Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Where are the Pearson haters now?

I absolutely see all your points, as I think you do mine ....... The fundamental difference is that you're happy with the progress because it is progress .....

I see limited progress as limited progress against a much bigger target that should and would have been achieved quicker with a better manager.

But hey, we're covering old ground because as I said in the original post, we're 8/9 games into this season and doing absolutely fine. I also have a feeling he's signed some decent signings that aren't yet playing so maybe more to come.

There's one thing that worries me about NP - and that's that he's more like you than me!!!!!! (I'm not being horrible to you here) .... I just mean that his expectations seem to be quite low too, he doesn't inspire greatness. 

MON didn't sign Savage from Crew or Izzet from Chelsea reserves and say "fight for your place (you might be a first teamer one day) but you've got alot to learn" (paraphrasing what he said about knockie) .... He'd say "become part of this club's history, be the best that this club has ever seen"

Yeah I get the 'success now' type of thing. Modern day football demands this. However they say you cant build Rome in a day and I feel this is a similar situation. Dont get me wrong, my expectations are not low, but Im patient and think we will have more chance of getting there 'quicker' with him than without him.

You really believe that if we sacked him after this season(if of course we do fail again), that next season we'd get someone else in and 14/15 we would be promoted? I think its more likely we'd be mid table and 'bonding as a team' or 'transition season' and its almost like we would start all over again and it would soon be 16/17 or 17/18 and were still in this league!

Admittedly there is a time I would say 'Ok maybe Pearson has taken us as far as he can' but thats nowhere near the case yet..first full season back, he takes us to playoffs again(Its easy to say we nearly didnt even get in, but then selective fans can say this) Remember you could also look at it as,a tough win vs Bolton a great draw away at promoted Palace, and to bounce back when 90% of managers would subcontiously thrown in the towel at Forest, showed to me he had the bite to rally the troops to come back and knick a playoff place.

Again I will say If we dont go up this season Id still be behind him unless were fighting relegation..hes a top manager and the people who dont rate him are people who IMO think 'the grass is always greener on the other side' when in reality its not.

Inspiring to who though? cos im pretty sure he inspires the players. I think 99% of our squad love him and love playing for him. Sure he seems a bit of a taskmaster or whatever, but just look at the team spirit within the camp. He does insoire the playets im sure.

If youre referring to the fans not being inspired becsuse of him then that's balls. You always state you support the club not the manager, so do so.

I was replying to a post by MC Prussian, who gave a view, I disagree with.

I have supported this club since 1960, and seen a damn sight more managers than you come and go. If you don't like my views, then tough shit to you. Grow up, and respect the fact that everyone is entitled to a point of view, not just you.

Just for the record, Pearson does nothing to "inspire" me, and I very much doubt I am alone in this.

Yeah I get the 'success now' type of thing. Modern day football demands this. However they say you cant build Rome in a day and I feel this is a similar situation. Dont get me wrong, my expectations are not low, but Im patient and think we will have more chance of getting there 'quicker' with him than without him.

You really believe that if we sacked him after this season(if of course we do fail again), that next season we'd get someone else in and 14/15 we would be promoted? I think its more likely we'd be mid table and 'bonding as a team' or 'transition season' and its almost like we would start all over again and it would soon be 16/17 or 17/18 and were still in this league!

Admittedly there is a time I would say 'Ok maybe Pearson has taken us as far as he can' but thats nowhere near the case yet..first full season back, he takes us to playoffs again(Its easy to say we nearly didnt even get in, but then selective fans can say this) Remember you could also look at it as,a tough win vs Bolton a great draw away at promoted Palace, and to bounce back when 90% of managers would subcontiously thrown in the towel at Forest, showed to me he had the bite to rally the troops to come back and knick a playoff place.

Again I will say If we dont go up this season Id still be behind him unless were fighting relegation..hes a top manager and the people who dont rate him are people who IMO think 'the grass is always greener on the other side' when in reality its not.

I'm behind m this season after wanting rid last season during our terrible form that cost us promotion ..... However at the end of this season if we're not promoted then I'd say Thanks Nigel, let's try someone else now.

But there are always mitigating factors that will blur the black and white thinking i've shown there ... for instance if we were playing sumptuous passing attacking football, narrowly defeated in a play off final ... etc

I'm behind m this season after wanting rid last season during our terrible form that cost us promotion ..... However at the end of this season if we're not promoted then I'd say Thanks Nigel, let's try someone else now.

But there are always mitigating factors that will blur the black and white thinking i've shown there ... for instance if we were playing sumptuous passing attacking football, narrowly defeated in a play off final ... etc

If we're not in the mix at the end of the season, I think we should replace him too.

All I've wanted was for the club just for once allow a manager to complete their contract as long as we weren't relegation threatened.

Anyway:

Played 13 this season, won 10 & drawn 2.

Yes, we can all pick fault with a moment or two in a game... but a healthy pattern is forming & praise should be as forthcoming as moronic vitriol.

Archived