Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxKing10

Hooray 1 more hoof year

Blows my mind when some "fans" moan about Pearson's lack of personality, or the fact that they want someone to provide more entertaining interviews. Remember the ****ing laughs we had when good ol' Oliie got us relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history. Anyone who has actually met Pearson and isn't just judging his personality on interviews with that absolute inept weapon Stringer would know that he is an absolutely fantastic guy.

Isn't it the case that Pearson has two personalties, the media one and the private one?

Heard lots about him being a joker and light-hearted behind closed doors, away from the spotlight, it's a shame we don't see too much of that in public

Blows my mind when some "fans" moan about Pearson's lack of personality, or the fact that they want someone to provide more entertaining interviews. Remember the ****ing laughs we had when good ol' Oliie got us relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in our  history. Anyone who has actually met Pearson and isn't just judging his personality on interviews with that absolute inept weapon Stringer would know that he is an absolutely fantastic guy.

I think this is so true and a reason why i hope stringer is removed from the interviewing duties for next year. I can't help but find RL coverage is often negative towards the manager and certain players and it leads to some of our less intelligent fans being led into dislike of the manager.

It strikes me that a lot of our fans are so blinded by Pearson hatred that they can not or will not see/believe that 90% of the blame on our demise from being 2nd to finnishing 6th was purely down to players them selves. Regardless of whether or not the rumours regarding Woods and  Nigels daughter etc were true or not that sort of incident should not be used as an excuse for the rest of the players to drop heads and forget the basics. I know most will look back at the F.A Cup games against Huddersfield and say that Pearson changed a winning team, yes he did and for good reason, why when you have small unit of players to pick from would you risk injuries and suspensions that could harm your promotion chances? So again that is no excuse for the poor run of form, I do not believe anything other than complacency within the players and arrogance that they could just turn up at Peterborough andbelieve that just simply being an in form team in 2nd place warrants you a victory, that game was big wake up call and a huge confidence wrecking ball for alot of players and they then started over think decision making and completely forgot the basics and simple football which got them to 2nd spot, Nigel and the coaching staff would have tried ther hardest to get them back to basics and continue the methods that bought the team success for the first 2/3's of the season, but once those 11 players cross that line it is out of Nigel and Shakey's hands, its down to the individuals to put it right, but they didnt, i believe Pearson can get them playing again in the new season, with a few new arrivals to strangthen and tweek areas and freshen things up, but on the whole we have a decent group of lads who need the summer break now need to learn from what happened at the back end of this season and push this club onwards and upwards next season.

I think this is so true and a reason why i hope stringer is removed from the interviewing duties for next year. I can't help but find RL coverage is often negative towards the manager and certain players and it leads to some of our less intelligent fans being led into dislike of the manager.

Many times I have read/heard our fans say that Nigel is "boring, negative lacks personality" but I wonder how many of these people have actually met the guy! I met him and the first thing he said was to offer to share a taxi with me and my mate (which he will pay for) to the KP for the match. He is genuinely a great guy and he puts on a professional front to the media to protect his players, which isn't unlike many of the top managers.

Also this so called "mardy arse" with his blunt interviews has led us to a title and 2 play off finishes in three full seasons. Some people need to take a step back and have a good think about where we are and about the fact that NO team has any given right to be in the top 2 and ultimately the premiership. 

To coin a well worn Foxes phrase, "keep the faith" - and the rest will hopefully take care of itself. If I'm left with egg on my face with that statement come a potentially awkward period next season (whereby we've failed to win a game in 10 games again or something), then so be it! In the meantime though, "there's one Nigel Pearson!!" :pearson:

Was having a chat with a mate on the phone this morning. My age (44) and watching City for about the same length of time as me.

We both concluded we wouldn't shed a tear if Pearson left. Nor are we bothered if he stays.

We have two main concerns:

1. Good players appear to have turned bad... Drinky, Wood and especially Marshall who we both expected to shine this season. Why? Youthful inexperience or poor coaching/management,

2. Our away form.. Which was never addressed all season really.

Of course, I expect the Pearsonites to come up with a million reasons to explain these two issues.

I don't want you to.. Just sharing what we considered were the two biggest areas for improvement.

Neither of us are gonna be renewing this season.

Good post Col, once again find myself agreeing with most of what you have put

There was me thinking we'd won more at home than only two other teams, scored more at home than only one other team, beat two teams by six for the first time since god knows when.

