Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

DoF Vs Management Team

The Bakayogo signing was done behind Robinson's back by Nigel and since then things have got worse,

I'm struggling to believe this.

The owners bring in a DOF with the remit to sell players and hit FFP and then not only allow, but pay, for a player to be bought in behind the back of the DOF.

Just doesn't make sense on any level.

Another thing is that Stringer has doctored that slightly. Listened back and what he asked was 'is Marshall on the verge of a move' and the reply was 'we have a DOF and he hasn't informed me of that yet but I'm sure he will soon'

i.e. he probably didn't tell him as they're in Carlisle focusing on the match but he expects him to soon, indicating he at least knows the wheels are in movement, presumably because he was told by Robinson.

Makes a lot more sense than Stringer's sensationalist 'I know nothing' approach

He's a clown. I appreciate local media doesn't / shouldn't have to pander to and arselick the club, but they'd get a lot more change from interviews if they weren't so quick to pounce on and sensationalise the tiniest of things.

Another thing is that Stringer has doctored that slightly. Listened back and what he asked was 'is Marshall on the verge of a move' and the reply was 'we have a DOF and he hasn't informed me of that yet but I'm sure he will soon'

i.e. he probably didn't tell him as they're in Carlisle focusing on the match but he expects him to soon, indicating he at least knows the wheels are in movement, presumably because he was told by Robinson.

Basically then, he's leaving we all know he will be going, the director of football is now dealing with this while we concentrate on team affairs. He will inform us when he has something to report.

You can see why Pearson gets frustrated with Stringer.

Archived