Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Such 'silence' from the KP ?!

Discussions are underway in Thailand regarding next season. No news simply equals no decisions.

News are usually published once decisions have been made, and sometimes with some time passing in between.

I don't understand your approach to maths. No news are not automatically related to no decisions - the club will be smart enough to know which steps are newsworthy and which are not. :)

Think it's pretty safe to assume that NP will be staying in charge and the owners don't feel the need to confirm that fact, which is in itself them communicating that Pearson's job was not on the line anyway so they don't think his staying is worth confirming, just like the don't need to confirm that we will still be playing at the king power next season either.

Most players across the country will be on holiday so while clubs might be talking about deals, no players are around to confirm them.

Maybe turn off sky sports news and go outside for a walk or something?

Think it's pretty safe to assume that NP will be staying in charge and the owners don't feel the need to confirm that fact, which is in itself them communicating that Pearson's job was not on the line anyway so they don't think his staying is worth confirming, just like the don't need to confirm that we will still be playing at the king power next season either.

Most players across the country will be on holiday so while clubs might be talking about deals, no players are around to confirm them.

excellent advice or maybe watch a bit of what promises to be an interesting Summer of cricket

Hate that phrase. So, going by that, if I post enough baseless stories about you being a paedophile every day, it must be true? No smoke without fire after all.

Sports pages and websites have a lot of space to fill, and to be honest, a lot of the time they struggle to find enough interesting stuff to fill that space. That's why over the summer it's easy to just make up transfer rumours and report them as true and that's why during the season it's easy to just look at a manager who's perceived to be doing badly and make up rumours about him being replaced and then speculate on who it would be. If you trust anything you read on a sports page or website, you want your head testing - nine times out of ten it's bullshit.

Is trentfox a paedofile? How do i block comms?

Smoke and fire and all that. Find it hard to believe that every rumour about NP's job security has been groundless in recent months. Suspect everyone has been arriving at decisions at the club about what the management and playing staff will look like for next year. Hopefully, that has now been put to bed one way or another. The 'Neville to Thailand' rumours would also lend some support to that. Consequently, whilst it is all a bit quiet compared to the recent press fad for linking us to everyone, one just has to have faith in the professionalism of our scouting teams that it's business as usual and that targets have been identified and discussions are underway. presumably, given the uncertainty over which league we were to be in for next season, things are just a tad behind schedule ??

Hate that phrase. So, going by that, if I post enough baseless stories about you being a paedophile every day, it must be true? No smoke without fire after all.

Sports pages and websites have a lot of space to fill, and to be honest, a lot of the time they struggle to find enough interesting stuff to fill that space. That's why over the summer it's easy to just make up transfer rumours and report them as true and that's why during the season it's easy to just look at a manager who's perceived to be doing badly and make up rumours about him being replaced and then speculate on who it would be. If you trust anything you read on a sports page or website, you want your head testing - nine times out of ten it's bullshit.

But then you've done what you accuse papers of doing - taken one element of a paragraph out of context. 'Smoke and fire' was the opening line to allow anyone that wanted to know what I thought and where I was starting from. I then said that I find it hard to believe that every rumour was groundless. Not that you should all agree with me; or that all rumours are grounded. Just that this was a line of thought that was in my head as my way of joining the dots up ;)  And if the only person posting such 'smoke' was you, that would hardly inspire me to draw conclusions from that, surely ? But when a host of different sources tell us that his job is under threat, allied to abysmal results and performances, I'm happy to conclude that it might well be. But as sometimes seems to be the case, I fear your desire to create a controversy where one doesn't exist may have got the better of you ? Even your choice of example couldn't have been more inflammatory if you'd tried ! Good job I'm a reasonable fellow.

I'm not quite sure how Moose and Dangerous Tiger suddenly turned into the voice of reason... but I've agreed with them a couple of times in 48 hours.

I'm not quite sure how Moose and Dangerous Tiger suddenly turned into the voice of reason... but I've agreed with them a couple of times in 48 hours.

Stop it...

Go out and have a walk too and think about what you are writing!

