Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev

FoxesTalk CD swap.

you probably need to download something like http://www.extractnow.com/ to unzip them.

that's what I used!!

if anyone else wants mine then PM and I will send you the links!!

Cheers got them now,

Cajun Dance Party, Metric, Tokyo Police Club, Blood Red Shoes and Good Shoes were all on my shortlist aswell!

Good CD

Here's my effort;

http://download.yousendit.com/8CAD2B6F7E032F45

Let me know what you think.

PS I had to cancel your download in the end Jay, was taking too long and I'm on earlies at work tomorrow! :D Will try again Tuesday night (in London tomorrow night for a gig, topically enough)...

just listening to yours now; i'd only heard of 'Fujiya & Miyagi' and that's the one i liked least! (just to clarify; i do like collarbone) i loved: the mules, ugly duckling, good shoes and balkan beat box!

will download marks and jays presently. mine is being uploaded now.

OK mine is finished (I hope) I have done 2 as they didn't make sense on the same one

I have tried to tame things down a little and used songs that I think are fairly accessible for people and using anything to extreme

the first is Rock(ish) stuff and can be downloaded at the following link

http://www.yousendit.com/download/www/ZUcwa0ZaYUlqV0EwTVE9PQ

the second is a bit hip hop(ish) and can be found at the link below:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/www/ZUcwa0ZVdkc5eFUwTVE9PQ

if you have any problems or the files are corrupt in anyway then let me know!!

well try and enjoy!!

Jay

1. Google "WinRAR free download".

2. Download and install WinRAR.

3. Copy the files you want to send into a new folder.

4. Right click the folder icon when you're done and select "Add to <your foldername>.rar"

5. Sign up to YouSendIt.com, upload your file, copy and paste the URL it gives you for the file location and post it here.

heres my thoughts on your mix tape:

1. caspian - never hear of them, but really like this track, nice mix of tones and guitars. will look for more i think.

2. dartz - is this band signed? this sounds like any indie band, nothing to special, but pleasant enough i guess

3. cursive - not at all my thing, but i like the changes and the wild strings in there

4. the weakerthans - this is cool, like cinema as music, atmospheric.

5. dredge - skipped this, sorry, not my thing at all

6. 65days of static - again not my cup of tea, but an interesting listen.

7. slowdive - yeah, nice.

8. smith - ahh, beautiful, one of my favourite ES songs, great choice for any compilation, thank you.

9. BOC - great, this was the first BOC album i got, and this is such a great little track.

10.GATH - don't know this band, but i like this track, nice tones and pretty vocals, will investigate further - mixed wonderfully into...

11.MTB - this is really interesting, mellow, catchy and unusual.

12.LSD - listenable, reminds me of my bloody valentine, but not as good.

13.DNTEL - not my favourite by this band, think i heard a cool mix of it somewhere, i'll have to track that down

14meanwhile.... she sounds local, this is alright, love a bit of spoken word...

thanks for the effort, mark... now who's next

Ok, so here is a little bit of Valerenga for you all...

it's not as big as some of the files so far, so no excuses - yet packed with 20 nuggets.

it is mainly pop, but not too cheesy, a bit of folk/country/pschedelia thrown in.

I spent a bit of time making sure the order of songs flowed nicely, so give it a good listen...

...oh, and let me know what you think, or if you want to know more about the tracks.

http://download.yousendit.com/926867E332DB0677

happy listenening

Alright you crazy Katz and Kittenz, I'm wazzukin your thread with a Finnmissile of Musical Doom. Boom, boom!

I'm currently downloading Jay and stez's compilations, I'll give feedback soon. I'll do Mark and Valegera next and save Fez for last. In the meantime I present to you:

1000beatsperseocnd: as heard by Finnegan.

I took Jay's lead and toned things down a bit. I figured Mark and Fez would likely drop some more experimental stuff, so I left out the mincey prog ensembles and went for speed, speed, speed. If you can listen to the whole thing and sit still, you aren't human. ;)

Probably a 50 / 50 mix of stuff people will definitely have heard and possibly won't have heard. Next one'll be a bit more challenging, I promise. ;p

edit: Jay has exceeded his DL limit. So I'm getting stez and Mark's first!

On seeing what everyone else was doing I've gone for something a wee bit different. This is a 10 track, 35 minute, tablespoon of sugar, basically. This sort of thing makes up probably about 5% of what I listen to, and is just a 'mini' one while I come up with something better.

It's not ALL sickly sweet, the Of Montreal tracks in particular. And the NHM track is amazing.

BIG LETTERS TO INDICATE DOWNLOAD LINK IN POST

Link: http://download.yousendit.com/EB8A2CB063104CD4

I'll start listening to some others later today, hopefully.#

I'm doing mine now.

It's not gonna be brilliant because I'm making it from the few random CDs and songs I have on the computer I'm using at the moment, my entire collection's on a different computer which is sitting in different places around my room.

It's gonna beweeks before I get round to sorting that out.

Alright you crazy Katz and Kittenz, I'm wazzukin your thread with a Finnmissile of Musical Doom. Boom, boom!

I'm currently downloading Jay and stez's compilations, I'll give feedback soon. I'll do Mark and Valegera next and save Fez for last. In the meantime I present to you:

1000beatsperseocnd: as heard by Finnegan.

I took Jay's lead and toned things down a bit. I figured Mark and Fez would likely drop some more experimental stuff, so I left out the mincey prog ensembles and went for speed, speed, speed. If you can listen to the whole thing and sit still, you aren't human. ;)

Probably a 50 / 50 mix of stuff people will definitely have heard and possibly won't have heard. Next one'll be a bit more challenging, I promise. ;p

edit: Jay has exceeded his DL limit. So I'm getting stez and Mark's first!

seems like I have well and truly messed things up!! :doh:

guess the only way around this by setting up another yousendit account with a different email....

seems like I have well and truly messed things up!! :doh:

guess the only way around this by setting up another yousendit account with a different email....

unless you wanna pay the monthly fee? :nono: :nono:

i suppose if we post the links up here it doesn't matter what email we use?

unless you wanna pay the monthly fee? :nono: :nono:

i suppose if we post the links up here it doesn't matter what email we use?

certianly not!!

have set up a new email and am uploading at this very moment!! :D

Stez, is there any chance of you splitting out the latest section and having a list of the links compiled in the first post? I know it's a bit much to ask, but it'd be dead handy.

i'll do that, but i'll wait til jay has uploaded his and got the new links up.

Archived