Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stockyfox

Being a fan is.........

'Being a fan is about supporting your team.

Week in, week out. Keeping the faith.

Believing this time you're going to win'

This simple but absolutely spot-on quote is to be found at the entrance to the National Football Museum in Manchester.

As I read it, I put it in the context of our own fans - our regular Season Ticket Holders, our magnificent Away support - and then I thought of those who contribute to the message boards - not just FoxesTalk but the several others.

And to my mind, although that's where many of our true fans wear their heart on their sleeve, it's also where the moaners and groaners like to have their say ( and although I wouldn't dream of denying them that for one moment), for  them to describe themselves as 'fans' is to me,  a misnomer. They are 'observers' who would prefer to dwell on the downsides - they are certainly not 'fans'.

The National Football Museum is quite superb and if you ever get to Manchester (as you undoubtedly will when we get promoted next year), it is well worth a visit but be warned, you could be there all day. Admission is free but they do suggest a donation of £4.

'Being a fan is about supporting your team.

Week in, week out. Keeping the faith.

Believing this time you're going to win'

This simple but absolutely spot-on quote is to be found at the entrance to the National Football Museum in Manchester.

As I read it, I put it in the context of our own fans - our regular Season Ticket Holders, our magnificent Away support - and then I thought of those who contribute to the message boards - not just FoxesTalk but the several others.

And to my mind, although that's where many of our true fans wear their heart on their sleeve, it's also where the moaners and groaners like to have their say ( and although I wouldn't dream of denying them that for one moment), for  them to describe themselves as 'fans' is to me,  a misnomer. They are 'observers' who would prefer to dwell on the downsides - they are certainly not 'fans'.

The National Football Museum is quite superb and if you ever get to Manchester (as you undoubtedly will when we get promoted next year), it is well worth a visit but be warned, you could be there all day. Admission is free but they do suggest a donation of £4.

This old chestnut again. I just dont agree with it. I am a STH, but I wouldnt consider myself more of a fan than someone who only makes 5 games a season because of work or distance they have to travel etc

How are people who moan and groan any less of a fan than someone who is blindly optimistic? Theres two sides of the coin. Me personally, I try to look on the brightside of life, so I always go into a Leicester game feeling optimistic but everyone deserves a say, whether positive or negative.

I've also not renewed my season ticket for 2013/14 season due to being p*ssed off with the fixtures moving for sky, I will now pick the games I can attend and will do as many away games as I can. I still see myself as "true fan" though.

Fans can be positive, fans can be negative. I sometimes get bored with the negativity around here, but I'm not against is. Everyone is a fan and everyone has a different opinion, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with it. Without both sides, we wouldn't have forums like this etc.

I'm a STH but I don't call myself more of a fan than someone who hasn't got one.

I don't have a season ticket because I can't afford one at the moment. If I could, I would go to every game home and away, but unfortunately bills, rent, food etc have to take preference. I consider myself a fan as much as someone who has a season ticket and goes to every game. I love my club, win, lose or draw and as said, I wish I could go to every game, but finances at the moment don't allow that luxury. 

Sticking with the team through thick and thin, staying with the lads through the ups and downs. That's a true supporter. Doesn't matter how many games you make.

My old man had been 20 years worth more games than me, but doesn't go any more. Does that make him any less of a supporter. Does it bollocks. He still supports us and always will do.

being a fan of Leicester is shit - fact..... we are the fat girl getting fingered by the bike sheds, at the end of the school disco when it comes to football clubs

Thats not really fair. There are clubs far worse off than us. Look at Coventry....

If your a real fan you don't have a choice of the team you support. It's the one you picked as a kid by either your Dad Mum supporting them, or taking you to that first match. That was it my Dad tock me down to Filbert St and doesn't matter what happens I will always support Leicester

My my! Don’t get your knickers in a twist! It is abundantly clear that most if not all the replies so far are from dedicated, utterly loyal, out and out City fans.

Being a fan is not down to how many games you’ve been to, it’s not down to whether you’re stonking rich or totally broke, it’s down to your commitment, your interest and your pride in wanting your team to win, to be at the top.

My reference to STHs is about their commitment. They fork out a hell of lot of dosh before the season starts and commit to the Club knowing there’s no refund for a bad season.

I was taken by my dad to watch a football match at Leicester in Autumn 1949 and I have been a fan ever since. Everyone I know up here knows I’m Leicester City through and through and the spin-off is that they always keep in touch with what’s going on.

What's worse than fans that moan about things not being right at the club.

Other supporters of the club slagging them off because they have an opinion.

So on this theory I'm am not a real fans because I have had a moan about the way the club is run, might as well not give the club the £700 I have paid in season tickets, and save the god knows how's my £ on the away games I was going to go to.

So the fans that sit and take any shit served up each week, and don't have a moan are true supporters, if that's the case I am not a Leicester city fan, and wouldn't want to be.

That is everything that is wrong with the support at the minute,we have to many supporters who sit there in silence, that's why we get embarrassed by the likes of Leeds, and sheff weds who make more noise at our ground than we do.

So many arrogant fans in our ranks, that don't know how people support the club.

I sing all game at the match in support of OUR team, and if they play shit, state it on here, I am gutted I'm an 'observer'.

Support the club as you want to, and let people support it how they want to, and as it's clear you are the ultimate supporter I bet the club will give you the supporter of the year award.

Archived