Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

DoF Vs Management Team

@StringerSport Foxes ruthless 2nd half. Shakespeare telling post match. Not heard re Marshall move, DOF not told him of move. Transfer apparently v close

Is it possible Shakespeare doesn't know Marshall is being sold, or is he just playing dumb to avoid questions?

Pretty worrying if the management team aren't aware players are being sold from under their noses.

Obviously departures are necessary after Konchesky deal fell through, hopefully Marshall is enough and more won't need to be sold to get under FFP limits, but you never know.

Hopefully Shakespeare is just playing dumb to avoid Q's, but if not it's bloody worrying the DoF is acting without the management team's input... And a recipe for disaster!

I know it may be a case of not actually being able to move players on, but for me, Ben Marshall wouldn't be top of my list. Anyone could sell Ben, he's got potential. A DoF would earn his money selling Gally and Konchesky in my opinion.

I hope he doesn't sell someone like Wes or Nugent.

Marshall can't be on a lot, surely?

But if its a million quid and Marshall signed a three and a half year deal, we'll recognise a £575k ish profit in the books this year, which will offset a few more months of Konchesky's wages.

Plus he apparantly wants to leave so makes sense all round.

Shakespeare is full of it. He didnt want to answer the question so denied knowledge. If he said yes, Stringer would have asked:-

Was he unhappy?

Anyone else coming in?

Anyone else leaving?

All of which Shakey wouldnt want to answer. Pearson always sends him to do the post match interview after an emphatic win as it should be an easier rude but Stringer wants dirt and denial is the only way to shake him off.

I suspect he's telling what I refer to as a 'woman lie' (my misses is a master of these) - ie. he's not actually telling a direct lie but being obtuse to the point of deception.

In other words, he knows what's going on but hasn't actually had the word telling him that it's a done deal.

I tried telling everyone that Robinson is doing his own thing and Pearson is doing another. The power struggle is real and is happening. I am buzzing by the start of the season and how we are playing but if people can't read between the lines with the comments Nigel has come out with in his pre and post match interviews then you are very dim. I've been told he isn't happy as he feels his authority and the authority of his coaching staff is being undermined. 

I tried telling everyone that Robinson is doing his own thing and Pearson is doing another. The power struggle is real and is happening. I am buzzing by the start of the season and how we are playing but if people can't read between the lines with the comments Nigel has come out with in his pre and post match interviews then you are very dim. I've been told he isn't happy as he feels his authority and the authority of his coaching staff is being undermined. 

This is the owners call pal, they wanted this scenario imo to push out NP more easily by appointing a DOF, having said that changing manager now would be bonkers better to keep NP for the duration of this season and if he doesn't deliver automatic promotion then it is fair to get rid of him.

How long does Pearson have left on his contract? If he goes, would we have to pay him off and compensate the club of the new manager? Has a DOF been appointed as a contingency?

No the remit for Robinson was to get rid of the players unwanted by Nigel and his staff (Gallagher, Danns etc) however its been impossible to move them on because of the contracts they have, so instead he's put the word out that any of our players are available for the right price. (Nigel even confirmed this in an interview without blaming anyone in particular). The Bakayogo signing was done behind Robinson's back by Nigel and since then things have got worse, I've been told Nigel wants backing for a big push for promotion but is being restricted by Robinson and the hierarchy who are wary of the repercussions if we don't reach the Premiership.

Spot on

No the remit for Robinson was to get rid of the players unwanted by Nigel and his staff (Gallagher, Danns etc) however its been impossible to move them on because of the contracts they have, so instead he's put the word out that any of our players are available for the right price. (Nigel even confirmed this in an interview without blaming anyone in particular). The Bakayogo signing was done behind Robinson's back by Nigel and since then things have got worse, I've been told Nigel wants backing for a big push for promotion but is being restricted by Robinson and the hierarchy who are wary of the repercussions if we don't reach the Premiership.

Thought restrictions were FFP related. When does that come into effect?

I wonder if they'll be willing to back him financially if we're still going strong in January, had we done that last year, it could have made the difference. So whilst we're trying our best to adhere to FFP, it can't be easy for Pearson watching teams like Forest completely ignore the rule whilst he is working with next to nothing

Walsh doesn't get to do the scouting anymore either. Robinson does it

Which is what i`ve heard too. Which given Walsh`s record at unearthing some real gems in the past, is just crazy.

Also it`s something else that was always going to piss Pearson off.

I`m no Pearson fan,in recent times, but there is no denying that we have got off to a good start, despite some indifferent performances, and the last thing we need is for another power struggle, along the lines of O`neil and Pierpoint and his cronies, back in the day.

The manager, whoever it is, should always be in charge of who leaves and who comes in, and also who he trusts to do the scouting for him, because ultimately it`s his job that`s on the line.

If we really need a Director of football, he should be there to help the manager, not to undermine him, which is possibly what could be happening.

If that is the case, then the owners need to step in, and sort it out now, before everything blows up in their faces.

On the subject of the owners, what`s happened to them recently.

When they were first here you couldn`t keep them out of the media, telling the world what they were going to turn us into, and how they would always put the fans first, and keep us informed.

Well that didn`t last long did it,these days whenever the local media ask for an interview they get knocked back.

Have we even heard an interview with Robinson yet, and what his remit is?

What about the guy who used to be at Sheff Wednesday, has he come in in some kind of advisory capacity too?

If so, then we now have 2 more people being paid a handsome wage, doing jobs that didn`t exist last season, while in the meantime, they are out there trying to whore our better players, allegedly!

Which is what i`ve heard too. Which given Walsh`s record at unearthing some real gems in the past, is just crazy.

Also it`s something else that was always going to piss Pearson off.

I`m no Pearson fan,in recent times, but there is no denying that we have got off to a good start, despite some indifferent performances, and the last thing we need is for another power struggle, along the lines of O`neil and Pierpoint and his cronies, back in the day.

The manager, whoever it is, should always be in charge of who leaves and who comes in, and also who he trusts to do the scouting for him, because ultimately it`s his job that`s on the line.

If we really need a Director of football, he should be there to help the manager, not to undermine him, which is possibly what could be happening.

If that is the case, then the owners need to step in, and sort it out now, before everything blows up in their faces.

The owners don't care I think they would rather see the back of NP, that is why they appointed a DOF to push NP out imo.

Archived