Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Steve Corica...often forgotten but I thought was pretty good...others opinions?

From what i can remember Taylor picked up a lengthy injury not long after O'Neill came and as a result when he was fit again the team had moved on so much that he couldn't get back in the side. Cracking player until the injury though. Corica broke his leg and was never the same player again.

My first hamster was named Filbert and my second was named Scotty (after Taylor). Had blonde hair so it seemed appropriate. Didn't have one called Corica though.

I named my Rat after corica slunk of to Wolves and my African Toad was named Mc Gee.

[wow we got promoted with Rogers, McKinlay and Summerbee in our team! Can't remember them being any good at all! ]

Walker, Sinclair, Elliott, Taggart, Rogers, Impey, Izzet, McKinlay, Stewart, Dickov, Scowcroft, Summerbee, Benjamin, Deane, Davidson, Heath.

Kaamark-wow undoubtedly awesome player for City...always remembered for having Juninho in his pocket :-)

Oh yes...quality buy by McGhee...again, injured in the first few games, come back with a bang the next season.

I think he even filled his car with diesel when the car was a petrol...read that in the The Fox...many years ago......class player though

[wow we got promoted with Rogers, McKinlay and Summerbee in our team! Can't remember them being any good at all! ]

Walker, Sinclair, Elliott, Taggart, Rogers, Impey, Izzet, McKinlay, Stewart, Dickov, Scowcroft, Summerbee, Benjamin, Deane, Davidson, Heath.

McKinlay was excellent that season and one of our most underrated players of the past decade I'd say.

Summerbee was decent enough and was in and out of the side I seem to remember anyway as we largely played Scowcroft on the right wing.

Oldfield was great, and didn't he play for the 5 asides and scored shed loads.

He was around the same time as Steve Agnew and Phil Gee wasn't he...

Correct.....Phil Gee had a good start to the 92/93 season but wandered off.

Agnew was never given a good run in the team, he did take on all of the Millwall team single handed in one big brawl at Filbert Street...

Did Phil Gee come as a double deal with Sticks?

Yes.

Don't talk ill of the Spider! He single-handedly won us the 1996 Playoff Final!

Sort of but hands isnt really the right word!!

Had he needed them we would have beem ****ed.

Corica's from the same small North Queensland town as my wife, and is friendly with the family. I asked him once about his Leicester days but got the strong impression he didn't have fond memories. Not sure he got on with O'Neill and I'm sure I've seen a quote from O'Neill somewhere saying "Corica wasn't as good as he thought he was"

Personally I thought he was a cracking player for us. Also watched his last couple of seasons as a player at Sydney FC. Again he was a class act....a smart player and very good on the ball.

He's first team coach at Sydney these days, where he gets to sit on the bench next to Kalac who is the goalkeeping coach. Can't imagine Zeljko would have fond memories of his Leicester days either...

Archived