Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Steve Corica...often forgotten but I thought was pretty good...others opinions?

Not too many bloopers, but he wasn't the best at keeping the ball out of his net. Plenty of shots flying past him from 30 yards out. Was he in goal for the 1-4 reverse to Wednesday or was that Logan?

Oldfield was not useless!!

:angry:

He was really good until he broke his leg, that seems a recurring theme in this thread.

Corica started with a bang, scored on his debut away at Sunderland when nobody knew who he was and he hadn't been with us long enough to get his name in the Sunderland programme. He scored first with a cracking shot, Agnew equalised and have it large in front of the Leicester fans, and Mark Robins got the winner. But Corica never really lived up to the early promise only scored one more goal and made just 16 appearances that season, but I'll never forget his debut.

He was really good until he broke his leg, that seems a recurring theme in this thread.

Corica started with a bang, scored on his debut away at Sunderland when nobody knew who he was and he hadn't been with us long enough to get his name in the Sunderland programme. He scored first with a cracking shot, Agnew equalised and have it large in front of the Leicester fans, and Mark Robins got the winner. But Corica never really lived up to the early promise only scored one more goal and made just 16 appearances that season, but I'll never forget his debut.

I'll never forget his second for us, away at Millwall. Apparently it was a cracker....but for the only time in my life I left my seat early to get a half time cuppa. I got to the bottom of the stairs, heard the roar, ran back up, then ran down again to watch the replay on the tea bar monitors...only to miss that too

I do wonder if Mark McGhee team would off, took us up that season. We played some great football but also had some shit results I.e Southend at home. Sheff Utd away we were excellent. The team at the start of the season was completely different to the one at the end aswell.

Corica was good for us for the short stint of games he played. Curious to know what people thought of our record signing a year earlier in Mark Draper.

Best player in a team that looked out of its depth. Only him and Joachim looked like they belonged in the prem. I know some went on to play successfully in the prem later in their careers, but that season we were just collectively and individually not good enough.

I think the team that got us promoted under little. Where always going to go down. Was a awful squad and probably the worst in premiership history. Alot of dead wood and the signings apart from Draper where shite ... I.e Nicky Mohan. Brian Little had some kind of back problem and missed all pre season training aswell.

I think the team that got us promoted under little. Where always going to go down. Was a awful squad and probably the worst in premiership history. Alot of dead wood and the signings apart from Draper where shite ... I.e Nicky Mohan. Brian Little had some kind of back problem and missed all pre season training aswell.

I thought Mohan was signed by McGhee. I can only remember us signing Draper pre season, we signed Franz Carr not long into the season and Mark Robins, Jamie Lawrence and Garry Parker were signed later on by McGhee.

Actually I'm not sure about Mohan now.

I thought Mohan was signed by McGhee. I can only remember us signing Draper pre season, we signed Franz Carr not long into the season and Mark Robins, Jamie Lawrence and Garry Parker were signed later on by McGhee.

I think your merging seasons into one.

Draper was signed by little and only here for our one season the the top flight.

Parker was in the side that got us back up under oneill. Not sure when he joined but i thought he was an oneill signing.

Robins definately wasnt with us until the oneill years as oneill paid a million for him.

Draper was signed by little and only here for our one season the the top flight.

Parker was in the side that got us back up under oneill. Not sure when he joined but i thought he was an oneill signing.

Robins definately wasnt with us until the oneill years as oneill paid a million for him.

Mcghee signed Robins and Parker.

McGhee signed Robins January time, he scored, possibly his only goal, against Man city in a wash out when we won 1-0 other than that was very disappointing. Parker was signed later with Franz Carr going the other way, didn't have much impact in the prem, but made a cracking start to the following season, scoring in our first 3 games I think.

Corica was good for us for the short stint of games he played. Curious to know what people thought of our record signing a year earlier in Mark Draper.

Mark Draper was fantastic for us throughout. Went rubbish when he signed for Villa for some reason.

Well fcuk my. My mind is playing tricks.

I never realised robins was here that long. I guess that's what the drinking on a matchday does to you.

How many games did Parker play for us in the relegation season then? Not sure I have any memory of him playing for us that season.

Archived