Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

DoF Vs Management Team

The owners don't care I think they would rather see the back of NP, that is why they appointed a DOF to push NP out imo.

Would it not be far easier to just sack him? Seems downright idiotic to hire someone (at a cost) who has a big impact at the club purely to get someone to leave the job but then might not even succeed in doing that.

Sorry, I don't want to seem rude but I honestly see no logic in that whatsoever. Get the feeling people want to make up these conspiracies for the fun of it at times, if they really wanted Pearson gone they'd have him gone.

Would it not be far easier to just sack him? Seems downright idiotic to hire someone (at a cost) who has a big impact at the club purely to get someone to leave the job but then might not even succeed in doing that.

Sorry, I don't want to seem rude but I honestly see no logic in that whatsoever. Get the feeling people want to make up these conspiracies for the fun of it at times, if they really wanted Pearson gone they'd have him gone.

Well if he was to resign, they wouldn`t have to pay him compensation, whereas if they sacked him they would.

Well if he was to resign, they wouldn`t have to pay him compensation, whereas if they sacked him they would.

But at what cost (not in a monetary sense) to the club? They'll know childish games and in-fighting would just create a negative ambience around Leicester City.

Surely it'd have been quicker to sack him in the off-season and hire somebody they rate rather than let him remain in charge of their investment if they don't think he's up to par? The profit we'd make for reaching the Premier League would easily eclipse that of a Pearson pay-off, if they didn't want him at the club he'd have been shown the door after Watford.

Everyone loves a conspiracy, don't they?

I haven't been paying close attention but by my count, this is the third doom and gloom, all hope is lost thread of the summer. Some people have the compulsion to feel important. You encounter these types all the time, on the internet.

I don't think they want Nigel gone, however they do want to make sure that the club doesn't face any sanctions if we fail to get promotion this season hence the strict compliance with FFP. The problem really is between Robinson and Nigel they don't seem to be able to work together at the moment which seems strange as I was told Nigel was keen to work with Robinson to fill the role of DOF, however it seems he's got one idea of doing things and Nigel has another. The Steve Walsh situation is very sticky as well.

No the remit for Robinson was to get rid of the players unwanted by Nigel and his staff (Gallagher, Danns etc) however its been impossible to move them on because of the contracts they have, so instead he's put the word out that any of our players are available for the right price. (Nigel even confirmed this in an interview without blaming anyone in particular). The Bakayogo signing was done behind Robinson's back by Nigel and since then things have got worse, I've been told Nigel wants backing for a big push for promotion but is being restricted by Robinson and the hierarchy who are wary of the repercussions if we don't reach the Premiership.

Spot on re his remit. Following quote on

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Terry-Robinson-challenge-Leicester-City/story-19327809-detail/story.html#axzz2dDdLXhFZ:

"The specific brief will be to move on the players Pearson has identified as surplus to requirements, in order that the club can adhere to the new Financial Fair Play rules."

So you pay someone what is probably quite a considerable amount to maybe/maybe not get rid of him? Sound strategy that.

So what if he doesn't go as intended? Which btw is looking likely atm - what a waste of money this plan is so far! Paying money for nothing!

So what happens when things get desperate? We've lost our sixth game in a row and Nigel still isn't walking? Cash poured down the drain for the now pointless hiring of a DoF which we still have to pay for. The logic behind this plan just keeps growing doesn't it?

I doubt very much that this risky option of hiring a DoF is really so much cheaper than just sacking him that is was seen as the better option. So far this plan you've concocted clearly isn't working and we're wasting money on it.

Carry on lying to yourself if you want to, this plan you've made up is so flawed as I've just explained that it isn't worth giving thought to.

I don't think they want Nigel gone, however they do want to make sure that the club doesn't face any sanctions if we fail to get promotion this season hence the strict compliance with FFP. The problem really is between Robinson and Nigel they don't seem to be able to work together at the moment which seems strange as I was told Nigel was keen to work with Robinson to fill the role of DOF, however it seems he's got one idea of doing things and Nigel has another. The Steve Walsh situation is very sticky as well.

