Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Knockaert in The Guardian's European goal of the season poll

Just voted too...can only vote once tho!

Go to your browser settings and clear the cookies/empty the cache. The site forgets you were ever there (though still counts previous votes) so you can vote again :D

You're a better player than I am then, how many times do you see a player do what he did? I have never seen a goal like that, normally when you take it round the keeper you have time and are one on one and are running with the ball under your control. 

Most players in that position would either try a snap shot on the volley,try and head it over the keeper or take a touch and shoot, probably straight at the keeper, that is why Krul was in that position, the other 2 are just chancing it and have a low success rate.

What he did was just pure class, and if it is so expected of a world class player show me a couple of players who have done the same.

It's more difficult to do it then, the keeper can set himself and wait for you to make the first move. On this occassion, the goalkeeper had already decided he was coming out to close it down and was off balance, Suarez had his decision made for him and only had to knock it to the side.

That was the most obvious choice, I've been in that position when I've been playing, the goalkeeper closes you down and you can see he's commited, that's when it's the easiest to take it round him. I'd struggle if I was clean through and there was 10-20 yards for me to think about it and for him to set himself.

Now you're asking me to find identical goals? Come off it. I can think of a couple by world class players that are similar, but that's because they are famous players. I'm sure there are examples of other players doing that who aren't even world class, but you can't expect me to to come up with them at the drop of a hat, because nobody remembers or cares about them unless they are scored by someone with a huge reputation, hence why it's overrated. And even if I could, what would it prove?

Like I said, it's a well taken goal, it was a classy bit of play because his first touch in particular was spot on, but we're talking about goal of the year here.

having watched simon cox's goal for the first time ever, it's almost unbelievable. i obviously voted knockaert, but cox's was out of this world.

Not that great. Knocky's were definitely better, surprised Vydra's didn't get a lot of votes that was a decent finish IMO

Let's bask in our glory...

4ncc3.png

This comment made me laugh...

@StovieMuncher - For me, a truly brilliant goal is one that I could never pull off no matter how many times I tried it. Once in a while I'll fluke one in from way outside the box or pull off a cheeky flick like that Knockaert one. But I can categorically state that I will never pull off a piece of technique like the Ibra, RVP or Suarez goals. It baffles me that Knockaert's goal has made it to number 2.

This comment made me laugh...

I'm gonna give that guy the benefit of the doubt on this one. The video that showed knockaerts goal is the one which has both of his goals from that game. The guy probably saw the first one and didn't watch the second.. 

I'm gonna give that guy the benefit of the doubt on this one. The video that showed knockaerts goal is the one which has both of his goals from that game. The guy probably saw the first one and didn't watch the second.. 

He acknowledged that it was a cheeky flick though.

I don't think Knocky's goal is the second best in the whole year but I don't agree with his reasoning., you can fluke almost any goal. Shit players have scored amazing volleys before.

I don't think Knocky's goal is the second best in the whole year but I don't agree with his reasoning., you can fluke almost any goal. Shit players have scored amazing volleys before.

It's ridiculous how if you manage to get the ball in the top corner it's instantly some incredible goal. I really think it is a basic requirement for a player to be able to hit the target from outside the box, but you see very wank goals up for goal of the month on MOTD or whatever.

If you're even thinking of suggesting Coatsworth I will ****ingmurder you.

This post has just reminded me of Lilian Nalis. :wub:

I personally don't think Knocky's goal is even that good, as said before it's something I know I could do on the odd occasion. However I know I'd never score one like his first against Huddersfield and I strongly doubt I'd be able to pull off his 2nd against Huddersfield at home.

I think it's so highly rated because it's different.

I personally don't think Knocky's goal is even that good, as said before it's something I know I could do on the odd occasion. However I know I'd never score one like his first against Huddersfield and I strongly doubt I'd be able to pull off his 2nd against Huddersfield at home.

I think it's so highly rated because it's different.

I disagree, I often try little flicks and stretches to get something on it, but I have never done it for a cross going behind me like that, if it is going over my head, or it goes past me, it is possible to get a little flick on it because you can watch it in past or over you and it is much easier to judge.

To have someone whip in a cross that is behind you, to keep an eye on it you have to twist towards it, then you'll be off balance.

The reason why it is different is that most players wouldn't even attempt it.

Archived