Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Such 'silence' from the KP ?!

Does anyone else find it amazing, that there is such silence emanating from the club at the moment.  Every other League club is issuing Retained Lists, Managers are talking about possible targets and Boards are making statements on future plans etc etc.  Nothing from the KP.  Nige has not uttered a word to the media for a week; there have been no Press Releases about players leaving, contracts up or discussions happening; no official Statements from the Board about ANYTHING (I know many FTF Members have told me that there is no need to say anything about NP - "we HAVE a Manager in place" - blah, blah - but there is still a lot they could be saying, about Finance, FFP etc). 

I find it all very strange.  I now wait for the abuse about why anyone from the club should be saying anything, at this time !!?

Does anyone else find it amazing, that there is such silence emanating from the club at the moment.  Every other League club is issuing Retained Lists, Managers are talking about possible targets and Boards are making statements on future plans etc etc.  Nothing from the KP.  Nige has not uttered a word to the media for a week; there have been no Press Releases about players leaving, contracts up or discussions happening; no official Statements from the Board about ANYTHING (I know many FTF Members have told me that there is no need to say anything about NP - "we HAVE a Manager in place" - blah, blah - but there is still a lot they could be saying, about Finance, FFP etc). 

I find it all very strange.  I now wait for the abuse about why anyone from the club should be saying anything, at this time !!?

I completely agree.  If I didn't know better, I'd say there could be MAJOR things happening behind the scenes at the moment!  But we are talking City here.  Hardly the best at Media Management.  There could be the usual 'black hole' in communications.

Fully agree it's all rather worrying they have shut up shop and gone home. Not even statements re Beckford, or Schmeichel who are all subject to transfer speculation.

Yes and no. I can see why nothing has been said as we've just suffered a cruel defeat in the play-offs and the owners and staff probably need some time to get over it.

On the other hand it'd be handy for the fans to know what our intentions are but if the owners are considering their plan of action for the coming season then let them make that decision in due course and not be pressured in to either backing Nigel or fooking him off.

I'd personally be looking for a change but with the FFP coming in, there's some very frugal decisions needed to be made.

Fully agree it's all rather worrying they have shut up shop and gone home. Not even statements re Beckford, or Schmeichel who are all subject to transfer speculation.

I'm sorry, but since when do the club issue statements about player rumours?

Players contracts don't end until June 1st or July 1st, so usually lists come out around that time. We also don't really have many out of contract, if anyone... so that's going to be a rather empty list.

Pearson has already said he has plans for players in and out.... what more do you want? He almost said as much that we had to sell before we buy.

The owners plans I'm sure are promotion, as they were last time.

Work will be going on behind the scenes. I think we all know that money is tight, and plans are likely being discussed about what is the best way to go about our business this summer to ensure we are most effective. I've never really been worried by the silence from a club, they never announce anything that is more than what we already know. There is nothing wrong with added preparation from the manager or the board, like every summer, patience is key.

o_O

I don't understand, you want the club to comment on an online articles which happen hundreds of times a day?

On the wider point of silence, on all the rest of the stuff, what do people want - running commentary?

If there's something to announce then they'll announce until then everyone's either going about their job or on holiday which was no doubt delayed a week by the playoffs. Players contracts aren't up in May so retained list wouldn't be forthcoming until the end of the month I'd have thought.

Rumours Neville went to Thailand, if he did it's no doubt sorting out all this sort of stuff & it will be cleared up ready for everyone's return to work in a week or two

What a few other clubs do or don't do is nothing to do with what we do.

I just think the Club misses a trick with its communications. All the website seems to do is scream 'buy more stuff' at us. Interested to read Uwe Rosler's comments after Brentford's play off final defeat. He believes his players will be stronger for the experience. Arguably their disappointment is more crushing than ours. He's been open and honest.

Frankly all of us now need to get over our end of season blues, players, management, owners and fans, and move forward. Even with the team we have now I believe we are capable of beating anyone in next year's Championship. The question is how we obtain the mental strength to turn that into reality.

I don't think its strange think its just Foxestalk these threads were going up every few hours couple of seasons ago when Sven hadn't bought anyone after a week, fans were scarmongering left right and centre claiming something strange was happening and the owners had done a runner with the clubs money (not that the club had any money in the first place to run off with), as Babylon said when have the club ever sent out statements to address transfer rumours?

Doesn't help though when Pearson refuses to speak with, and completely ignores Ian Stringer. How are the local press going to get to know anything?

You think press don't talk to press contact, just like they did on Friday when Merc did their big story on Pearson's future.

A manager's obligations to the press are press briefing couple of days before match. Pre-match itself... And of course post-match... All of them to do with the errrm match.

