Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Such 'silence' from the KP ?!

The season's just finished. I'd rather us be quiet and just get on with it rather than being in the spotlight like we have for the last 3 years.

NP and the Thais play their cards very close to their chest, imo, exactly how it should be until there is some actual news!

Players contracts don't end until June 1st or July 1st, so usually lists come out around that time. We also don't really have many out of contract, if anyone... so that's going to be a rather empty list.

Pearson has already said he has plans for players in and out.... what more do you want? He almost said as much that we had to sell before we buy.

The owners plans I'm sure are promotion, as they were last time.

About right Babs

Think it's pretty safe to assume that NP will be staying in charge and the owners don't feel the need to confirm that fact, which is in itself them communicating that Pearson's job was not on the line anyway so they don't think his staying is worth confirming, just like the don't need to confirm that we will still be playing at the king power next season either.

Most players across the country will be on holiday so while clubs might be talking about deals, no players are around to confirm them.

Maybe turn off sky sports news and go outside for a walk or something?

Sensible post

I love the silence ....

It makes forgetting about the club, the shirts, the season tickets, etc etc etc really easy.

Pretty terrible marketing and PR though.

5 days on from my original post - and the 'Silence' continues !  It's eerie - and VERY unusual - even for City (well known for their Media 'Management').  You'll gather, I've got some conspiracy theories brewing !

is our 'Silence' connected with the Dr Who crowd ?! 

I love the silence ....

It makes forgetting about the club, the shirts, the season tickets, etc etc etc really easy.

Really, only yesterday I received another email from the club flogging them... on top of the ones a few days earlier.

There have only been 6 news updates on the website in the last 48 hours... I say only! On top of the twitter and facebook daily posts.

The mercury have run their usual story a day on city.

It's only been just over a week since Pearson talked about about next season.

... but no, because the owners haven't released a pointless statement saying "errrrr we're still here, everything is as it was" the club won't sell anything?

Really, only yesterday I received another email from the club flogging them... on top of the ones a few days earlier.

There have only been 6 news updates on the website in the last 48 hours... I say only! On top of the twitter and facebook daily posts.

... but no, because the owners haven't released a pointless statement saying "errrrr we're still here, everything is as it was" the club won't sell anything?

I was going to say, I'm sick of getting emails, facebook messages and twitter updates from the club. I wish they WOULD shut up!

Ah, but that's all garbage and periphera - nothing REALLY important like Retained Lists, Statements about how good the season was, how we're really looking forward to next year etc etc.  Even nothing about Friendly dates - we ALWAYS have them by now.

Right, you asked for it. Here is my main conspiracy theory ("which is my Theory and mine alone" - to paraphrase Newman & Baddiel - if anyone else remembers them):-

Vichai and Son saw how Nige was 'struggling' with a couple of weeks of the season to go and so started to put out a few 'feelers' to see who might be available/interested if they got rid.  They spoke to Lennon, Jackett & Hughes (probably a few more - but we POSSIBLY know about those 3).  They might even had a meeting or two to clarify the interest.  Nige then 'got his act together' (well, he managed to conjure up - just - a win at the Trees).  V&S thought, "hang on - lets see what happens at the play-offs; but, just in case, we'll invite Lennon to Watford - ahd have another chat then, if necessary".  We lose (yeah !) - V&S panic, have more 'chats' with a couple at the beginning of the week after the Watford game. 

Now the good bit - they look at FT Forum, see a Poll (80% for Nige), see all the Pearsonites saying what a great guy he is, he needs to be given anothe go, unfinished business, blah blah - think, we can't get rid - YET.  They 'put out the word' (to the Merc etc) that Nige WILL be starting next season etc - but NOTHING OFFICIAL - cos' they're still looking, still talking to potential Managers (Lennon particularly, possibly MON).  Lennon says he MAY be interested - but definitely wants to wait until the Scottish Cup Final.  V&S CLOSE DOWN the City Media network - tell the PR people, "send out Season Ticket stuff, talk about Academy lads, Club Shop offers etc - but NOTHING IMPORTANT - especially nothing about what Nige is doing".

