Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxKing10

Hooray 1 more hoof year

I have renewed but totally agree with cool city fan that it is getting to a point where we have a lot of people getting bored of the team now. I don't dislike Nigel to be honest he's ok the teams ok and that's about it, but when he does finally go please bring a manager that is enjoyable to listen too coupled with a bit of flair on the pitch and maybe some knew songs from the kop. I know it's a new generation of city fans but can't some of our old school return from filbert street days and teach this new crop a wider range of songs lol!!!! We might be boring as hell under Nigel and we keep destroying the ozone layer with our football but we still love ya leicester!!!!!

That's a new one, blaming our Kop on Pearson lol

It strikes me that a lot of our fans are so blinded by Pearson hatred that they can not or will not see/believe that 90% of the blame on our demise from being 2nd to finnishing 6th was purely down to players them selves. Regardless of whether or not the rumours regarding Woods and  Nigels daughter etc were true or not that sort of incident should not be used as an excuse for the rest of the players to drop heads and forget the basics. I know most will look back at the F.A Cup games against Huddersfield and say that Pearson changed a winning team, yes he did and for good reason, why when you have small unit of players to pick from would you risk injuries and suspensions that could harm your promotion chances? So again that is no excuse for the poor run of form, I do not believe anything other than complacency within the players and arrogance that they could just turn up at Peterborough andbelieve that just simply being an in form team in 2nd place warrants you a victory, that game was big wake up call and a huge confidence wrecking ball for alot of players and they then started over think decision making and completely forgot the basics and simple football which got them to 2nd spot, Nigel and the coaching staff would have tried ther hardest to get them back to basics and continue the methods that bought the team success for the first 2/3's of the season, but once those 11 players cross that line it is out of Nigel and Shakey's hands, its down to the individuals to put it right, but they didnt, i believe Pearson can get them playing again in the new season, with a few new arrivals to strangthen and tweek areas and freshen things up, but on the whole we have a decent group of lads who need the summer break now need to learn from what happened at the back end of this season and push this club onwards and upwards next season.

Cracking post. would say Peterborough was where it all started, absolute myth that it all started at Huddersfield.

But whilst I agree with what you're saying - Pearson signed most of those players. If complacency and arrogance kicked in then he's got part of the blame to take.

I support Leicester City not Nigel Pearson whilst he remains our manager I will have to put up with him having renewed my season ticket. The huge worry for me is the financial fair play rules. We will once again have to trim the wage bill so that means a lot of the high earners will go. I do not think we will be doing much business at all transfer in wise other than the odd free or out of contract player.

I just hope we can do better than three wins in fifteen games which was our form in the latter part of last season going into the play offs. If we don't we will be fighting relegation next season. I hope the players and management realise this and improve cos if they don't on that form alne we are fooked.

Again great post..... I have just renewed my season ticket and inflicted the same weekly torture on my son, who now has his first season ticket and TBH I am not really looking forward to next season under Pearson but as mentioned above I support Leicester City not NP, the last third of the season is a massive worry and what the NP lovers seem to hang their hats on is that we will return to the form of earlir in the season which actually was only 2 runs of 5 or so straight wins without which we would have been relegated or close to it. The last 17 games gave me no confidence that NP can turn it  around but for the sake of our club and my sanity I hope he can.

I feel slightly guilty that I have inflicted supporting LCFC on my son but like hair loss its heriditory and I have told him there is nothing he can now do about it..

We follow the Foxes and that unfortunately means putting up with NP and his brand of HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFF Ball..

Oh well

The last people that should be listened to about the merits of the current or possible new manager are the fans.

Let's start with O'Neill's first 12 games...."Sack him! We got that so right

The fans were desperate to get Peter Taylor in because he was the dog's doodahs at the time.

The fans were outraged that we might get Warnock, so Mandaric picked Holloway.

"Yes! We've got Sven" said so many people on this forum and that worked out well.

Pearson's not a Mourinho or Ferguson but he's a damned sight better than a lot of the other usual suspects that are out of work right now. Given our previous track record of berating managers, wanting the best names available and watching them one-by-one bomb out, maybe the Pearson haters should just button it, back the team and be careful about what they wish for.

Did you actually see the last third of our season ? be careful of what you wish for because you had better get used to more of the same if he continues as manager.

Lmao some people make me laugh on here, hoof ball?? Have you been watching the same side?? We've played some great football this year, & try and remember we've in the top 6 virtually all season, we will only improve again next year, roll on August, Nigel Pearsons blue and white army!!

Your right we played SOME good football, which was a pleasant surprise under Nigel Pearson, but in the time of the poor run we reverted back to what Pearson knows best negative "hoof ball".

I saw many games home and away last season and when we got the ball down and played football we looked very good, but once teams stopped us playing the football Nigel and his coaching staff had no other idea other than turn to the long ball game, which is why I think we struggled for so long, as we don't have the players for the long ball game.