:o

But then you've done what you accuse papers of doing - taken one element of a paragraph out of context. 'Smoke and fire' was the opening line to allow anyone that wanted to know what I thought and where I was starting from. I then said that I find it hard to believe that every rumour was groundless. Not that you should all agree with me; or that all rumours are grounded. Just that this was a line of thought that was in my head as my way of joining the dots up ;)  And if the only person posting such 'smoke' was you, that would hardly inspire me to draw conclusions from that, surely ? But when a host of different sources tell us that his job is under threat, allied to abysmal results and performances, I'm happy to conclude that it might well be. But as sometimes seems to be the case, I fear your desire to create a controversy where one doesn't exist may have got the better of you ? Even your choice of example couldn't have been more inflammatory if you'd tried ! Good job I'm a reasonable fellow.

Don't take me too seriously, it's only a joke old chum. It wasn't a personal attack on you, just the media in general and the damage they can do by just making up a few stories. My example was just to prove how absurd the whole thing is - if one paper publishes a story saying something, a few websites pick it up and run with it, maybe a couple more papers get involved and then suddenly it's perceived to be true because, well, there's no smoke without fire. It turns out there's plenty of smoke and it's very hard to see the truth through all the smog being belched out by papers and websites, desperate to stumble on that next big scoop without having to do any of that pesky journalism. Consequently, when real stories or rumours are published, it's impossible to tell the difference from the fakes. Honestly, most sports journalism should be classed as fiction.

Don't take me too seriously, it's only a joke old chum. It wasn't a personal attack on you, just the media in general and the damage they can do by just making up a few stories. My example was just to prove how absurd the whole thing is - if one paper publishes a story saying something, a few websites pick it up and run with it, maybe a couple more papers get involved and then suddenly it's perceived to be true because, well, there's no smoke without fire. It turns out there's plenty of smoke and it's very hard to see the truth through all the smog being belched out by papers and websites, desperate to stumble on that next big scoop without having to do any of that pesky journalism. Consequently, when real stories or rumours are published, it's impossible to tell the difference from the fakes. Honestly, most sports journalism should be classed as fiction.

Hope I didn't give the impression of being offended - would take a bit more than that ! Always smile at the style you use to construct your posts, and I'm still smiling as I read your responses to mine - just keeping my end up, as those jolly cricketers might say. Totally agree with your general point re journalism. But, ultimately, all any of us can do is sift through the "information" and draw our own conclusions.

Hope I didn't give the impression of being offended - would take a bit more than that ! Always smile at the style you use to construct your posts, and I'm still smiling as I read your responses to mine - just keeping my end up, as those jolly cricketers might say. Totally agree with your general point re journalism. But, ultimately, all any of us can do is sift through the "information" and draw our own conclusions.

I do like to provoke a bit of controversy, I find it makes for far more interesting discussions! :pearson:

Totally agree with the OP. I'm not a fan of releasing too much info like some clubs but it's ridiculously quiet - not even a single friendly announced either when other clubs were announcing them literally over a month ago.

News are usually published once decisions have been made, and sometimes with some time passing in between. I don't understand your approach to maths. No news are not automatically related to no decisions - the club will be smart enough to know which steps are newsworthy and which are not. :)

I wasnt guessing

Eh? I actually like it that there hasn't been any rumours, statements or sackings - bringing more upheaval to the season. If I don't hear anything until June, brilliant. Why? Because I might need blood pressure pills if there is more 'news'.

This year - bloody hell. Starts out with us getting Mr Wood, then us literally getting wood as he scores as freely as Rooney in a brothel. We go second in the table and look a million quid.

That's then followed by us crashing out of cup, going on a horrid run which sees us in relegation form, not being able to buy a league win. We slip out of the POs and everybody is miserable - with some igniting the inevitable 'Pearson out' campaign.

Then, last day of season comes around. We need not one but TWO miracles. We only go and get both of the buggers and somehow sneak in.

And then, well...Watford.

I'm going to enjoy this post-season silence. I think we all should take this time to recover and recharge our batteries for next season. As they are now staying, let Pearson and Shakespeare do the deals they need in peace. There's bugger all we can do about their decisions anyway so why get worked about it.

I'm sure in June it'll all go mad again. So chill and enjoy the silence for a bit.

Archived