So the question begs... What the heck did people expect if THIS is a bad enough year at home to not renew.

The last people that should be listened to about the merits of the current or possible new manager are the fans.

Let's start with O'Neill's first 12 games...."Sack him! We got that so right

The fans were desperate to get Peter Taylor in because he was the dog's doodahs at the time.

The fans were outraged that we might get Warnock, so Mandaric picked Holloway.

"Yes! We've got Sven" said so many people on this forum and that worked out well.

Pearson's not a Mourinho or Ferguson but he's a damned sight better than a lot of the other usual suspects that are out of work right now. Given our previous track record of berating managers, wanting the best names available and watching them one-by-one bomb out, maybe the Pearson haters should just button it, back the team and be careful about what they wish for.

I can't seem to remember the fans being desperate to get Peter Taylor in, we were desperate for O Neill to stay.

If anything fails, you can always create segregated stands at the King Power. One sector for the Anti-Pearson brigade and one for the other fans.

I already know which stand will hold more people. :)

We can confine all the booing and whingeing to one stand. Good idea :thumbup:

This

The idea we wanted tater peeler in is laughable

At the time we were quite pleased we got hm, especially when we were sitting in the top 3 of the premier league... Oh how things change.

One thing I have to ask... What is wrong with hoof ball? When its done right, it can be just as entertaining as playing 37 passes around at the back before trying to move up field. We have two out and out wingers that quite often p,ay together and two forwards at the same time - there's to many teams that can say that now.

Maybe he is a Leicester City supporter, rather than a Nigel Pearson supporter.

I believe for the good of my club, we should have got rid of Pearson, but the fact he is still here will not stop me from supporting my club.

The club i have followed all my life, through thick and thin.

Sometimes it`s hard to believe on here, but Nigel Pearson is not bigger or more important than Leicester City.

One day he will be gone (probably about 10 games into next season) but god willing i will still be here long after he has left, and his managerial career drifted down the divisions.

Good post

Exactly my thoughts, and I have renewed and don't think Pearson is the right.

I renewed because I follow Leicester city, not Pearson city

I support Leicester City not Nigel Pearson whilst he remains our manager I will have to put up with him having renewed my season ticket. The huge worry for me is the financial fair play rules. We will once again have to trim the wage bill so that means a lot of the high earners will go. I do not think we will be doing much business at all transfer in wise other than the odd free or out of contract player.

I just hope we can do better than three wins in fifteen games which was our form in the latter part of last season going into the play offs. If we don't we will be fighting relegation next season. I hope the players and management realise this and improve cos if they don't on that form alne we are fooked.

Good post

Exactly my thoughts, and I have renewed and don't think Pearson is the right.

I renewed because I follow Leicester city, not Pearson city

Well said Monsey

I support Leicester not Pearson but I will back the team to the best of my ability whilst he or anybody else is in charge

Lmao some people make me laugh on here, hoof ball?? Have you been watching the same side?? We've played some great football this year, & try and remember we've in the top 6 virtually all season, we will only improve again next year, roll on August, Nigel Pearsons blue and white army!!

Lmao some people make me laugh on here, hoof ball?? Have you been watching the same side?? We've played some great football this year, & try and remember we've in the top 6 virtually all season, we will only improve again next year, roll on August, Nigel Pearsons blue and white army!!

Some people apparently think our season started in February rather than August.

Some people apparently think our season started in February rather than August.

That's what I was going to put mate!! Some people are so narrow minded seriously!! I know we haven't gone up and maybe we were over achieving with our young squad being in the top 2 tbh, but another top 6 finish under Nigel is strong and promising, to add next season and keep building we can only improve:)

I support Leicester City not Nigel Pearson whilst he remains our manager I will have to put up with him having renewed my season ticket. The huge worry for me is the financial fair play rules. We will once again have to trim the wage bill so that means a lot of the high earners will go. I do not think we will be doing much business at all transfer in wise other than the odd free or out of contract player.

I just hope we can do better than three wins in fifteen games which was our form in the latter part of last season going into the play offs. If we don't we will be fighting relegation next season. I hope the players and management realise this and improve cos if they don't on that form alne we are fooked.

I agree buddy

However trying to look positively I'm sure we will have a good start to the season and Pearson will build on the good things he has done so far, hopefully anyway

Archived