Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxKing10

Hooray 1 more hoof year

you all would of took a play off place at the begining of last season some of you were saying mid table team when we hit top of the league your expectations changed

True, but would we have taken it with the ridiculous and frankly worrying drop in form - that's the part that has me worried for this season - he didn't know how to motivate the team out of it....

It was totally spiritless and spineless, a horrible day.

After that we actually started to play some football again and scored goals.

I stand by it's the worst display I've ever seen, an absolute disgrace.

But, we should've won at Brighton, should've beat Birmingham, beat Bolton, could've certainly beat Palace, deserved to lose Watford and then of course won at Forest.

We definitely improved as a side after it. No doubt about it.

The title of this thread is ridiculous. Like Pearson or not, we are NOT a hoofball team. He has signed players like Knocky and Marshall in his time here to help play 4-4-2 and we've outpassed alot of teams this season

your statement is ridiculous, 50% of us believe we are a hoof ball team, and i would love for you to find 1 person who is not a city fan to agree with you. we are known as a hoof team everywhere outside of leicester. and where marshall is concerned he played more games for the reserves than the 1st team in the last 10 fixtures. knocky and marshall are to skillfull to start at the same time under NP.

your statement is ridiculous, 50% of us believe we are a hoof ball team, and i would love for you to find 1 person who is not a city fan to agree with you. we are known as a hoof team everywhere outside of leicester. and where marshall is concerned he played more games for the reserves than the 1st team in the last 10 fixtures. knocky and marshall are to skillfull to start at the same time under NP.

Actually it's just you and about 5 others who can't seem to shake the delusion that we played hoofball in anywhere near the majority of matches last season, and I make that about 0.01875% (of the KPS)  :thumbup:

Was having a chat with a mate on the phone this morning. My age (44) and watching City for about the same length of time as me.

We both concluded we wouldn't shed a tear if Pearson left. Nor are we bothered if he stays.

We have two main concerns:

1. Good players appear to have turned bad... Drinky, Wood and especially Marshall who we both expected to shine this season. Why? Youthful inexperience or poor coaching/management,

2. Our away form.. Which was never addressed all season really.

Of course, I expect the Pearsonites to come up with a million reasons to explain these two issues.

I don't want you to.. Just sharing what we considered were the two biggest areas for improvement.

Neither of us are gonna be renewing this season.

Similar thoughts, if the owners have no more cash to spend, then pearson maybe our best option.  With the possible quality in the division next season, I don't think Pearson will be able to get us promoted for those oints you have written eg away form

We are short on quality throughout the side IMO

Can big Nige turn it around?

Who knows? But I have my doubts

I don't think that's true, we do have a fairly decent spine in the side - Kasper, Morgan, King/James, Wood/Nugent. On their day, these are all very good Championship players and they will recover from the loss of form they went through.

I know that Wood and Nugent went off the boil big time towards the end of the season, but let's not forget that between them they've scored about 36 league goals this season - you don't just lose that ability.

We are short on quality throughout the side IMO

Can big Nige turn it around?

Who knows? But I have my doubts

I agree with you, but we are stuck with what we have in the main for next season.

I like Kasper, King, James and Nugent, the rest I am not fully convinced about, under a better manager or even just a different one they might flourish more.

I agree with you, but we are stuck with what we have in the main for next season.

I like Kasper, King, James and Nugent, the rest I am not fully convinced about, under a better manager or even just a different one they might flourish more.

A side that was top two for a time and in the top 6 for all but a couple of games of the season? Yeah, it really sucks that we're stuck with these guys. Relegation fodder for sure.

A side that was top two for a time and in the top 6 for all but a couple of games of the season? Yeah, it really sucks that we're stuck with these guys. Relegation fodder for sure.

Haha, well said mate!! So many negative people on here it's unreal:/ what's with some people we had over all a very good season & can only improve next year with our very young squad

Haha, well said mate!! So many negative people on here it's unreal:/ what's with some people we had over all a very good season & can only improve next year with our very young squad

We played for most of the season with a young,inexperieced team.Older heads,SSL,Whitbread & Wellens were injured or lacking form or fitness.It was dissappointing not to have stayed in the top two but despite it looking unlikely with 3 or 4 games to go we made the play-offs and were a kick away from Wembley

The younger,less experienced players will have learnt from their mistakes and dissappointment.

We had a small squad by coparison to other teams near the top.With 3 or 4 quality additions there is every reason for optimism

A side that was top two for a time and in the top 6 for all but a couple of games of the season? Yeah, it really sucks that we're stuck with these guys. Relegation fodder for sure.

Don't think anyone has said we are relegation fodder? :unsure:

It called a forum because we all discuss differing opinions yes?

I personally though for 2/3 of the season we were a footballing side, then when the results started to go against us we went more direct.

I don't have an issue with "long ball" football but you have to buy in one way or the other else you won't be successful.

Long ball / Hoofball what ever it really is a sad sight to see your own beloved team having to resort to doing it. But the frustrating thing is for a good part of the season we had no need to sink to that level of play. We passed it around used the wings and through balls and generaly looked like a slick passing side that was capable of putting six past the opposition.

Then to all our bewliderment it stopped and was replaced by Kasper booting the ball up field at every turn just hoping someone would get on the end of it. Now I'm not going on a Pearson bashing post ( it gets me sin binned ) but I still for the life of me cannot understand why this happened ? and more to the point what style of football can we look forward to next season ? 

Long ball / Hoofball what ever it really is a sad sight to see your own beloved team having to resort to doing it. But the frustrating thing is for a good part of the season we had no need to sink to that level of play. We passed it around used the wings and through balls and generaly looked like a slick passing side that was capable of putting six past the opposition.

Then to all our bewliderment it stopped and was replaced by Kasper booting the ball up field at every turn just hoping someone would get on the end of it. Now I'm not going on a Pearson bashing post ( it gets me sin binned ) but I still for the life of me cannot understand why this happened ? and more to the point what style of football can we look forward to next season ?

Lets hope it's sorted for next season Flowy

Would be good to see us playing flowing attacking football and not hoofball

Lets hope it's sorted for next season Flowy

Would be good to see us playing flowing attacking football and not hoofball

Yes it would be good to see our early style of play be brought back in but I don't think we will even have a best players still at the club , if Kasper goes and Morgan which seems likely what are we left with ? they are/were the backbone of the side who would be good enough to replace them ?

Yes it would be good to see our early style of play be brought back in but I don't think we will even have a best players still at the club , if Kasper goes and Morgan which seems likely what are we left with ? they are/were the backbone of the side who would be good enough to replace them ?

Yes it's worrying if we don't keep the spine if the side together Flowy, it will be interesting to see how things develop this summer

A side that was top two for a time and in the top 6 for all but a couple of games of the season? Yeah, it really sucks that we're stuck with these guys. Relegation fodder for sure.

yeah, that last third of the season was a pleasure to watch wasn't it richie boy.

yeah, that last third of the season was a pleasure to watch wasn't it richie boy.

Most of us judge a side over the whole season, rather than a couple of months when we were in poor form. I've seen what this team can do on its best day and I'm more than confident we'll see more of that next season.

But you just carry on being the eternal pessimist, it must be ****ing miserable though.

The Brighton, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bolton, Palace and Forest games weren't bad.

Well said. The Forest game was one of the best games in the past few years, let alone this season.

Archived