Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Sousa signed Vitor

God we absolutely saw off Sousa's managerial career didn't we? Where is he now, Hungary wasn't it?

When you put it like that. Maybe its lcfc that is the problem!!

Afterall levine got the scotland job!! Hollowhead has 2 promotions to the top flight to his name.

Maybe kelly and allen wern't that bad afterall.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Vitor? I can barely remember him! Never particularly stood out for me

I just thought he was solid, and read the game well. Will never forget his performance at Scunthorpe away.

God we absolutely saw off Sousa's managerial career didn't we? Where is he now, Hungary wasn't it?

Not quite, almost 60% win record in Hungary, now hired by the champions of Israel so Champions League for him next season. He is a very good manager but here he spent a whole summer teaching Pearsons side to pass the ball whilst the club was changing ownership, players making it difficult such as Fryatt/Wellens/Gallagher (and don't we all know how awkward the latter two can be) after Pearson had left. Tough ask.

Sousa signed Vitor after he struck an agreement with his old friend from his playing days Rui Costa whose the general manager there. Like a director of football.  But Benfica fans didn't want it to happen for 2 reasons, 1. Despite s making nearly 100 appearances for Benfica (mostly under Sven) he moved to there hated rivals Sporting Lisbon. So hes known as a 'Pig' or 'traitor'. They didn't want a talented prospect being managed by Sousa and 2. Mandaric signed Marco Ferrieria on loan from Benfica the year we went down and he never played for in 6 months being here. 

I'm in the minority here, in the fact that I quite like Sousa. When he talked about the way he thought football should be played my mouth watered.

With hindsight, I'm not even sure sacking him was the right decision when you consider how fruitless the Sven era actually was.

I'm in the minority here, in the fact that I quite like Sousa. When he talked about the way he thought football should be played my mouth watered.

With hindsight, I'm not even sure sacking him was the right decision when you consider how fruitless the Sven era actually was.

We were rock bottom with 5 points from 9 games... how was that the wrong decision?

Not quite, almost 60% win record in Hungary, now hired by the champions of Israel so Champions League for him next season. He is a very good manager but here he spent a whole summer teaching Pearsons side to pass the ball whilst the club was changing ownership, players making it difficult such as Fryatt/Wellens/Gallagher (and don't we all know how awkward the latter two can be) after Pearson had left. Tough ask.

lol

You see saying things like that just makes you look a biased cvnt.

I wouldn't have minded Sousa if we were building a project of a team over time, but he came in and was very different to Pearson, and tried to change things very quickly. It was a complete change of style for a team built by one man who'd made them hard working and hard to beat to a man who liked a passing style with less pressing. It's no coincidence he had a a decent time at Swansea following on from Martinez who had a similar style, and they've carried that on through Rodgers and now Laudrup.

We should either have never have employed him and gone for a similar style manager to Pearson, or backed him with buckets full of money. In the end we did neither. But then Sousa should have realised he was going to struggle to implement his style with the players he had.

• 2 months later...

Archived