter IMO but is great to bring on for last 20 minutes when the opposition is tierd and let him run them ragged!

Ok, I take that one back then. I did think he would be good to bring on for 20 mins but during some games he doesn't even take players on. Can't remember when he even beat the Watford full back on Sunday. He is a frustrating player, that's all I'm basically saying.

But that arguement doesnt stand up. Rickie Lambert was like 29 when he became a well known palyer joining Sot'on now they're in the Prem. Did he play for beetter clubs before? No, Bristol Rovers.

Dyer will never be anywhere better than here no, but to say he isnt at least a worthwhile player to have in the squad isnt fair

True. Can't argue with that.

I've said for ages I wouldn't start him but he'd make a good squad player for anyone. His pace is excellent.

I actually think his crossing has improved too lately. He's never been a technically good player, but he's actually getting better, he seems to be putting a lot of his crosses into pretty decent positions. They're not overly powerful but I don't think we as a team make enough of them.

I do like him though. I think he's got a lot of flaws but he's always seemed to give a shit about us, he's one of us as far as I'm concerned.

anyone slagging off lloyd dyer whilst wanking over knockaert can kiss my bean bag! id rather have lloyd dyer any day,lloyd is underrated in my view! cracking player on his day.

That's the thing though. We have to many 'on their day' players, hence why we're never consistent enough.

Archived