Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Knockaert in The Guardian's European goal of the season poll

He acknowledged that it was a cheeky flick though.

I don't think Knocky's goal is the second best in the whole year but I don't agree with his reasoning., you can fluke almost any goal. Shit players have scored amazing volleys before.

Ah, my mistake. Didn't read the post properly :D

Knocky's backheel was far better than most backheels. He set himself still (most of the others seem to be falling over/ahead of the ball) knew exactly what he was doing and his balance for it was perfect.

Perhaps not goal of the season, but definitely deserved to be fairly high in that poll.

tumblr_lwg6cwaMzA1qzjix8.gif

Smithies palmed it into his own net.

Also disappointed when you type Knockaert into youtube, second most searched thing is Knockaert dive, and his goals against Huddersfield are fourth.

The comments seem appreciative of Knockaerts effort on the whole. If people are going to say it was a fluke, or an own goal then you can quite easily say that Ibrahimovic's was a woeful piece of goalkeeping which gave him an empty net.

GuardianTom makes a good point about the move for the goal aswell, and even Knockaerts booking beforehand, which on other days could easily have been a red.

Archived