Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Best team in the last few years

Curtis Davies was quality, although he only played a handful of games.

Again, if I recollect, Davies (who has looked quality everywhere he's been) actually started well at City then came to look very ordinary didn't he? Another one...

lol

Again, if I recollect, Davies (who has looked quality everywhere he's been) actually started well at City then came to look very ordinary didn't he? Another one...

lol

I can't remember too much, I can remember going to certain games where he looked good, such as Leeds away. He is a very good defender at this level though, was impressed with him this season again for Birmingham... I wouldn't be surprised if his ability somewhat decreased here though lol

Personally I don't think Davies deserves to be in ours. Not saying I doubt his ability but he was with us for a short time to judge him properly.

It really doesen't matter about the time frame players are with us by the looks of it, cus I'd say around 50% of people on here have put dyer in their best 11 of the last few years & as you know, he has been with us a fair while now & in the main been crap. Some people have even got Wellens & dyer in the same 11???? We have had Davies, cleverly, king, & knockaert in midfield over the last few years!!!!!!!!!

Wellens and Dyer should be in the team ahead of Cleverley though. As should James, Fernandes, Abe, Gallagher and Marshall.

At least they have had some great games.

Cleverley had a handful of average performances for us and that was it, he never had even one great game for us at all. I'm baffled so many people are putting him in our team based on just a few average performances. Matty James for example already far eclipsed Cleverley in just the last few matches of last season. Cleverley was simply bang average and forgettable for us.

Davies on the other hand did look well above average, but is 4 or 5 great performances in League One really enough to put him ahead of again someone like Matty James who has has much more than that in the Championship this season?

lol

Totally agree. Fest few games Curtis Davies looked a real rolls Royce defender. Then he turned very average and I wasn't bothered we didn't keep him. Seems to have improved at Bham though

Having just read all through this topic and the so-called "best" players mentioned, it's hardly a surprise that we've be languishing in the Championship for so long.  Utterly depressing!

Archived