Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

'When Your Smiling'

Guest CityFan 06

Think someone else has bought this up, do you think we could have 'when your smiling' as our anthem? For example Birmingham city have their song (anthem) so think we should have WYS! Thoughts?

As Corky says, it is ours.

I do believe we need more Leicester City songs at home before kick off though. We don't seem to play any songs with 'edge' anymore where as other teams do (the songs that get you even more 'pumped').

I think FT should start a campaign to get this more used - and get the Club to officially endorse this as the Team Song.  The Announcer should get the fans to sing it together, as the team come out at home (not some awful Jersey Budd rendition or some other recorded version).  Most other clubs seem to encourage 'their song', by starting the fans going (eg Liverpool - You'll Never Walk Alone, West Ham - Forever Blowing Bubbles & Birmingham - Keep Right On).

It's been dying a slow death for seasons.

It's not always guaranteed an airing anymore which is scandalous.

It is our anthem, just completely underused and sung at the wrong pace.

As Corky says, it is ours.

I do believe we need more Leicester City songs at home before kick off though. We don't seem to play any songs with 'edge' anymore where as other teams do (the songs that get you even more 'pumped').

I think FT should start a campaign to get this more used - and get the Club to officially endorse this as the Team Song. The Announcer should get the fans to sing it together, as the team come out at home (not some awful Jersey Budd rendition or some other recorded version) - like most other clubs seem to encourage 'their song'.

This!

To be honest, I'd be happy with anything besides "Hey Jude" now. I find myself singing along but it's not our song, and has nothing to do with us.

How about a bit of Gary Glitter - "Cooooome on, come on... come on, come on... come on come on come on!" ? Any takers?

What version would people want? Who sang it originally?

The Louis Armstrong version is the best I've heard (I think he made it famous in the 30's - and Frank Sinatra 'covered it' in the 40's).  It was originally written in 1929.

The Louis Armstrong version is the best I've heard (I think he made it famous in the 30's - and Frank Sinatra 'covered it' in the 40's).  It was originally written in 1929.

The Louis Armstrong version is a superb long, slow Jazz number, but a really too slow for City fans to do it justice.  The Sinatra version would be great.  Yes, everyone should back a campaign to get it sung before the start of all games at the KP.

The Louis Armstrong version is a superb long, slow Jazz number, but a really too slow for City fans to do it justice.  The Sinatra version would be great.  Yes, everyone should back a campaign to get it sung before the start of all games at the KP.

Having seen Fox92's You Tube link - yes, I'll go with that !  Sinatra does a good rendition, just the right pace.  Every City fan (and LCFC) should see it, learn it  - and sing up !

Archived