So if Pearson is going to be a succes or not get sacked next season, he needs to stop being tactically inept and he has a summer to work on his tactics for the event of us being stopped playing the passing football.

So as much as I will give you that they have played SOME got football, 10 games or so of the good stuff isn't enough when there is 40 odd games in a season.

Some section seem very easly pleased, and you say have these people watched the same team, I don't know how many away games you got to, but this is we're most of the negative hoof ball football took placed, and the shocking away form I believe is down to the managers lack of tactical ability.

So you can laugh at people's opinions who believe we play hoof ball, I personally agree with you and them, I personally don't see what you saw that was so funny about something that was a fact.

Leicester city, the boys in blue.

Did you actually see the last third of our season ? be careful of what you wish for because you had better get used to more of the same if he continues as manager.

Ignoring the majority of this season (somewhere in the region of 66%), what makes you think

a) it's the manager's sole fault that we could potentially be off to a slow start next season and

b) we'll be rewarded with the same dross equivalent of a major part of our last third this season?

Oh wait - you're just on the wind-up again. I'm sorry to bother you and your repetitious remarks.

Ignoring the majority of this season (somewhere in the region of 66%), what makes you think

a) it's the manager's sole fault that we could potentially be off to a slow start next season and

b) we'll be rewarded with the same dross equivalent of a major part of our last third this season?

Oh wait - you're just on the wind-up again. I'm sorry to bother you and your repetitious remarks.

You didn't answer mi question bud.. Are you a season ticket holder?

vs watford 20minutes of passing 75 minutes of kasper hoofing it thats the main reason we lost we kept giving watford the ball back too easy that must change if we are to get anywhere near promotion

Did we both watch the same game?

I remember us playing against a Watford team filled with Serie A and Liga BBVA loanees (at least seven out of the starting eleven players) and at Vicarage Road, we never looked like we could boss the game. There was not a tremendous, but a visible difference in player quality and experience that day.

We gave Watford a good fight that day, but in the end, individual strengths prevailed. Plus, we looked completely rattled after 65 to 70 minutes. And they wanted it more than we did.

Your right we played SOME good football, which was a pleasant surprise under Nigel Pearson, but in the time of the poor run we reverted back to what Pearson knows best negative "hoof ball".

I saw many games home and away last season and when we got the ball down and played football we looked very good, but once teams stopped us playing the football Nigel and his coaching staff had no other idea other than turn to the long ball game, which is why I think we struggled for so long, as we don't have the players for the long ball game.

So if Pearson is going to be a succes or not get sacked next season, he needs to stop being tactically inept and he has a summer to work on his tactics for the event of us being stopped playing the passing football.

So as much as I will give you that they have played SOME got football, 10 games or so of the good stuff isn't enough when there is 40 odd games in a season.

Some section seem very easly pleased, and you say have these people watched the same team, I don't know how many away games you got to, but this is we're most of the negative hoof ball football took placed, and the shocking away form I believe is down to the managers lack of tactical ability.

So you can laugh at people's opinions who believe we play hoof ball, I personally agree with you and them, I personally don't see what you saw that was so funny about something that was a fact.

Fair enough mate, I for one am just fed up of the negative vibes of our supporters when we were (whatever football u or people say we played) in the top 6 all season & at one stage possible over achieving with our young small squad near the top, I am priority 2 away ticket & have been to 17 away games & especially at the start of the season we were unlucky on the road, some good footy not all bad...

whatever it's been this season it's been a hell of a lot better than the crap we had for the last 10/11 years (other than Nigel's other time he got us in top6 AGAIN)

Lay of him for a bit plz and we can build together as fans it's devided it doesn't help when we generally have such a good young side in the process :(

Fair enough mate, I for one am just fed up of the negative vibes of our supporters when we were (whatever football u or people say we played) in the top 6 all season & at one stage possible over achieving with our young small squad near the top, I am priority 2 away ticket & have been to 17 away games & especially at the start of the season we were unlucky on the road, some good footy not all bad...

whatever it's been this season it's been a hell of a lot better than the crap we had for the last 10/11 years (other than Nigel's other time he got us in top6 AGAIN)

Lay of him for a bit plz and we can build together as fans it's devided it doesn't help when we generally have such a good young side in the process :(

Agree with you mate, all this bickering between the fans isn't good, rather long winded the way I put it, but that's kinder what I was getting at.

I don't rate him but I don't need to lay off him, as I am not a believer in booing or chanting for him to go.

I also think you are probably right a small young squad that over achieved, and you make a point of being in the top six most of the season, I am still at a loss working out how we manage that, but your right we did.

Again Pearson has his faults, and he's not for me, but I do hope he brings in experience and learns from his failings last season, and is successful.

I have accepted he is here next season and sincerely hope he gets it right, as I want Leicester city in the premier league, and financial security that would bring,we cannot afford much longer outside of the pl, and to be fair, removing all opinions and wether we like np or not, we all want success, and all know financially we need it.

