Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Such 'silence' from the KP ?!

This silence is indeed deafening? No retained lists? No friendlys announced yet? Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm?

How many times do you need it pointing out that a) we don't really have many out of contract players anyway and b) retained lists are often released around the date the contacts are up ie June 1st.

How many times do you need it pointing out that a) we don't really have many out of contract players anyway and b) retained lists are often released around the date the contacts are up ie June 1st.

Sorry..

Can you just point that out/explain it one more time?

lol

This silence is indeed deafening? No retained lists? No friendlys announced yet? Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm?

How many players are out of contract? No-one of any real relevance otherwise we'd have heard about it all beforehand.

Sorry..

Can you just point that out/explain it one more time?

lol

I'm sure I will have to more times in the coming days. Perhaps I should make a sticky announcement that a retained list is not a list of players the manager wants to keep or sell... But a list of players out of contract and not staying.

I'm sure I will have to more times in the coming days. Perhaps I should make a sticky announcement that a retained list is not a list of players the manager wants to keep or sell... But a list of players out of contract and not staying.

Maybe you'll have to say it again because your definitiion is wrong ...... It often contains some of the fringe players that have had their contracts ended by mutual consent or paid off.

There's also the youth squad with some stepping up and some being released.

There's almost always a surprise on the retained list. 

For me the silence is pretty obvious, and can't be good for season ticket sales. 

Maybe you'll have to say it again because your definitiion is wrong ...... It often contains some of the fringe players that have had their contracts ended by mutual consent or paid off.

For me the silence is pretty obvious, and can't be good for season ticket sales. 

It is quiet at the moment - surprised to see people denying this when we'd signed three players by this time last year. I'd put that down to the later end to the season, but the possible breakdown of the Beckford deal, the paper talk and the absence of any indications from the board that Pearson will stay on at least warrant a small question mark over his future. I heard it mentioned also that Pearson goes on a family holiday at the end of next week, so he may well have wanted to see some movement before that.

Personally I suspect that the paper talk is pure speculation (as it seems to be fairly arbitrary), Beckford is still on his way out, transfers will come and that the board see little need to be any more vocal now than they have been in the past seven or eight months. But then again, that's every bit as much a guess as those that say he's on his way out.

So it covers out of contract youth players like I said (who gives a shit about that anyway.)

As for your other point, well you are just making that up. It didn't last year and we paid off plenty. They are separate announcements made usually made as and when it's agreed.

Yes bob we are lucky to have nige for another season!! His 3 full seasons with us as gaffer he has a league 1 title after re-building, & two playoff finishes, get off his back ffs, you'd think we were struggling to stay up with negative people on here!! Does my head in:@

Chill out my old mucker it's only said tongue in cheek lol

Well sort of :unsure:

lol

Chill out my old mucker it's only said tongue in cheek lol

Well sort of :unsure:

lol

There's a lot that is said in that manner on here, just wish everyone would start to get behind our club instead of constantly moaning on here, we'll have played 2 games next season & it'll be negative whether we've won lost or drawn, fickle as the site-.-

There's a lot that is said in that manner on here, just wish everyone would start to get behind our club instead of constantly moaning on here, we'll have played 2 games next season & it'll be negative whether we've won lost or drawn, fickle as the site-.-

Relax buddy, have a cadburys cream egg or something. We shall all be behind the team come kick off whoever is in charge. As I've said many times before I really don't care who is in charge as long as we get promoted sometime soon

It is quiet at the moment - surprised to see people denying this when we'd signed three players by this time last year. I'd put that down to the later end to the season, but the possible breakdown of the Beckford deal, the paper talk and the absence of any indications from the board that Pearson will stay on at least warrant a small question mark over his future. I heard it mentioned also that Pearson goes on a family holiday at the end of next week, so he may well have wanted to see some movement before that.

Personally I suspect that the paper talk is pure speculation (as it seems to be fairly arbitrary), Beckford is still on his way out, transfers will come and that the board see little need to be any more vocal now than they have been in the past seven or eight months. But then again, that's every bit as much a guess as those that say he's on his way out.

There's no logic here .... Some people are so Pro Pearson that they can't even admit how quiet it is .... otherwise they'll be seen as disloyal to the great one.

Personally i just find it very odd.

If NP does go away soon then it's going to be a good while that we haven't done any business. Hey ho. 

There's no logic here .... Some people are so Pro Pearson that they can't even admit how quiet it is .... otherwise they'll be seen as disloyal to the great one.

Personally i just find it very odd.

If NP does go away soon then it's going to be a good while that we haven't done any business. Hey ho. 