Where are you hearing all this? I think the DOF is in as the board and owners have finally recognized that they may be able to run a business but know little about football and need a board member who knows that side and can give them a view other than Nigel.

Not sure where to are getting the other "read between the lines" from opinion the interviews. Apart from him hating Stringer to a point where he openly chastises or mocks his Bengal questions, I don't see it.

More info please. If it is true then I think it is sad as we seem to be getting things right at last on the pitch and progressing. Marshall I am sure has the hump that he isn't getting picked and may have thrown his toys out the pram for all we know and told them to stuff it to a loan move. Or maybe it is a loan move. I'd be sad to see him go as he seemed to be having a fairly decent preseason but with Knocky in the frame and his inconsistency, he isn't an auto choice or even near the bench as Lloyd is also ahead of him. Lets see what comes out...

Forgive me for being sceptical but some of this does sound a bit far fetched. For instance, we have a chief scout whose fulfilled the Thais brief of low cost players with high sell on value so far but then they suddenly decide one day that he shouldn't do the scouting anymore but we'll just keep him on an already inflated pay roll anyway?

Also, Nigel was supportive of the DOF coming in so it'd be a bit of an about turn if he then turns round and moans when the guy is doing what Nigel always knew he was going to do.

I don't think Terry Robinson is this sort of tyrannical megalomaniac that people are making out he is who deliberately goes behind the managers back selling players he wants to keep.

It benefits nobody if these two are at loggerheads. The owners certainly wouldn't stand for two of their senior management staff point scoring, NP knows this is his last chance so why would he start picking fights and deliberatley destabilising us and it's hardly going to put TR in a good light if he forces the guy who's got us joint top to resign?

Even if Robinson has been put there simply to raise as much funds as possible, how do you then explain the fact sizeable bids were flatly rejected for Kasper & Morgan?

For me what's happened is Marshall hasn't started the season in the side, Blackburn have noticed this and bid £1m. TR phones NP to tell him and NP says 'yes it's a good offer I'm happy to let him go'. TR then replies 'no worries my old chum, I'll accept the bid and inform you when it's all gone through'

But as others have said, let's not let common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy hey?

I wonder if they'll be willing to back him financially if we're still going strong in January, had we done that last year, it could have made the difference. So whilst we're trying our best to adhere to FFP, it can't be easy for Pearson watching teams like Forest completely ignore the rule whilst he is working with next to nothing

They are not ignoring the rule, they are taking a gamble on promotion if they get promotion then they pay a fine equal to their overspend less £8 million, if they don't get promotion they have a transfer ban, but if they have all the players they need before the ban is imposed then so what? I think the ban stays until they are back down to + £8 million or less. If they get promotion they pay the fine out of their extra Premiership earnings, £100 million extra i think was quoted this year although that probably includes parachute payments if you don't stay in the premiership.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, whether like you say, the dof is going behind Pearson and Shakespeare's back or they are fully aware, gave the dof the green light and now its in his court to sort out and inform them once its completed.

I would have thought Pearson has given a list of players who could be surplus to requirement and DOF is getting rid of any he can so as they are on the list he dosen't need to tell Pearson until it's a done deal. Although Marshall obviously has potential he wasn't in the squad Saturday or last night so fair to assume if he has no injury he is out of favour with Pearson.

How long does Pearson have left on his contract? If he goes, would we have to pay him off and compensate the club of the new manager? Has a DOF been appointed as a contingency?

Pearson is in the last year of his contract, he will not resign nor will they sack him, he will see this season out. If he fails Promotion or even playoffs then he will say it's because of DOF. 

Forgive me for being sceptical but some of this does sound a bit far fetched. For instance, we have a chief scout whose fulfilled the Thais brief of low cost players with high sell on value so far but then they suddenly decide one day that he shouldn't do the scouting anymore but we'll just keep him on an already inflated pay roll anyway?

