Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

One big positive

Putting aside all of my concerns for us right now, the biggest positive to take from the end of last season and Saturday's game is that in 3 out of our last 4 wins we've had to come from behind to do so. We NEVER used to be able to do this under Sven or Nigel and that shows character. If you never know when you're beaten, it's can be invaluable, especially at this level where it's a scrap.

Let's hope they can keep proving us doom merchants wrong.

Very true. I'd rather not have to come from behind to win a game, but it's good to know that we're capable of doing so if we need to.

Absolutely but it was always the case that if we scored an early goal you just knew we were going to win, if we conceded first or we were approaching the closing stages of a match and we hadn't scored we'd go on and lose. It was getting tiresome and showed a distinct lack of mental strength, but this is starting to change.

Where as I didn't realise we are the comeback kings, the nature of Saturdays win was impressive. Not in the we we played but the we we kept our composure, losing a main defender, going behind to a OG, not playing well in the first half. To turn that around says something about the team/squad. Build on this and we could all be smiling.

The problem we had last season was we were the team that always conceded the first goal, most of them came from the first half and we ended up facing uphill struggles in attempting to prevent ourselves from losing, which we often failed to do. However, the games against Leeds, Bolton, Palace, Forest (last season) and Boro (this season) showed that we have the abilty to react to going a goal down and finding a way of getting a result from losing positions.

Recovering from losing positions is a habit we must have. Last season as others have said we rarely conceeded until late on early in the first half of the season then I think that habit started at Peterborough and continued (Birmingham home, Cardiff away, Sheff Wed home spring to mind). The good teams always have the habit of getting late equalisers or turning around games like we did at Boro on Saturday. Cardiff and Man United were good examples of this last season. It's a positive sign for us.  

Putting aside all of my concerns for us right now, the biggest positive to take from the end of last season and Saturday's game is that in 3 out of our last 4 wins we've had to come from behind to do so. We NEVER used to be able to do this under Sven or Nigel and that shows character. If you never know when you're beaten, it's can be invaluable, especially at this level where it's a scrap.

Exactly so.  :thumbup:

Completely agree - heads don't drop as often now.

Where as I didn't realise we are the comeback kings, the nature of Saturdays win was impressive. Not in the we we played but the we we kept our composure, losing a main defender, going behind to a OG, not playing well in the first half. To turn that around says something about the team/squad. Build on this and we could all be smiling.

A the manager's self belief in what he's doing and no doubt a great half time team talk.

Archived