Don't like to agree to much, as we have different opinions 😀, but you are right we did see some of the best football at Leicester for years,and some of the worse as well

Cracking post again Monsey

Hopefully we get the answer from the board what's happening as regards to the gaffer then whoever It is we need to back him and the boys ' together!!

He does indeed which all managers do, but one thing I believe Imo is he is a good football manager hence his records and win % ...he guided us from our lowest point building a young hungry side and has done so again & will continue to do in the summer, we can't just expect instant success it takes time, he knows that and I think the owners do too:)

We deffo all do mate, that I respect but people slagging off a manager that has had us in 2 top 6 finishes with all that's gone on too isn't worth all the stick he gets; my mates a sheff weds fan & I show him some or the comments & he says it sounds like ur fans have read the table the wrong way round lol.

Do people honestly believe that at the height of our good form, the manager told the team to change their style of play? A few of the comments on here make it sound like he explicitly instructed the team to be more negative and to hoof the ball up the pitch more regularly. I'm certain that NP would be more frustrated than anyone when our players resort to this as in my view, it comes down to a number of things:

1. The players struggled to handle the pressure. Yes the manager publicly set our target as promotion and maybe this contributed to the extra pressure but would you rather he came out at the start of such a season of promise and set a lower target than this? He'd have been completely pilloried by the fans and probably been sacked on the spot if he'd done so. There's probably also an argument that the manager could do more to alleviate the pressure behind closed doors but no-one here can lay claim to know what he says to his players (except the ITK's of course ;)). At the end of the day, maybe it just got to them and nothing he could say or do would have been enough.
  2. With pressure comes mistakes and lack of responsibility. This was hugely visible on the pitch - when we are at our best, everyone wants the ball and our movement off the ball to create space for others is second to none in this division. That stopped happening, players would not make the same level of effort to create space, nor was there confidence to take a risk or two with their passing as they didn't want to be the one to make a mistake. Consequently, the 'easy' option is taken and instead of trying to play through the midfield, the ball gets hoofed up forward. This in my view explains our change of style - not the apparent decision by our manager to play a more ineffective style of football.

I got the feeling in all of NP's post-match interviews during our poor run that he was more frustrated than anyone at some of the things our players were doing out on the field but didn't want to lambast them publicly as this could have sapped confidence entirely.

One thing I'm desperately hoping is that everyone, players and manager, have learned from their experience this season and can find a better way to handle the pressure if we are in a similar situation next season. Maybe it will take a few new faces to keep things calm as a lot of our experienced heads seemed to be the ones who buckled under the pressure more than most i.e. the form of Nugent / Konchesky etc. towards the back end of the season. At least we now have a side who has a vested interest in doing well for the club for the sake of their careers, something which couldn't be said with most of Sven's signings and I for one am optimistic providing NP stays in charge next season.

Cue the unconstructive 'moron' / 'idiot' replies from some of the 20% :).

Some people apparently think our season started in February rather than August.

Yeah let's forget about the last eighteen games and remember the good games that got us to second in the table then the great nose dive of reality.

Yeah let's forget about the last eighteen games and remember the good games that got us to second in the table then the great nose dive of reality.

What do you classify the games leading up to February then? Fantasy?

What do you classify the games leading up to February then? Fantasy?

They don't fit in with his agenda and so are conveniently forgotten.

They don't fit in with his agenda and so are conveniently forgotten.

To hear him talk you'd think we got tonked 5-0 every game in that poor spell of form. There were actually a few creditable draws in there, some extremely unlucky losses and some very good wins against Blackburn, Bolton and - best of all - Forest away, where we haven't won for about 40 odd years.

Yes, the results on the whole weren't good enough - we lost nine games in that time - but the way you hear people talk on here about it, it's like we were getting battered every single week which simply isn't the case.

Totally agree. I too am going to renew this afternoon. Not because I want NP as our manager but because I support LEICESTER CITY

I don't think anybody has renewed simply because NP's still here but there seems to be a few who haven't renewed for that fact.

Either way good to see another ST holder renewing regardless of opinion on the manager

To hear him talk you'd think we got tonked 5-0 every game in that poor spell of form. There were actually a few creditable draws in there, some extremely unlucky losses and some very good wins against Blackburn, Bolton and - best of all - Forest away, where we haven't won for about 40 odd years.

Yes, the results on the whole weren't good enough - we lost nine games in that time - but the way you hear people talk on here about it, it's like we were getting battered every single week which simply isn't the case.

I personally think Barnsley away was the final game of that run. I'm not sure I'd include the games after in it - as none of them were disgraceful.

I personally think Barnsley away was the final game of that run. I'm not sure I'd include the games after in it - as none of them were disgraceful.

It was totally spiritless and spineless, a horrible day.

After that we actually started to play some football again and scored goals.

Archived