I don't see how liking Pearson has anything to do with the current "lack" of sensationalist news surrounding our club.

when we had mad mandy in charge people wanted the idiot to shut up, now the Thai's aren't saying enough. you can't win.

my cynical side says they  are waiting till after the earlybird deadline to make announcmeents about his war chest (or lack of it), to stem the bleeding on ST. plus players are contracted till end of june.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, but that's all garbage and periphera - nothing REALLY important like Retained Lists, Statements about how good the season was, how we're really looking forward to next year etc etc.  Even nothing about Friendly dates - we ALWAYS have them by now.

Right, you asked for it. Here is my main conspiracy theory ("which is my Theory and mine alone" - to paraphrase Newman & Baddiel - if anyone else remembers them):-

Vichai and Son saw how Nige was 'struggling' with a couple of weeks of the season to go and so started to put out a few 'feelers' to see who might be available/interested if they got rid.  They spoke to Lennon, Jackett & Hughes (probably a few more - but we POSSIBLY know about those 3).  They might even had a meeting or two to clarify the interest.  Nige then 'got his act together' (well, he managed to conjure up - just - a win at the Trees).  V&S thought, "hang on - lets see what happens at the play-offs; but, just in case, we'll invite Lennon to Watford - ahd have another chat then, if necessary".  We lose (yeah !) - V&S panic, have more 'chats' with a couple at the beginning of the week after the Watford game. 

Now the good bit - they look at FT Forum, see a Poll (80% for Nige), see all the Pearsonites saying what a great guy he is, he needs to be given anothe go, unfinished business, blah blah - think, we can't get rid - YET.  They 'put out the word' (to the Merc etc) that Nige WILL be starting next season etc - but NOTHING OFFICIAL - cos' they're still looking, still talking to potential Managers (Lennon particularly, possibly MON).  Lennon says he MAY be interested - but definitely wants to wait until the Scottish Cup Final.  V&S CLOSE DOWN the City Media network - tell the PR people, "send out Season Ticket stuff, talk about Academy lads, Club Shop offers etc - but NOTHING IMPORTANT - especially nothing about what Nige is doing".

Thats where we are.  V&S waiting, waiting - waiting for Lennon to turn them down, before trying to find someone else.  Waiting for all this to come out through some 'Whistleblower'; waiting waiting - while FTF Members sing up Nige's praises and call for one more heave ......... !

There - have a go at me ?! 

Well, here we are 25 days later - and 'The Silence' has ended.  Not in the way I thought, with Nige going (either being sacked or him resigning) and a new Manager coming in - but with Boardroom changes.  Couldn't have predicted that, but I suppose, given 'The Silence', anything was possible. 

V&S have announced their Plan - Stage 1 - a new Board Member (could be Chairman, but that looks unlikely now) and a DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL.  Stage 2 is out of their hands a bit - because that depends on Nige getting 'the ump' and resigning over having a Director above him and setting Player Policy, thereby saving V&S a load of dosh (for his sacking) and helping FFP.  Stage 3 is the appointment of a new Team Coach (still titled 'Manager', 'cos they don't want any old Joe running the lads up sandhills and posting the Director's Team Sheets on the Noticeboard) - and certainly NO-ONE in the MON price-bracket (FFP again).  Stage 4 is the signing of new players (VERY interesting isn't it that Nige hasn't been allowed to sign or sell anyone, before all this broke ?!).  Stage 5 is again out of their hands - it relies on LUCK - luck that the DoF knows anything about football management (other than Stoke Academy stuff), luck that the Team Manager/Coach might be very good at posting up Team Sheets and getting the players fit (so much so, that V&S give him some Team Selections and chance to plot tactics against a few clubs) and luck that we may stay in the Championship - 'cos thats about as good as it could it get !

Well, here we are 25 days later - and 'The Silence' has ended.  Not in the way I thought, with Nige going (either being sacked or him resigning) and a new Manager coming in - but with Boardroom changes.  Couldn't have predicted that, but I suppose, given 'The Silence', anything was possible. 

V&S have announced their Plan - Stage 1 - a new Board Member (could be Chairman, but that looks unlikely now) and a DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL.  Stage 2 is out of their hands a bit - because that depends on Nige getting 'the ump' and resigning over having a Director above him and setting Player Policy, thereby saving V&S a load of dosh (for his sacking) and helping FFP.  Stage 3 is the appointment of a new Team Coach (still titled 'Manager', 'cos they don't want any old Joe running the lads up sandhills and posting the Director's Team Sheets on the Noticeboard) - and certainly NO-ONE in the MON price-bracket (FFP again).  Stage 4 is the signing of new players (VERY interesting isn't it that Nige hasn't been allowed to sign or sell anyone, before all this broke ?!).  Stage 5 is again out of their hands - it relies on LUCK - luck that the DoF knows anything about football management (other than Stoke Academy stuff), luck that the Team Manager/Coach might be very good at posting up Team Sheets and getting the players fit (so much so, that V&S give him some Team Selections and chance to plot tactics against a few clubs) and luck that we may stay in the Championship - 'cos thats about as good as it could it get !

I agree, that is very illuminating!

Archived