Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Sousa signed Vitor

Not quite, almost 60% win record in Hungary, now hired by the champions of Israel so Champions League for him next season. He is a very good manager but here he spent a whole summer teaching Pearsons side to pass the ball whilst the club was changing ownership, players making it difficult such as Fryatt/Wellens/Gallagher (and don't we all know how awkward the latter two can be) after Pearson had left. Tough ask.

Hmmm, I'm not so certain it was a change in tactics alone that cost Sousa. Never seen a group of players look so unfit at the beginning of a new season as they were under him.

Hmmm, I'm not so certain it was a change in tactics alone that cost Sousa. Never seen a group of players look so unfit at the beginning of a new season as they were under him.

I remember seeing interviews with players on Foxes Player who were saying things like "I've never been at a club before where we've done ball work in the first pre-season session". Sousa had the right ideas he was just too naïve to implement them.

I still think Sousa should have been given more time. Wasn't he given like 9 games?

For me it was the fitness issue, we weren't going to get better until that was sorted. I think Sven had some positives left behind from Sousa though with some of the passing in his first season.

I still think Sousa should have been given more time. Wasn't he given like 9 games?

I class myself as quite rational and patient but this was one instance in which I was pleased we nipped a managerial tenure in the bud before any rot could set in. I don't think any of the players we had at the time had any confidence in him either, a squad that had reached the play-offs the previous season through spirit and hard bloody work looked completely void of any confidence and it never appeared like any tides were turning soon in that regard.

I class myself as quite rational and patient but this was one instance in which I was pleased we nipped a managerial tenure in the bud before any rot could set in. I don't think any of the players we had at the time had any confidence in him either, a squad that had reached the play-offs the previous season through spirit and hard bloody work looked completely void of any confidence and it never appeared like any tides were turning soon in that regard.

The 6-1 loss at Pompey spoke volumes. The last time we had a result like that was Bolton at home. We looked completely devoid of anything really.

Archived