Also, Nigel was supportive of the DOF coming in so it'd be a bit of an about turn if he then turns round and moans when the guy is doing what Nigel always knew he was going to do.

I don't think Terry Robinson is this sort of tyrannical megalomaniac that people are making out he is who deliberately goes behind the managers back selling players he wants to keep.

It benefits nobody if these two are at loggerheads. The owners certainly wouldn't stand for two of their senior management staff point scoring, NP knows this is his last chance so why would he start picking fights and deliberatley destabilising us and it's hardly going to put TR in a good light if he forces the guy who's got us joint top to resign?

Even if Robinson has been put there simply to raise as much funds as possible, how do you then explain the fact sizeable bids were flatly rejected for Kasper & Morgan?

For me what's happened is Marshall hasn't started the season in the side, Blackburn have noticed this and bid £1m. TR phones NP to tell him and NP says 'yes it's a good offer I'm happy to let him go'. TR then replies 'no worries my old chum, I'll accept the bid and inform you when it's all gone through'

But as others have said, let's not let common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy hey?

Sense and reason . I tend to agree and why would the coaching staff know all the ins and outs of transfers, hang on when asked it was a rumour so any denial makes it ture.

Agree with the two previous posts. Though I don't think it's so much about first ignoring the rules, I think they've appeared to be spending big but when you count players leaving and free signings or nominal fees, they have been tarnished with the big spending brush similar to us, without spending that much.

This was always going to develop this way. The DOF and the manager have contradictory aims. One is financial. One is playing/ results driven. The only players you can sell are the players other clubs want to buy. They tend to be your best players. Or your cheap players. So we'd sell Morgan, Knockaert, Moore, Schmeicel, Wood, Nugent tomorrow if we announced they were for sale. But to do so wd be tantamount to announcing we'd given up on promotion. So instead we're just trying to quietly cut what deals we can. Telling NFP wd be counter productive as you'd just waste time arguing about it. Obviously there are players we would sell with NFP's blessing - that's the list circulated in July. But there's either no takers or they won't take a pay cut so we're flapping about with a hastily assembled plan b.

Can't wait for the transfer window to shut personally.

Sounds like people making mountains out of molehills again. If the management had wanted to keep Marshall, then he would've featured by now. Pearson and his staff never discuss transfers if possible, of course they're going to keep their cards close to their chests.

From what I've heard, Marshall simply doesn't want to be at the club anymore - it happens - and the DoF is moving him on. Where's the big drama?

Sounds like people making mountains out of molehills again. If the management had wanted to keep Marshall, then he would've featured by now. Pearson and his staff never discuss transfers if possible, of course they're going to keep their cards close to their chests.

From what I've heard, Marshall simply doesn't want to be at the club anymore - it happens - and the DoF is moving him on. Where's the big drama?

Agreed but shakey has nothing to gain and everything to lose from saying that he and NFP know nothing about it. It reveals the two sides of the club in opposition to one another.

But at what cost (not in a monetary sense) to the club? They'll know childish games and in-fighting would just create a negative ambience around Leicester City.

Surely it'd have been quicker to sack him in the off-season and hire somebody they rate rather than let him remain in charge of their investment if they don't think he's up to par? The profit we'd make for reaching the Premier League would easily eclipse that of a Pearson pay-off, if they didn't want him at the club he'd have been shown the door after Watford.

Everyone loves a conspiracy, don't they?

I hate baseless conspiracies but am worried by the number of people seemingly in-the-know who corroborate these suspicions.  What makes it more believable is how closely such a scenario matches that when NP was eased out the first time. 

It's true it makes no sense to destroy what's being currently created in the club, but as someone has already pointed out it happened with O'Neill too, so power games don't necessarily pan out for the good of the club and fans.

I should imagine it's quite a clever reply from Shakespere, He probably doesn't know anything about the specifics of the move to Blackburn so therefore isn't lying. I should imagine in reality though, given Marshalls been left out of the squad for near enough every game so far, the management team gave permission to the DoF to try and ship Marshall out some time ago.

Archived