Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Would you keep the squad exactly as it is?

It seems like none of you are really seeing the reasoning behind this post, surely im not the only person worried about loosing key players? If we start next season without Kasper, Morgan and King we will finish mid table. With the current squad we easily have potential for top 2-6th

We don't at all. This squad produced relegation form in 2013.

With a few additions I agree we can be up there with the best, but if we were to keep this whole squad for next year? Somewhere like 8th at best.

I'm sorry but this is a silly question.

Our squad came up short last season, and went on a run of relegation for during the last 3 months of the season.

Would I keep it exactly the same? With umpteen our of favour unsettled players lurking around like a fart in a lift?

I mean, Really?

By god we are all short of concrete news to feed our Foxes withdrawal!?

We don't at all. This squad produced relegation form in 2013.

With a few additions I agree we can be up there with the best, but if we were to keep this whole squad for next year? Somewhere like 8th at best.

Whilst I want to see new blood too you could argue its the same squad that produced promotion form for the first 27/28 games....

Had we started guff and had a really good end to the season would the assumption be the same?

The squad wasn't good enough at the start of last season.

Ill say it again:

1. We need more STEEL... The team is too 'nice' for want of a better word. The midfield needs a tough tackling, tall, defensive minded midfielder.

2. We need another strong centre-back. To form a long-term partnership with Wes.

3. We need another left back.

4. We need a pacy right winger.

Finally, to fund said players we need to offload Beckford, Danns, Gally, Wellens and Konchesky.

If I were the manager that's what I'd be looking to do. The current squad isn't far off. But it needs shedding and then improving.

IMO.

Agree with this. Squad certainly looked deficient at start and so it proved. Too many forwards - most of whom don't have too many goals in them. Too few tactical options on the bench. Too little cover/competition in defence and centre mid.

James and King strong combination but can they do a 46 game season at that level? Drinkwater good option on the bench but someone who offers something different - steel is the right word - is crucial. . If Whitbread couldn't get past Keane for a starting place you do have to assume we need a regular centre back pairing for Wes. Konchesky/Schlupp totally inadequate options at left back for next season. Still not utterly convinced by De Laet defensively and would like to see Moore given more outings at RB. Not sure about the winger, I assume Marshall will have a better season - certainly has the potential to be strong at this level. Agree with the offloads would add Vardy and Futacs and possibly Waghorn (still can't accept he won't eventually recover his first season form for us).  As you say - not far off.

We don't want another 10 in, 10 out season again. Essentially, we have the nucleus of a decent side but we need much more quality going forward.

I'd say at the very least we need a new CB, LB, at least one new CM and someone (please God, someone!) who can actually play on the left wing.

Ill say it again:

1. We need more STEEL... The team is too 'nice' for want of a better word. The midfield needs a tough tackling, tall, defensive minded midfielder.

2. We need another strong centre-back. To form a long-term partnership with Wes.

Finally, to fund said players we need to offload Beckford, Danns, Gally, Wellens and Konchesky.

If I were the manager that's what I'd be looking to do. The current squad isn't far off. But it needs shedding and then improving.

IMO.

Broadly agree with you Col

Would cull a few others aswell mind

Agree with this. Squad certainly looked deficient at start and so it proved. Too many forwards - most of whom don't have too many goals in them. Too few tactical options on the bench. Too little cover/competition in defence and centre mid.

James and King strong combination but can they do a 46 game season at that level? Drinkwater good option on the bench but someone who offers something different - steel is the right word - is crucial. . If Whitbread couldn't get past Keane for a starting place you do have to assume we need a regular centre back pairing for Wes. Konchesky/Schlupp totally inadequate options at left back for next season. Still not utterly convinced by De Laet defensively and would like to see Moore given more outings at RB. Not sure about the winger, I assume Marshall will have a better season - certainly has the potential to be strong at this level. Agree with the offloads would add Vardy and Futacs and possibly Waghorn (still can't accept he won't eventually recover his first season form for us).  As you say - not far off.

To be honest, I'd even hesitate to call that a 'strong' midfield combination.

King was probably our best player in the two play-off games, but people forget just how awful he was for the overwhelming majority of the season. Nowhere near good enough for a promotion side.

To be honest, I'd even hesitate to call that a 'strong' midfield combination.

King was probably our best player in the two play-off games, but people forget just how awful he was for the overwhelming majority of the season. Nowhere near good enough for a promotion side.

Yes I share your doubts but giving players the benefit of the doubt on the assumption we shouldn't make changes unless we have to - James and King at the end of the season, was probably the best combination we came up with. They did dominate games, James seemed a fairly complete all rounder , King improved on the physical side but they didn't look unbeatable especially in a 3v2.

Lowe from Blackburn would be a good CM, seen him play a couple of times for blackburn and being picked ahead of the likes of Mceachran and Chalobah for the U21 side.

Stuart Pearce is a shithole of a manager and a F****t bastard as well so, him picking Lowe over those two midfielders isn't good judgement.

It seems like none of you are really seeing the reasoning behind this post, surely im not the only person worried about loosing key players? If we start next season without Kasper, Morgan and King we will finish mid table. With the current squad we easily have potential for top 2-6th

With the current squad, we're way over the top of the 60% limit of turnover on wages. We could go with it but we'll be sanctioned with a transfer embargo if we don't get promotion. Is it worth the risk?

17 replies and nobody has suggested that we need to change the manager yet?

Who would you change your manager to? There's nobody out there and in fairness Pearson record is 1 division championship and two playoffs in 3 and a half years.  Not that bad really.  To change thye manager would be hugely costly and would just set us back further.  A slimming of the squad and the likely sale of kasper will hopefully loosen up some funds.  For me I'd like to see us buy a center back and a defensive mid and a striker.  One or two of these could be solved through some clever loans though.  

My biggest issue is that I think the squad possesses enough quality.But tactically we are a little inept.  Knockeart for example is a number 10 trequartista for me, not a classic right winger.  He likes to float, play between the lines and is awful defensively so why continue to play him in right mid where his weaknesses are exposed and what was the deal with Harry Kane????!!!

Nobody is in a position to spend so most teams will be sticking with the same squad.  We have a good young squad who can improve. If we can maintain progress and keep our best players we'll have a decent chance,  Pearson must develop and learn with the squad. 

Who would you change your manager to? There's nobody out there and in fairness Pearson record is 1 division championship and two playoffs in 3 and a half years.  Not that bad really.  To change thye manager would be hugely costly and would just set us back further.  A slimming of the squad and the likely sale of kasper will hopefully loosen up some funds.  For me I'd like to see us buy a center back and a defensive mid and a striker.  One or two of these could be solved through some clever loans though.  

My biggest issue is that I think the squad possesses enough quality.But tactically we are a little inept.  Knockeart for example is a number 10 trequartista for me, not a classic right winger.  He likes to float, play between the lines and is awful defensively so why continue to play him in right mid where his weaknesses are exposed and what was the deal with Harry Kane????!!!

Nobody is in a position to spend so most teams will be sticking with the same squad.  We have a good young squad who can improve. If we can maintain progress and keep our best players we'll have a decent chance,  Pearson must develop and learn with the squad. 

I am sure a dodgy start to the season will see and change in Manager, and with that in mind would it not be more prudent to change now when a new man would have a chance to mould his squad?

Just a thought.

Ill say it again:

IMO.

Exactly what he's trying to do. If only we could swap him for Sven when Sven had the financial freedom to do whatever he wanted.

Archived