Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

The best fans in the world?

Not sure if this is in the right place or not so apologies if it needs to be moved, but thought it would get more noticed in the main thread.

I saw a post about getting more atmosphere into the KP as to be honest with the hype we are all banging on about and the unbeaten we are all banging on about.. doesn't seem to be working with armchair fans, As a team who think we are "Destined" and "deserve" to be in the PL.. 22k is shamefull for a team as "MASSIVE" as Leicester city.

We can't even sell out in a forest derby!! 

This got me interested in what i would call "the best fans" By best fans I mean noise levels, Flares etc are unnecessary IMO and dangerous when surrounded by thousands of people dancing about...

It's very contradicting when the club I.e representatives, players and close backroom staff, are calling and praying for the fans to shout, sing and keep the 'atmosphere' alive as it 'Helps the players'

Then we have stewards employed who frankly most could not get a job anywhere else, trying to force people to sit down and stop jumping about etc etc...

The idea of this thread is just for a bit of fun.. 

Do you have any VIDEOS of fans in the world that are particularly good, that we could learn from? I mean teams that really go full strength in making their stadium a 'fortress' 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g

Besiktas fans have always been a favorite of mine!!  - 35,000 fans...... Sounds like 135,000.. there is hope for us boring lot yet!!

Please post videos if you know any!

Guest MattP

Boca Juniors from the stuff I've watchd over my life.

Never heard them boo an own player no matter how bad, tremendous atmosphere and they absolutely live for there club. Impossible to get a ticket as they sell out for every game.

They also have a song that last for 40 minutes and not one verse is the same and every one of the La Doce learns it and passes it onto their children.

A lot of team say "more than a club" - they actually are.

Argentinian club fans (Boca/River Plate come to mind) can get quite noisy and loud.

When I went to watch Atletico Madrid vs Malaga last season, the Atletico Ultras were unbelievably loud. Not the whole stadium but even so, that was still better than what we can muster up, of course.

Dortmund fans (and many other German teams) are famed for their choreography and originality. Can't ever see what they do taking off over here simply because we wouldn't be able to perfect it and we'd make it look so tame lol.

Boca Juniors from the stuff I've watchd over my life.

Never heard them boo an own player no matter how bad, tremendous atmosphere and they absolutely live for there club. Impossible to get a ticket as they sell out for every game.

They also have a song that last for 40 minutes and not one verse is the same and every one of the La Doce learns it and passes it onto their children.

A lot of team say "more than a club" - they actually are.

Shame we are not... We are just something to half follow and fill in a gap on a weekend for most people... 

Would love for us to make a real push to get the stadium rocking atleast a few times a game... Scare the opposition into mistakes!!

You've posted the exact same video I was going to lol

Great minds and all that ;)

Boca Juniors was also going to be my next shout. They look truly amazing.

You may come up with your own Idea soon mate haha ;) 

My local Newmarket town are quite good.. they muster up 60 fans some weeks, they do spread out around the pitch in groups of 3 to make it look like more though

Guest MattP

Flares are banned at Boca home games now, if one goes up the fire brigade take a big hose to the stand, here's the song.

Depends how you classify 'best fans'. If it was purely on noise created then no British club could claim to have the best fans. But South American countries are a completely different culture, it's impossible to compare i.e me and a lot of people I know would get pretty annoyed if I had people singing next to me for 90 minutes straight so noise created probably isn't the best measure.

Depends how you classify 'best fans'. If it was purely on noise created then no British club could claim to have the best fans. But South American countries are a completely different culture, it's impossible to compare i.e me and a lot of people I know would get pretty annoyed if I had people singing next to me for 90 minutes straight so noise created probably isn't the best measure.

I was talking about noise in particular as our club is pathetic really  :D

Im not comparing us to any club, It just got me thinking about other clubs that are fantastic and maybe we could learn something about passion and not slagging our team off, and 'Supporting' Leicester city...

Put it in these terms... 

If Life support was based on Leicester city fans, Many people would die

I was talking about noise in particular as our club is pathetic really  :D

Im not comparing us to any club, It just got me thinking about other clubs that are fantastic and maybe we could learn something about passion and not slagging our team off, and 'Supporting' Leicester city...

Put it in these terms... 

If Life support was based on Leicester city fans, Many people would die

Haha, can't argue there!

Re the initial post - When I were a lad (god I can't believe I am saying that - where did the years go) and I'm only 41(.8) 12k was about the average attendance at Filbo. Mid 80's early 90s. Although in the prem years we got high 20s and early 30s for a team that has been in L1 and the championship for so long, 22k is pretty good. Attendances will rise a little further now the holiday period is over and if we keep on winning games. We have a very successful egg chasing team to compete with and although Leicester is the 7th largest city (by demographics) in the UK (and yes bigger than Nottingham and much bigger than Derby (but not Derbyshire)), we have a large ethnic community to be proud of, many denominations of which have a cultural background where football is not as established or they simply don't feel safe due to the terrible issues with racism  witnessed only a few years ago which still festers under the surface.

Leicester City is not steeped in history either and doesn't have a large county dedicated to the team. Many residents around the fringes are closer to  Nottingham / Derby / Coventry etc and see those teams as their 'club' (NB Coventry by demographics equals Leicester in size)

Add the ever increasing cost of the game to the equation, the increased number of evening games which I + many others simply cannot make(work / kids / school etc) and I think we are doing well to achieve 22k even though I would love to see 30k+ in there every week.

Going back to filbo days, standing in pen 2 or pen 3, there was a lot of noise because everyone was standing despite much smaller attendances. So much noise, those seated in the DD WA and ES joined in and it felt natural to sing along. Across the UK, seats have quietened the game, not the size of the crouds.  

We aren't an especially BIG club I am afraid. We never have been. Of the 92 in the football league in terms of croud size going back to year dot etc, we are probably between 20th and 30th. In terms of performance, no euro cups, no FA cup wins, No Prem / old League 1 wins. If you travel outside of the uk many folk have never heard of Leicester City but I hate to say this ( and I really do hate to say it!!), they all know Notts Forest because of their success in the past.  

LCFC need a sustained spell in the prem. This will build the brand and get the crowds back in. Sustain it for 5 - 10 years or so, get the odd year in Europe, win a few domestic cups and then and only then will LCFC start to be viewed as a big club by the wider footballing community at home and abroad. . 

NB no vids but Pompey fans have done themselves proud over the years + any fan of any lower div team that goes week in week out just to see if their team will survive in the football league every year.

Guest MattP

Can you get some sort of video of the atmosphere... Direct from a foxes fan could start something! REVOLUTION

Of course, will post it on here when I get back. :thumbup:

Archived