Thats where we are.  V&S waiting, waiting - waiting for Lennon to turn them down, before trying to find someone else.  Waiting for all this to come out through some 'Whistleblower'; waiting waiting - while FTF Members sing up Nige's praises and call for one more heave ......... !

There - have a go at me ?! 

I love the silence ....

One could also say that you're running out of things to pick on.

Your nitpicking-ness is running dry.

How often have you hit the refresh button on the official LCFC starting page these days only to see whether there were any news on Pearson's position within the club?

Relax.

Ah, but that's all garbage and periphera - nothing REALLY important like Retained Lists, Statements about how good the season was, how we're really looking forward to next year etc etc.  Even nothing about Friendly dates - we ALWAYS have them by now.

Right, you asked for it. Here is my main conspiracy theory ("which is my Theory and mine alone" - to paraphrase Newman & Baddiel - if anyone else remembers them):-

Vichai and Son saw how Nige was 'struggling' with a couple of weeks of the season to go and so started to put out a few 'feelers' to see who might be available/interested if they got rid.  They spoke to Lennon, Jackett & Hughes (probably a few more - but we POSSIBLY know about those 3).  They might even had a meeting or two to clarify the interest.  Nige then 'got his act together' (well, he managed to conjure up - just - a win at the Trees).  V&S thought, "hang on - lets see what happens at the play-offs; but, just in case, we'll invite Lennon to Watford - ahd have another chat then, if necessary".  We lose (yeah !) - V&S panic, have more 'chats' with a couple at the beginning of the week after the Watford game. 

Now the good bit - they look at FT Forum, see a Poll (80% for Nige), see all the Pearsonites saying what a great guy he is, he needs to be given anothe go, unfinished business, blah blah - think, we can't get rid - YET.  They 'put out the word' (to the Merc etc) that Nige WILL be starting next season etc - but NOTHING OFFICIAL - cos' they're still looking, still talking to potential Managers (Lennon particularly, possibly MON).  Lennon says he MAY be interested - but definitely wants to wait until the Scottish Cup Final.  V&S CLOSE DOWN the City Media network - tell the PR people, "send out Season Ticket stuff, talk about Academy lads, Club Shop offers etc - but NOTHING IMPORTANT - especially nothing about what Nige is doing".

Thats where we are.  V&S waiting, waiting - waiting for Lennon to turn them down, before trying to find someone else.  Waiting for all this to come out through some 'Whistleblower'; waiting waiting - while FTF Members sing up Nige's praises and call for one more heave ......... !

Erm... Are you telling me you're just bored?

Have you just been on one of these - http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/Creative-Writing-Courses.html

We only have one person out of contract, and we might be negotiating with him. The list usually gets released when contracts finished anyway, which is June 1st/July 1st.

A statement on how good the season was? Do you now know how the season went?

Friendlies? Perhaps they were waiting to see what league we were in before making plans. Last year they were announcing friendlies on the 22nd May... it's the 24th today.

Maybe there is something else going on, maybe there isn't... but if something is happening, until it actually happens nothing will be said anyway. So you will still get no news.

That is quite possibly the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read in my life and I've been on COVENTRY FORUMS. 

Have to admit the whole Lennon announcement next week rubbish had me thinking for a bit, what with their Cup final being this weekend and him being at Watford and there being a fair bit of silence on first team matters this week. Then someone pointed out that one of Watford's full-backs is Glasgow-born and I am reassured.

There's no way Lennon would swap guaranteed trophies and European adventures for a second-tier Club whose fanbase is riddled with boo-boys who want you out from the second the opposition scores against them anyway.

That Beckford story was interesting suggests NP would of accepted that fee I cannot for the life of me think why he didn't unless his job is on the line?

Because we won't get a better fee than that!

One could also say that you're running out of things to pick on.

Your nitpicking-ness is running dry.

How often have you hit the refresh button on the official LCFC starting page these days only to see whether there were any news on Pearson's position within the club?

Relax.

I'm very relaxed ..... almost to the point of disinterest ..... maybe that's typical for the close season ... just feels very flat to me. 

Having a quiet manager, and a quiet board is just ..... well a bit dull!

Archived