Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Knockaert in The Guardian's European goal of the season poll

I can see why the Ibrahimovic goal is top but what I can't understand is why the Suarez goal is second. I know the control was top class but that's what I expect from a Premiership footballer, that's what seperates them from lower league players. It wasn't that special, all he's actually done is bring it down, taken it past a commited and exposed goalkeeper and tapped it into an empty net.

I think people are either Liverpool fans or blinded by the fact that Suarez was carrying them for most of the season.

Someone with no life (kingfox) needs to get him to recognize it on Twitter. Should get him some more votes and cheer him up after Watford!

Got more important things to be concerned about.

I really don't get the hype about the Ibra goal - the bounce was very kind for him and there was no goalkeeper to beat.  There have definitely been better goals this year both in terms of technique and obstacles to the ball reaching the net. Having looked at all the goals on the list, here are the goals I esteem to be better than Ibra's: I started making that list but decided it was simpler to list the one's which I think his was better than:  Lewandowski, Weimann. Martinez.  That is all.

I can see why the Ibrahimovic goal is top but what I can't understand is why the Suarez goal is second. I know the control was top class but that's what I expect from a Premiership footballer, that's what seperates them from lower league players. It wasn't that special, all he's actually done is bring it down, taken it past a commited and exposed goalkeeper and tapped it into an empty net.

I think people are either Liverpool fans or blinded by the fact that Suarez was carrying them for most of the season.

I think you are forgetting the defender snapping at his heels, he had so little time to react, the speed of thought his skill, control and composure with the keeper in front and defender on his heels. It really was a superb goal.

I think you are forgetting the defender snapping at his heels, he had so little time to react, the speed of thought his skill, control and composure with the keeper in front and defender on his heels. It really was a superb goal.

You could argue that that made his mind up for him. It's a very well taken goal but it's not like he's made something out of nothing.

If you're a top class professional footballer you expect that kind of touch and composure, surely? I don't think he's really done anything particularly special. On a good day I could have scored that, the first touch is good but after that it's pretty simple, the keeper comes out and when that happens it's an instinct to take it round him because he was already on top of him.

Taking it round the keeper in those instances looks pretty cool but it isn't that difficult.

You could argue that that made his mind up for him. It's a very well taken goal but it's not like he's made something out of nothing.

If you're a top class professional footballer you expect that kind of touch and composure, surely? I don't think he's really done anything particularly special. On a good day I could have scored that, the first touch is good but after that it's pretty simple, the keeper comes out and when that happens it's an instinct to take it round him because he was already on top of him.

Taking it round the keeper in those instances looks pretty cool but it isn't that difficult.

You're a better player than I am then, how many times do you see a player do what he did? I have never seen a goal like that, normally when you take it round the keeper you have time and are one on one and are running with the ball under your control. 

Most players in that position would either try a snap shot on the volley,try and head it over the keeper or take a touch and shoot, probably straight at the keeper, that is why Krul was in that position, the other 2 are just chancing it and have a low success rate.

What he did was just pure class, and if it is so expected of a world class player show me a couple of players who have done the same.

I'm quite surprised other clubs haven't hijacked this poll as we have done. We're either extremely well organised or extremely petty.

On that note, make sure everyone's voted, we've got until midday tomorrow!!!

Petty?  Us?  Knocky shouldn't be on here. This goal is from October and that's from last year... Oh wait, what?  That's still this season?  Why is Nugent shit again then?  :ph34r:

Archived