Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Such 'silence' from the KP ?!

Well, here we are 25 days later - and 'The Silence' has ended.  Not in the way I thought, with Nige going (either being sacked or him resigning) and a new Manager coming in - but with Boardroom changes.  Couldn't have predicted that, but I suppose, given 'The Silence', anything was possible. 

V&S have announced their Plan - Stage 1 - a new Board Member (could be Chairman, but that looks unlikely now) and a DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL.  Stage 2 is out of their hands a bit - because that depends on Nige getting 'the ump' and resigning over having a Director above him and setting Player Policy, thereby saving V&S a load of dosh (for his sacking) and helping FFP.  Stage 3 is the appointment of a new Team Coach (still titled 'Manager', 'cos they don't want any old Joe running the lads up sandhills and posting the Director's Team Sheets on the Noticeboard) - and certainly NO-ONE in the MON price-bracket (FFP again).  Stage 4 is the signing of new players (VERY interesting isn't it that Nige hasn't been allowed to sign or sell anyone, before all this broke ?!).  Stage 5 is again out of their hands - it relies on LUCK - luck that the DoF knows anything about football management (other than Stoke Academy stuff), luck that the Team Manager/Coach might be very good at posting up Team Sheets and getting the players fit (so much so, that V&S give him some Team Selections and chance to plot tactics against a few clubs) and luck that we may stay in the Championship - 'cos thats about as good as it could it get !

You were wrong at the end of May, and you're probably wrong again now.

"probably wrong" eh - I'll take that - it could mean I'm POSSIBLY right ?! ;)

No, I meant probably wrong in the sense that tomorrow will probably be Wednesday. It will be, but you can only be 99.99% sure until it happens.

At least he has an opinion.?

Not an opinion though is it? It's a prediction, a statement of very tedious doom-mongering.

And who says I don't have an opinion? I have one on pretty much everything, I just don't offer them in such pointless fashions.

Im  worried about the way that nothing has been mentioned by the club what The Thais have in mind with them getting a new Chairman and a DoF.There future plans for the club need to be heard as Im more than a little concerned with the way they have just gave up there place in the board room.

Are we a club in Crisis Im not sure but I cant be the only one concerned about where our club is heading.

Not an opinion though is it? It's a prediction, a statement of very tedious doom-mongering.

It's an opinion wrapped up in a 'spoof' prediction.  What I'm trying to do, is point out MY VIEW that the club have 'lost it', they gambled 'the house' on Nige getting us up last season - and it failed.  Nige has 'lost it' - he did his best, his best wasn't good enough.  V&S know this - they know they should have got someone in as soon as the play-offs were over - but there wasn't anyone decent around, or anyone decent who wanted to come (Lennon, MON etc). 

They're now in 'save the sinking ship mode' - land a new Chief Engineer (Robinson) by helicopter, to start the engines and a new Coxswain (Richards) to steer us away from the rocks; BUT the Captain (NP) and Officers (Shakespeare & Walsh) have locked themselves on the Bridge and are defying the owners, knowing Maritime Law is on their side (Nige is Master of the ship until the voyage is completed).  Result: stand-off.  No new crew (players) could fit in the helicopter.  Only hope, is that the Coxswain (in the Secondary Steerage position - kinky !) can heel the ship over, sufficient for the Captain to bash his head and while unconscious, the owners get the Purser (Neville) to break in and carry him off to the waiting helicopter; while the Radio Operator (Whelan) sends out distress signals, asking for a new First Officer who can take (temporary) charge to try and return to port.  If they can find a new First Officer, the plan is for the Chief Engineer to take command on the next voyage - after essential repairs (he reputedly got a Masters 'ticket' from Trent Pleasure Cruises in Stoke) and recruiting a new crew - and together try to reach Port Premier again.  Unfortunately though, the ship only has fuel tanks large enough to make it safely to Championship Harbour and (if there are any storms) they might have to divert (again) to Lega Uno.  And we don't have a good chart !

It seems obvious to me, that Pearson now has a watchdog over him, and his powers as a manager drastically reduced, with the ex Stoke City maestro pulling many of his strings. He appears to be up against the wall, waiting for the execution that will follow, if we don't make an early impact.next season. Tony Pullis is waiting in the wings, should this happen. I can feel it in my old bones. 

No, I meant probably wrong in the sense that tomorrow will probably be Wednesday. It will be, but you can only be 99.99% sure until it happens.

And who says I don't have an opinion? I have one on pretty much everything, I just don't offer them in such pointless fashions.

Calm down dear it's only a chat site. ;) anyway the silence has been broken check out midlands today !

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are 25 days later - and 'The Silence' has ended.  Not in the way I thought, with Nige going (either being sacked or him resigning) and a new Manager coming in - but with Boardroom changes.  Couldn't have predicted that, but I suppose, given 'The Silence', anything was possible. 

V&S have announced their Plan - Stage 1 - a new Board Member (could be Chairman, but that looks unlikely now) and a DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL.  Stage 2 is out of their hands a bit - because that depends on Nige getting 'the ump' and resigning over having a Director above him and setting Player Policy, thereby saving V&S a load of dosh (for his sacking) and helping FFP.  Stage 3 is the appointment of a new Team Coach (still titled 'Manager', 'cos they don't want any old Joe running the lads up sandhills and posting the Director's Team Sheets on the Noticeboard) - and certainly NO-ONE in the MON price-bracket (FFP again).  Stage 4 is the signing of new players (VERY interesting isn't it that Nige hasn't been allowed to sign or sell anyone, before all this broke ?!).  Stage 5 is again out of their hands - it relies on LUCK - luck that the DoF knows anything about football management (other than Stoke Academy stuff), luck that the Team Manager/Coach might be very good at posting up Team Sheets and getting the players fit (so much so, that V&S give him some Team Selections and chance to plot tactics against a few clubs) and luck that we may stay in the Championship - 'cos thats about as good as it could it get !

Very interesting that hardly any other Championship club was signing or selling anyone before all this broke - coincidence or transfer window? I'll let the judge decide...

Archived