Press officer is there for anything else, and a running commentary on trips to the toilet, what someone is having for lunch is never given

I'm glad the board and the manager are quietly getting on with their business, without any unnecessary fanfare. I've had enough of the circus this club's become over the last few seasons, with Sven getting linked with every player under the sun and talking about players he'd like to sign every other day... let's just do our business quietly, get on with things and make sure we're ready for next season. 

Smoke and fire and all that. Find it hard to believe that every rumour about NP's job security has been groundless in recent months. Suspect everyone has been arriving at decisions at the club about what the management and playing staff will look like for next year. Hopefully, that has now been put to bed one way or another. The 'Neville to Thailand' rumours would also lend some support to that. Consequently, whilst it is all a bit quiet compared to the recent press fad for linking us to everyone, one just has to have faith in the professionalism of our scouting teams that it's business as usual and that targets have been identified and discussions are underway. presumably, given the uncertainty over which league we were to be in for next season, things are just a tad behind schedule ??

Doesn't help though when Pearson refuses to speak with, and completely ignores Ian Stringer. How are the local press going to get to know anything?

Ian Stringer is not the entire local press. He's one annoying non-journalist. Radio Leicester have other jounalists that can report on club news over the summer, there's the Leicester Mercury, the official Leicester site and I'm not even counting all the national outlets that report any significant Championship news.

From what some people on here are saying, not talking to Ian Stringer is akin to a media blackout. Far from it. In fact, when was the last time Ian Stringer got any kind of exclusive, or broke any news? All he does is make speculative guesses on twitter or reports second hand news he's gotten from somewhere else. Hardly Woodward and Bernstein is he?

I'm sure that the local media will be able to get by without some commentator pretending to be a journalist.

Smoke and fire and all that. Find it hard to believe that every rumour about NP's job security has been groundless in recent months. Suspect everyone has been arriving at decisions at the club about what the management and playing staff will look like for next year. Hopefully, that has now been put to bed one way or another. The 'Neville to Thailand' rumours would also lend some support to that. Consequently, whilst it is all a bit quiet compared to the recent press fad for linking us to everyone, one just has to have faith in the professionalism of our scouting teams that it's business as usual and that targets have been identified and discussions are underway. presumably, given the uncertainty over which league we were to be in for next season, things are just a tad behind schedule ??

Hate that phrase. So, going by that, if I post enough baseless stories about you being a paedophile every day, it must be true? No smoke without fire after all.

Sports pages and websites have a lot of space to fill, and to be honest, a lot of the time they struggle to find enough interesting stuff to fill that space. That's why over the summer it's easy to just make up transfer rumours and report them as true and that's why during the season it's easy to just look at a manager who's perceived to be doing badly and make up rumours about him being replaced and then speculate on who it would be. If you trust anything you read on a sports page or website, you want your head testing - nine times out of ten it's bullshit.

To be honest, I can't but applaud the club for maintaining a tight-lipped approach.

You make it sound as if we're the only football club using that strategy (which is not true).

For years, we've been fooled and led to believe we can achieve anything with the board, the manager, the media coming up with all sorts of "highlights" or "marquee signings" and whatnot.

It's a welcome change for once, a quiet week with loads of serious work done in the background (as one can assume).

I think some of our fans (you included) are just waiting for an official statement or fancy news (regarding the manager, for instance) only to dissect it bit by bit and tear it to shreds.

Leave them to their job; it's safe to say they know what they're doing and know that we've got a lot of construction sites that ought to be taken care of.

What was it again with patience being a virtue...?

Ian Stringer is not the entire local press. He's one annoying non-journalist. Radio Leicester have other jounalists that can report on club news over the summer, there's the Leicester Mercury, the official Leicester site and I'm not even counting all the national outlets that report any significant Championship news.

From what some people on here are saying, not talking to Ian Stringer is akin to a media blackout. Far from it. In fact, when was the last time Ian Stringer got any kind of exclusive, or broke any news? All he does is make speculative guesses on twitter or reports second hand news he's gotten from somewhere else. Hardly Woodward and Bernstein is he?

I'm sure that the local media will be able to get by without some commentator pretending to be a journalist.

Ah the Filbertgate conspiracy is finally aired.

Another 1/2 hour gone and still no news! 

45 minutes now..... oh dear god... I'm not sure I will manage to get to the end of the day if they club don't release a statement soon on what Nigel had for breakfast.

I'm glad the board and the manager are quietly getting on with their business, without any unnecessary fanfare. I've had enough of the circus this club's become over the last few seasons, with Sven getting linked with every player under the sun and talking about players he'd like to sign every other day... let's just do our business quietly, get on with things and make sure we're ready for next season.

This is what I don't understand,as a club we have played our cards very close to our chests of late,and rightly so.Why on earth we would let others know our business is beyond me.

The last people I would tell would be Foxestalk.

Archived