Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Knockaert in The Guardian's European goal of the season poll

Guest MattP

Voted but sadly it has virtually no chance of winning since most people won't look past that Ibrahimovic goal  :(

To be fair out of the lot it's the only one anyone should be voting for. It's a absolutely World class strike.

To be fair to Stringer, I was right behind that strike, and I can safely say the replays pay the goal no justice as the cameras were at a high vantage point. The ball moved so much in the air. Started right and dipped left, complete with wobbles. The replay just makes it look like a decent hit that the keeper might have dealt better with.

I left the game in two minds of which was the better goal.

agreed i thought it was better of the two when i came out the ground, must have been the surprise factor too

Really don't understand what all the fuss is about with the Ibrahimovic Goal. 

People said it took guts - why? If it had been a competitive game, with a more relevant scoreline, then maybe but it was the last minute in a pointless friendly that was already won.

Meh.

99 times out of a hundred he'd look an idiot for trying and failing.

Completely agree, most overrated goal I've ever known. No way should it be that far ahead.

The technique that Knocky used was nothing short of spectacular.

Hand on heart actually one of the best goals I think I've ever seen.

Christ he was good at that time of the season. It's a major major shame it didn't continue.

Just because he couldn't score a once in a lifetime goal twice doesn't mean he was playing that badly for the rest of the season! That goal at home v Hudders was nearly as good as the away one, and he had a few very good performances later on in the season

Just because he couldn't score a once in a lifetime goal twice doesn't mean he was playing that badly for the rest of the season! That goal at home v Hudders was nearly as good as the away one, and he had a few very good performances later on in the season

I'm sorry mate. The player I saw went from pretty much hero to zero in the space of a few weeks. As did the rest of the team.

The Knocky we saw scoring those wonder goals, to then be sidelined for quite a long stretch was a little bizarre.

Then again, last season was possibly the strangest for quite some time don't you think? To be THAT GOOD, to then be shite almost overnight... Still hasn't been explained. It should be. People want to know the answer IMO.

I'm sorry mate. The player I saw went from pretty much hero to zero in the space of a few weeks. As did the rest of the team.

The Knocky we saw scoring those wonder goals, to then be sidelined for quite a long stretch was a little bizarre.

Then again, last season was possibly the strangest for quite some time don't you think? To be THAT GOOD, to then be shite almost overnight... Still hasn't been explained. It should be. People want to know the answer IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfViUP-Ynaw He hasn't lost it, watch that and  I'm fairly confident you'll see a lot more of it next season. If he was capable of doing it every time he got the ball he would've been bought by a Prem club the second the transfer window opened.

He was one of the better players in the Watford game away.

Before the away leg, OPTA tweeted a stat saying he had a hand in 4 of our last 5 goals or something like that.

People said it took guts - why? If it had been a competitive game, with a more relevant scoreline, then maybe but it was the last minute in a pointless friendly that was already won.

Meh.

Which makes it a moment of sheer brilliance, surely?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfViUP-Ynaw He hasn't lost it, watch that and I'm fairly confident you'll see a lot more of it next season. If he was capable of doing it every time he got the ball he would've been bought by a Prem club the second the transfer window opened.

If you want to look through your 'blue tinted Specs' :P and suggest that Knocky retained his great form throughout the latter half of the season then be my guest..

The player I saw suddenly became frustrated, running into blind alleys, and if I remember was used as a substitute for quite a few games?

However, as I've said before, I think he's the key. The talisman in the side.

It's a case of getting the best out of the player. Play him CORRECTLY and he's a real asset.

Guest ttfn

Did we ever find out the results of the City goal of the season?

Knockaert scored 3 against Huddersfield alone which would have been worthy and played a major role in the sheer outrageousness of Nugent's against Forest, which was another of my favourites.

Joint second on percentages now! (Although about 15 votes behind RVP and 20 votes behind Suarez.)

Would be great if we can get this to second! Anybody that hasn't voted, get voting!

Meh.

Which is what makes it unique and goal of the season worthy. You could say the exact same thing about the Knockaert goal. The reason it's a good goal is because people don't score them type of goals week in week out. 

Meh.

Agree with that, I would also never call a goal great when it came from such a fvck up by the keeper. It was speculative and massively lucky, if it had gone in in a more direct manner, rather than up in the air, it would be more impressive, but awful keeping and a lucky shot don't make a great goal in my eyes.

Edit: Although Knocky's goal was technically an og wasn't it?

Agree with that, I would also never call a goal great when it came from such a fvck up by the keeper. It was speculative and massively lucky, if it had gone in in a more direct manner, rather than up in the air, it would be more impressive, but awful keeping and a lucky shot don't make a great goal in my eyes.

Edit: Although Knocky's goal was technically an og wasn't it?

Was wondering if somebody would mention that...

Joint second on percentages now! (Although about 15 votes behind RVP and 20 votes behind Suarez.)

Would be great if we can get this to second! Anybody that hasn't voted, get voting!

if you vote through Google Chrome you can clear browsing data (Ctl, Shift & Delete) and vote again,  not that i'm saying you should do that!

Knockaert is currently second on votes, now :D

if you vote through Google Chrome you can clear browsing data (Ctl, Shift & Delete) and vote again,  not that i'm saying you should do that!

I *may* have just voted an extra 2 or 3 times...

Archived